Everson Griffen In Hospital After Incident at Hotel

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Everson Griffen - MIA

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

This is from Pelissero. I have no idea what’s going on.
Adding to this: Everson Griffen is being evaluated at a local hospital, I’m told. Again, concerns about his mental health predate last weekend. Two team sources strongly deny a report Griffen was arrested in another alleged incident.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I wonder if mental health is a cover-up for the cocaine "issue." Maybe he had a stash in the room at the hotel. Went to a teammates house he knew/suspected of having cocaine. I don't know. I'm ready for this all to come out now. Sad, disappointing, but ready to move on already. I hope he gets well.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:53 pm I wonder if mental health is a cover-up for the cocaine "issue." Maybe he had a stash in the room at the hotel. Went to a teammates house he knew/suspected of having cocaine. I don't know. I'm ready for this all to come out now. Sad, disappointing, but ready to move on already. I hope he gets well.
I'm curious if this is a new thing or not. If not, why was it never found. If so, why in Earth would he start that?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

The quote from Pelissero makes me lean more mental health, but I'm just spit-balling at this point. Sounds like the team suspected something was up though.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

PacificNorseWest wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:53 pm I wonder if mental health is a cover-up for the cocaine "issue." Maybe he had a stash in the room at the hotel. Went to a teammates house he knew/suspected of having cocaine. I don't know. I'm ready for this all to come out now. Sad, disappointing, but ready to move on already. I hope he gets well.
I really hope it wasn't a teammate with cocaine. I mean, that would be a disaster. Looking ahead, what would that do to the staff? My goodness we need details here.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

PurpleMustReign wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:03 pm I really hope it wasn't a teammate with cocaine. I mean, that would be a disaster. Looking ahead, what would that do to the staff? My goodness we need details here.
Well, it could just be that Griffen is delusional at this point. We really need more to come out. I'm just impatient and wanting to play a gumshoe to get his going forward. Sooner we learn, the quicker we can move on.

I do hope he get the help he needs though, whatever it is.
Last edited by PacificNorseWest on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Vikings are now saying that the report made that he was breaking into a players house and was arrested is FALSE. He is undergoing a mental health evaluation though.

Still confused
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Testing stops after training camp. Most players use during the season. Not saying I believe it but...
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

YikesVikes wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:09 pm Testing stops after training camp. Most players use during the season. Not saying I believe it but...
That can't be true.

Maybe it is...had no idea. Seems odd though.
Last edited by PacificNorseWest on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:06 pm Vikings are now saying that the report made that he was breaking into a players house and was arrested is FALSE. He is undergoing a mental health evaluation though.

Still confused
I hope he can get help. This is really scary.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:11 pm That can't be true.

Maybe it is...had no idea. Seems odd though.
"NFL players are tested for recreational drugs once a year, during a window mandated by the collectively bargained substance-abuse policy. That window opens in the spring (this year, coincidentally, it’s on 4/20) and ends early in the preseason. But largely because of the cost of dispatching drug testers, the vast majority of players are tested during training camp, when they’re all in one place."

https://deadspin.com/its-remarkably-eas ... 1695935246
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Good to know.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Speculating here but if the cocaine and teammate rumors are true and we have multiple players about to get busted for violating the drug policy, that would explain why the whole team was mentally checked out against the Bills.

I think this might get much worse before it gets better...
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

TSonn wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 pm Speculating here but if the coccaine and teammate rumors are true and we have multiple players about to get busted for violating the drug policy, that would explain why the whole team was mentally checked out against the Bills.

I think this might get much worse before it gets better...
Ugh...I have to believe it isn't all that. If it runs that deep. I wouldn't have the words...It appears to be isolated on Griff though. Like I said though...I'm just ready for it to call come out so we can move on. Hopefully a lot of it breaks tomorrow. It seemingly will.

Edit: Just saw it on the ESPN ticker so it'll be everywhere tomorrow.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Why, why, WHY can't this team have one year without drama?

Obviously this is a perplexing situation. Best to Griffen. I know he's been through a lot but this feels completely out of nowhere. Hopefully he and everyone else involved is ok.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly