Everson Griffen In Hospital After Incident at Hotel

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Everson Griffen In Hospital After Incident at Hotel

Post by allday1991 »

Demarates wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:00 pm I hear you, Danny, but it still sounds pretty bad.

Fighting "demons in his head.", rambling incoherently, shirtless while attempting to break in. Poor guy... :(

Could that be due to building up resistance against to his current drugs regimen or do you think it could signs of something more serious ? The antics portrayed by some of the actors in Concussion (2015) come to mind. :?
Sadly this has CTE written all over it....
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

allday1991 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:38 pm Sadly this has CTE written all over it....
Could be a lot of things. Just glad he was relatively willing to go for the evaluation.

If this was part of why the team was flat on Sunday, then I hope they are encouraged by the front office's approach and that they will rally behind him with the journey he is on, and for each other on and off the field.

Teams often use the word "family" - this is a time to act like (a good) one.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Sounds to conflict a bit from elsewhere, but this is from Waynes.
Statement from #Vikings Trae Waynes re: Everson Griffen: "To clarify, there was no attempted break-in at our home and at no point did my family or I feel unsafe. We are friends with the Griffen family and we are here to support them in any way possible during these trying times."
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Could easily mean they aren't pressing charges and are protecting him from further insult.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Every time I see a football player struggling with what might be the result of playing football, it makes it that much harder for me keep supporting this sport. I am as hardcore a Vikings fan as there is, but man, it is getting harder and harder to justify that these types of outcomes are the price someone and their family might be paying so I can be marginally entertained on Sunday.

The most disturbing part about CTE is, if it is the cause of Griffen's behavior, there isn't any treatment that is going to make it better. The best he can hope for at this point is not to get any worse, but he likely will continue to deteriorate no matter what he or anyone else does. Very scary stuff.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:27 pm I truly don’t know what to think.

Coming off week 2, we think everything is fine and this just turned into absolute mayhem. I was at the game this weekend and was at Randles restaurant when this was going on Saturday. Pretty sure hotel ivy is only a few blocks away. The last thing I would ever think is that everson is losing his mind right down the road and possibly being done for his career.

I hope to god Waynes isn’t involved. I just have a weird pit in my stomach that there is much more to come out and that more guys are involved. And I’m one of the most positive guys on this board. We might be getting B-Rob and Newman back ASAP at this rate.

Every year it’s always something with this team. I have the same feeling as I did with the whole love boat thing. And that player after player are going to start getting busted.

I hope I’m wrong
PHP i hope you are wrong also. But with what we has been reported so far, and how much do we truly know and will we really know, i don't really see the validity in comparing this to rge Love Boat incident.
That was a team party, planned and paid for by several members of a pretty undisciplined group of guys and in a different culture.
Sadly, this is a situation involving a player who, by family, teammates and team officials , that has dealt with these issues in the past, and unfortunately lately.
I have a close friend that had these types of issues behaviorial issues on and off for years. When he was taking prescribed meds, he was in a much better place. When he didn't take the meds, well, lets just say it wasn't a good situation. unfortunately later in life he stopped all treatment and ended up taking his own life.
I know as a fan , this past weeks game sucked, the tie sucked, and it seems tha t we aren't living up to our potential as a team.
Then this type of report comes out. But right now i guess i worry more about EGs health and life , and his wife and children's future alot more than his availability on the field.
Like i started with, i truly dont mean this in a disrespectful way, but we have some excellent human beings on this team who are an asset and important part of their community and to the lg as a whole. I just think its unfair to bring up the idiotic Love Boat deal as a possible indictment on other members of the team because of serious issues with one individual on the team, who does seem to have some very serious issues.
Reminds me of yrs ago a few ppl, sad to say aome very pious ppl, at our church saw so our pastor walking out of a very rough bar in our small town. It didnt take long for the "' prayer chain" members to burn up the phone lines to pass on the news that our Pastor was frequenting the infamous bar in town, and they were planning on assembling to kick him out. Imagine their shame when they found out that one of the very old members had had a bad stroke, and her only son practically lived on a bar stool, and our Pastor went to find the guy and was able to get him to see his mother before she passed away.
I learned a huge lesson with that.
So seriously, with all due respect, lets see how this plays out, lets hope for the best for E.G. and hope he becomes well. And most of all, lets dont indicte or include other teammates in the situation , and hope that it truly doesnt involve any others.
Just a diff way to look at it, and again i mean no dissrespect or im i being a jerk.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

VikingLord wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:20 pm Every time I see a football player struggling with what might be the result of playing football, it makes it that much harder for me keep supporting this sport. I am as hardcore a Vikings fan as there is, but man, it is getting harder and harder to justify that these types of outcomes are the price someone and their family might be paying so I can be marginally entertained on Sunday.

