Everson Griffen In Hospital After Incident at Hotel

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

COViking
Backup

Everson Griffen In Hospital After Incident at Hotel

Post by COViking »

Has anyone heard anything else regarding Everson Griffen and why he missed the game with a personal matter. This is making me a little nervous that they are not talking about it, has anyone heard anything else about this?

This makes me nervous either way, NOT reputable but all I could find......

https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikin ... l_trouble/

**I changed the title of the thread to represent what we know now. - Cliff
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Everson Griffen - MIA

Post by fiestavike »

Only heard rumors. Given the nature of those rumors, I would speculate (pure speculation) that he had some sort of altercation or break which was resolved without violence or arrest, but may have been received as a wake up call to him, which caused him to commit himself to a substance abuse facility for cocaine addiction.

Of course, all the rumors could be false, but that scenario would fit each detail of the rumor together in a way that at least makes sense. It also could explain how the team might come out completely deflated against Buffalo, having a team leader put himself in such a situation might really have been an emotional gut punch.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

COViking wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:42 pm Has anyone heard anything else regarding Everson Griffen and why he missed the game with a personal matter. This is making me a little nervous that they are not talking about it, has anyone heard anything else about this?

This makes me nervous either way, NOT reputable but all I could find......

https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikin ... l_trouble/
I can't view what is n the link but there are reports of him freaking out in a hotel lobby saying he wanted to shoot someone? Wtf is happening?
This season is 2010 all over again.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Statement from Vikings GM Rick Spielman regarding Everson Griffen: "We are aware of the situation involving Everson Griffen and certainly concerned by what we have heard. We are currently focused on Everson's well-being and providing the appropriate support for him and his family."
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

https://kstp.com/sports/source-viking-e ... g/5083092/
Viking Everson Griffen Involved in Incident at Minneapolis Hotel, Team Concerned About Well-Being

The Minnesota Vikings say they are concerned about the well-being of one of their star players after hearing he was involved in an incident this weekend.

Sources confirmed to 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that defensive end Everson Griffen was involved in an incident at the Hotel Ivy on Saturday.

According to police records, a person at Hotel Ivy was verbally threatening to shoot someone in the middle of the day on Saturday.

The Minneapolis Police Department redacted that person's name from the report, but a source confirmed that it was indeed Griffen named in the report.

According to the report, at one point staff members moved to the back of the office while Griffen paced around in the lobby.

Police dispatch audio archived online includes a dispatcher saying that the suspect said to the staff that if someone wouldn't let him in his room that he was going to shoot someone. Police said no gun was ever seen.
More at the link.

I hope he's okay. This doesn't sound good at all.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Like wtf is he doing? And what worries me is, what was in his room? Rumors were there was cocaine involved. I feel like that would’ve came out in the report though. Just what we need is him going off his rocker.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

He didn't miss the game because of this "personal matter" though. He was ruled out on Wednesday and this incident happened on Saturday. Unless the team already knew something was up with him before the incident occurred.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PacificNorseWest wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 pm He didn't miss the game because of this "personal matter" though. He was ruled out on Wednesday and this incident happened on Saturday. Unless the team already knew something was up with him before the incident occurred.
Yeah could be. I mean with how jacked up this guy always is, the whole cocaine thing doesn’t surprise. But if he’s been doing cocaine this whole time, how has he gotten away with it? Idk this just doesn’t sound good right now. Read the original article posted in this thread. “Blackbear” that’s posting in there is saying he’s got a buddy that is a cop and saw the report and cocaine was involved. Got a weird feeling Weatherly is our starting DE the rest of the year
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

I would say re-sign B-Rob right? If griffen is missing time? Or done in general?
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Probably.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:25 pm I would say re-sign B-Rob right? If griffen is missing time? Or done in general?
I thought the same thing. What a weird situation.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Hope he can get everything worked out. Great football player and seems like a nice enough guy. Sucks to lose him.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

I’m reading now that Griffen WAS arrested but not for hotel incident. He was arrested for trying to break into another vikings players house. This story isn’t adding up.
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Jesus.