Dalvin @ Rams

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Demarates
Backup
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:45 am

Dalvin @ Rams

Post by Demarates » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:45 pm

Good idea ?

I say no. Give him a week extra to recover, I don't see us winning that game in LA anyway. Bringing him back too early risks having to miss him for the rest of (another) season...
0 x
Tene Quod Bene

User avatar
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Location: Seattle, Wa

Re: Dalvin @ Rams

Post by PacificNorseWest » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:14 am

He practiced, so he should play.
0 x

User avatar
Maelstrom88
Franchise Player
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am

Re: Dalvin @ Rams

Post by Maelstrom88 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:14 am

If he's healthy he should play. Only the Vikings are privy to that information.
0 x
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers.

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5485
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Dalvin @ Rams

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:15 am

If he's good to go, play him. Just because we lose Griffen doesnt mean our season is over. This team is still loaded with talent top to bottom. We were in worse shape last year when we lose our starting QB for Case Keenum, who we all thought was a dud. We lose Griffen and now everyone is down in the dumps and think we cant run with the best teams in the NFL. I dont buy it. If Cook is ready, he better be playing.
2 x
Image

User avatar
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3571
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am

Re: Dalvin @ Rams

Post by fiestavike » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:37 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:15 am
If he's good to go, play him. Just because we lose Griffen doesnt mean our season is over. This team is still loaded with talent top to bottom. We were in worse shape last year when we lose our starting QB for Case Keenum, who we all thought was a dud. We lose Griffen and now everyone is down in the dumps and think we cant run with the best teams in the NFL. I dont buy it. If Cook is ready, he better be playing.
Not so. The team got better with Keenum than it had been with Bradford. It may have gotten worse with Cousins than with Keenum.
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5485
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Dalvin @ Rams

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:43 pm

fiestavike wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:37 pm
Not so. The team got better with Keenum than it had been with Bradford. It may have gotten worse with Cousins than with Keenum.
How did Case Keenum look going into week 4? Not good. At all. He looked awful against Pitt, shredded a gross Tampa secondary and then heads into Detroit week 4 and looked awful again. We’re going on week 4 with cousins, he looked great the first two games, and then was put in a bad situation against buffalo. We ran like 4-5 offensive plays before we were down 17-0. I’m not sure how anyone can possibly say we are worse in week 4 with cousins compared to how we were with Keenum in week 4. Cousins has had 2 great games compared to one “bad” game (where his OL decided to give him zero time). Last year, Bradford lit up week 1, Keenum had two awful games (Pitt and Detroit) and one good game against a very bad team (Tampa). It’s not even comparable right now
1 x
Image

User avatar
Maelstrom88
Franchise Player
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am

Re: Dalvin @ Rams

Post by Maelstrom88 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:15 am

fiestavike wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:37 pm
Not so. The team got better with Keenum than it had been with Bradford. It may have gotten worse with Cousins than with Keenum.
Well that didn't take long.
2 x
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers.

User avatar
allday1991
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: Dalvin @ Rams

Post by allday1991 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:27 am

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:43 pm
How did Case Keenum look going into week 4? Not good. At all. He looked awful against Pitt, shredded a gross Tampa secondary and then heads into Detroit week 4 and looked awful again. We’re going on week 4 with cousins, he looked great the first two games, and then was put in a bad situation against buffalo. We ran like 4-5 offensive plays before we were down 17-0. I’m not sure how anyone can possibly say we are worse in week 4 with cousins compared to how we were with Keenum in week 4. Cousins has had 2 great games compared to one “bad” game (where his OL decided to give him zero time). Last year, Bradford lit up week 1, Keenum had two awful games (Pitt and Detroit) and one good game against a very bad team (Tampa). It’s not even comparable right now
To add to your point, Cousins has more passing attemps, completions and yards in his first three games than any viking qb ever. However still hearing Cousins isnt our guy :confused:
0 x
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8378
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Dalvin @ Rams

Post by PurpleKoolaid » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:54 am

allday1991 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:27 am
To add to your point, Cousins has more passing attempts, completions and yards in his first three games than any viking qb ever. However still hearing Cousins isnt our guy :confused:
If this is a comparison to Case, you remember when he stared? hows he doing for wins against Case this season? Cousins has 1` frigging win. The billion dollar man. But now I supposed people like PHP say the Vikings never expected anything from this team till Cousins 3rd year.
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5485
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Dalvin @ Rams

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:44 am

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:54 am
If this is a comparison to Case, you remember when he stared? hows he doing for wins against Case this season? Cousins has 1` frigging win. The billion dollar man. But now I supposed people like PHP say the Vikings never expected anything from this team till Cousins 3rd year.
Sorry but that post sounds pretty ignorant if you ask me. As well as a typical trolling post trying to call me out but anyways.... How about actually looking to see how Case is doing. Other than just throwing "wins" out there. He's thrown 3 TDs to 5 INTs in 3 games. Oh and those 3 TDs all came in the FIRST game. So yeah, he just went two straight weeks without throwing a TD and has had a QBR under 35. But now you're a big Keenum fan? Keenum and Cousins arent comparable. Literally not even close. Kirk Cousins has thrownn 7 tds and to be honest, could be at 0 INTs right now if it wasnt for Treadwell and Murray dropping balls.

And seriously? "1 friggen win"?? So now Kirk Cousins is the one at fault for the GB tie? Pretty sure Kirk Cousins was the only reason we were in that game and also did everything in his power to get us where we needed to be to win. So dont even get me started there.

And if you ever pay attention to what I write, giving Cousins 3 years makes no sense. I always say that for ROOKIES. Because you like to call them busts if they dont play good in their first career game. Cousins is a seasoned vet. If he needs any time, it would be a year at most getting on a new team with a new OC. But he's impressed so far so I'm not worried there.

But please dont even start the whole Keenum vs Cousins crap. It's not close. Not one bit. Keenum hasnt thrown a TD in two weeks and is averaging under 6.3 YPA in those games. He was NEVER a good QB until last year. And is going back to his old ways this year. The fact you think we should have kept Keenum makes me want to throw up. But it also shows your eye for true talent.
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Image

User avatar
allday1991
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: Dalvin @ Rams

Post by allday1991 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:48 am

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:54 am
If this is a comparison to Case, you remember when he stared? hows he doing for wins against Case this season? Cousins has 1` frigging win. The billion dollar man. But now I supposed people like PHP say the Vikings never expected anything from this team till Cousins 3rd year.
I could be wrong but i believe the Cousins stat is the best of any viking qb in a three game span, ever. I agree Case had a better record at this point however the team played alot better aswell. I personally exspect alot alot of Cousins right away, however feel like at the moment hes far from the reason we are losing.
0 x
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5485
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Dalvin @ Rams

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:24 pm

allday1991 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:48 am
I could be wrong but i believe the Cousins stat is the best of any viking qb in a three game span, ever. I agree Case had a better record at this point however the team played alot better aswell. I personally exspect alot alot of Cousins right away, however feel like at the moment hes far from the reason we are losing.
At this exact point last year going into week 4, Case was 1-1. I think he was referring to him being 2-1 in Denver. But if he actually looked into something instead of pulling garbage from a can, he would notice that Case Keenum played pitiful the last two games in Denver. He's thrown 3 TDs and 5 INTs on the year. Two of those games he didnt even throw a TD. He's back to the old Case Keenum. Cousins is the definition of consistency over his career, Keenum is the complete opposite. And that is a proven fact
0 x
Image

User avatar
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3571
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am

Re: Dalvin @ Rams

Post by fiestavike » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:52 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:43 pm
How did Case Keenum look going into week 4? Not good. At all. He looked awful against Pitt, shredded a gross Tampa secondary and then heads into Detroit week 4 and looked awful again. We’re going on week 4 with cousins, he looked great the first two games, and then was put in a bad situation against buffalo. We ran like 4-5 offensive plays before we were down 17-0. I’m not sure how anyone can possibly say we are worse in week 4 with cousins compared to how we were with Keenum in week 4. Cousins has had 2 great games compared to one “bad” game (where his OL decided to give him zero time). Last year, Bradford lit up week 1, Keenum had two awful games (Pitt and Detroit) and one good game against a very bad team (Tampa). It’s not even comparable right now
I'm not interested in various contortions to justify some argument. The reality is that Cousins does many things well. Case also does some things well, and they may result in him being a better QB, or a better QB for this team. It remains to be seen. Cousins was a wreck last week, giving up sacks, not stepping up into the void, holding the ball too long, fumbling and over throwing wide open WRs. He was seriously dreadful. He was also not that sharp in first half against GB. Perhaps he is streaky. Perhaps he was rattled. I'm reserving judgement, but so far, its a very checkered resume with the Vikings.
0 x

FullWood
Franchise Player
Posts: 493
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 2:52 am

Re: Dalvin @ Rams

Post by FullWood » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:10 pm

Im worried Aaron Donald and Suh will squish him like a bug.
0 x

User avatar
Demarates
Backup
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:45 am

Re: Dalvin @ Rams

Post by Demarates » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:23 am

Probably out for today's game. :(
0 x
Tene Quod Bene

Post Reply