Do we give up on Treadwell or nah?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Do we give up on Treadwell or nah?

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I loved the picked, then he never played...He got some PT, but never stayed on the field...He now finally sees the field and drops 5 of however many thrown his way, but at the same time has made some good, drive extending catches.

Aldrick Robinson was good, but he doesn't and won't command the same kind of respect Tread does because of size.

I dont want to give up on him, but my family is sick of me cussing at him... :lol:
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Do we give up on Treadwell or nah?

Post by Maelstrom88 »

After GB I was a yes now put me down as a no. He had some good plays tonight. No harm in letting him finish the year.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Yes!!!!! For a first round pick dropping passes like this is a pickup game. Yea he has to go.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Here is my issue with Treadwell. He was a first round pick, but when he's out there I find myself happy if he just catches a short completion. I don't see him doing much to alter a game. He's not making contested catches, not walking the sideline on a tough outside throw, not going up and over on a defensive back on a deep ball. Basically, his bar for success seems to be he just doesn't muff an easy catch.

Not the sort of bar that merits a first round pick and the sort of production we've seen from him over his time with the Vikings. I thought he'd come out against the Bills after his game against the Packers. Granted, nobody on the offense really came out against the Bills, but here again against the Rams he's pedestrian at best.

I'm not even sure he merits the 3rd receiver role to be honest. He has the rest of the year to show if he can be more, but absent some consistency and showing an ability to alter a game, I see no reason for the Vikings to keep him around next year.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

The thing about Treadwell is that there are others drafted after him who turned out to be very good if not shown to be way better than Treadwell. Michael Thomas (Saints) Tyler Boyd (Bengals) Sterling Shepard (Giants). They've shown to be faster, stronger, and have better hops. Oh yeah that guy Tyreek Hill (Chiefs) was drafted in the 5th round that year.

Now Granted those 4 have better quarterbacks that throw them the ball. Maybe he isn't intelligent enough to be in such a complex systematic offense. I guess maybe something to look for is that he is younger than all 3 of them and being the fact that he's now playing his 1st year with a better quarterback can help but then again he still looks horrendous with no potential. And sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes for someone to do better. I give up on him.