The most disturbing part about CTE is, if it is the cause of Griffen's behavior, there isn't any treatment that is going to make it better. The best he can hope for at this point is not to get any worse, but he likely will continue to deteriorate no matter what he or anyone else does. Very scary stuff.
I gotta agree with this. I played football, i LOVE football, and am as big a Vikes fan as anyone here. I also read the book about the Aaron Hernandez case. They actually showed his brain scans in the book and the report. The kid had a brain that had the damage of an 80 yr olds brain.
We have a local kid who played center in the NFL for 9 yrs,actually was our new QBs starting center. He retired and now lives back here. His brother is my boss. They are already worried aboutthe damge he has take. In his 30s and starting to be forgetful etc. Its a scary deal man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:35 pm PHP i hope you are wrong also. But with what we has been reported so far, and how much do we truly know and will we really know, i don't really see the validity in comparing this to rge Love Boat incident.
That was a team party, planned and paid for by several members of a pretty undisciplined group of guys and in a different culture.
Sadly, this is a situation involving a player who, by family, teammates and team officials , that has dealt with these issues in the past, and unfortunately lately.
I have a close friend that had these types of issues behaviorial issues on and off for years. When he was taking prescribed meds, he was in a much better place. When he didn't take the meds, well, lets just say it wasn't a good situation. unfortunately later in life he stopped all treatment and ended up taking his own life.
I know as a fan , this past weeks game sucked, the tie sucked, and it seems tha t we aren't living up to our potential as a team.
Then this type of report comes out. But right now i guess i worry more about EGs health and life , and his wife and children's future alot more than his availability on the field.
Like i started with, i truly dont mean this in a disrespectful way, but we have some excellent human beings on this team who are an asset and important part of their community and to the lg as a whole. I just think its unfair to bring up the idiotic Love Boat deal as a possible indictment on other members of the team because of serious issues with one individual on the team, who does seem to have some very serious issues.
Reminds me of yrs ago a few ppl, sad to say aome very pious ppl, at our church saw so our pastor walking out of a very rough bar in our small town. It didnt take long for the "' prayer chain" members to burn up the phone lines to pass on the news that our Pastor was frequenting the infamous bar in town, and they were planning on assembling to kick him out. Imagine their shame when they found out that one of the very old members had had a bad stroke, and her only son practically lived on a bar stool, and our Pastor went to find the guy and was able to get him to see his mother before she passed away.
I learned a huge lesson with that.
So seriously, with all due respect, lets see how this plays out, lets hope for the best for E.G. and hope he becomes well. And most of all, lets dont indicte or include other teammates in the situation , and hope that it truly doesnt involve any others.
Just a diff way to look at it, and again i mean no dissrespect or im i being a jerk.
I understand what you’re thinking but I think you’re taking it in the complete wrong way. I was referring more to the whole “nfl drug cartel” thing that was mentioned earlier. Saying that there is one well known Viking player and possibly more that are involved. More or less I’m saying this might not be all about Griffen. This could be a gigantic domino effect involving many players on this team. That is what scares me but I hope I am wrong.

Yeah two different types of issues obviously but I was talking in the sense of losing multiple players in this whole thing. That’s all. But I definitely understand where you were coming from. I should’ve worded it better
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

This season continues to feel like 2010. I know no one likes to hear it but, I haven't been able to shake this vibe since training camp.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

If the roof collapses this winter, I'm moving to Oklahoma.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

YikesVikes wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:50 pm This season continues to feel like 2010. I know no one likes to hear it but, I haven't been able to shake this vibe since training camp.
I agree. Sometui g has felt off. Then again, it seems something like thisbhard BS every year after we lose the NFC championship game. 1999 was a bad start, and 2010.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:12 pm I understand what you’re thinking but I think you’re taking it in the complete wrong way. I was referring more to the whole “nfl drug cartel” thing that was mentioned earlier. Saying that there is one well known Viking player and possibly more that are involved. More or less I’m saying this might not be all about Griffen. This could be a gigantic domino effect involving many players on this team. That is what scares me but I hope I am wrong.

Yeah two different types of issues obviously but I was talking in the sense of losing multiple players in this whole thing. That’s all. But I definitely understand where you were coming from. I should’ve worded it better
Now i see the angle you were coming from , so i understand it better. Sorry about that. I hadn't at the time read the deal about the drug cartel thing and the stuff about a teammate involved also.
I hope that alot of that is rumor and speculation. I guess time will tell.
So with that , PHP, thanks for understanding my point of view and how I didn't know all the info u were basing your post on.
So... Purple Peace my friend!!! We both want the same thing, a great multiple SB ring bearing Dynasty in Minny
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

This whole event has left me very sad, I have met Everson at training camp in Mankato a couple times,always had time to talk and seemed like a very likeable person.This was before he signed the big contract and he was still trying to prove himself to the team,he always had a smile and seemed very positive. Hopefully he can recover from this and still live a normal life.
Demarates
Backup

Post by Demarates »

Husker Vike wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:22 pm This whole event has left me very sad, I have met Everson at training camp in Mankato a couple times,always had time to talk and seemed like a very likeable person.This was before he signed the big contract and he was still trying to prove himself to the team,he always had a smile and seemed very positive. Hopefully he can recover from this and still live a normal life.
Abso - effing - lutely.
Tene Quod Bene
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

It sounds like everything calmed down from yesterday. New reports that he wasn't, in fact, banned from the facility.

Hopefully now things can move on and he can get help and hopefully get back to playing football, if that's what he wants to do.