Barr

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Barr

Post by dead_poet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:07 am I said it earlier but I am done with Barr. I want a new SLB next year
Wilson.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

There's a reason that Barr was pretty much the only one left unsigned from the core of this defense.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Bad games? How about #21. He jumped coverage in zone twice, constantly lining up late. Often covered the wrong guy, and got beat everytime when covering the right guy and didnt make one solo tackle or even come close, this first round pick will be right up there with Treadwell. I know hes a rookie but the guy did nothing right after waynes went down
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Barr has already reached his ceiling. He has some good games early, but thats it. He isnt a good tackler, and lately doesnt look good in coverage, or cleaning up a tackle. I said when we got Kenricks, Ken would be ready and I was right. And Ken isnt 100% right now IMO. Only player on either side of the bowl thats playing like he should, for the money he gets, is Hitmann. Linval made one of the stupidest penalties, and it started the spiral downhill.

I dont know what other teals woul give now for Barr, but Barr is going downhill so fast, we better work something out. For a pass catching TE, or a good G.
Demarates
Backup

Post by Demarates »

True, something like that should be called.

Even if he's not putting his fingers into the mask, he's actively using the mask to twist the defender's head in an unnatural angle.

The rules are supposed to be about player safety, Wrenching off the other guy's head as he is charging forward seems pretty unsafe to me.
Tene Quod Bene
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:11 pm Barr has already reached his ceiling. He has some good games early, but thats it. He isnt a good tackler, and lately doesnt look good in coverage, or cleaning up a tackle. I said when we got Kenricks, Ken would be ready and I was right. And Ken isnt 100% right now IMO. Only player on either side of the bowl thats playing like he should, for the money he gets, is Hitmann. Linval made one of the stupidest penalties, and it started the spiral downhill.

I dont know what other teals woul give now for Barr, but Barr is going downhill so fast, we better work something out. For a pass catching TE, or a good G.
I don’t understand why guys are down on Rudy. Yeah he’s not the best athlete but he’s super reliable pass catcher and has stayed healthy for quite some time now.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

allday1991 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:35 pm Bad games? How about #21. He jumped coverage in zone twice, constantly lining up late. Often covered the wrong guy, and got beat everytime when covering the right guy and didnt make one solo tackle or even come close, this first round pick will be right up there with Treadwell. I know hes a rookie but the guy did nothing right after waynes went down
After a few games we’re gonna say Hughes is up there with Treadwell? Come on. It was only a few years ago guys couldn’t stand Waynes and I kept saying give him time. Now we don’t want him out of the lineup and he’s became a very solid corner that’s excellent in the run game. Give the guy time.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:50 pm After a few games we’re gonna say Hughes is up there with Treadwell? Come on. It was only a few years ago guys couldn’t stand Waynes and I kept saying give him time. Now we don’t want him out of the lineup and he’s became a very solid corner that’s excellent in the run game. Give the guy time.
I hate to whip a dead horse but it is a honest statement, and i know you watch some game film along with others who are good at pictures and breaking down plays. If in your journeys this week you if you decide to torture yourself and breakdown some plays in buffalo game id be interested if you/anyone can find one play of hughes where he had good coverage or even made a solo tackle? I honestly struggle to find one play where he had good coverage with the ball being thrown his way. IMO when Waynes went down he looked like the worst player on defence (even over barr) by far and even if he turns out ok im not undestanding these developmental picks in the first round while you got one of the weakest rated olines and a solid 30 sack dline. I may have selective memory but i remember Waynes debut, and he could atleast tackle.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

allday1991 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:00 pm I hate to whip a dead horse but it is a honest statement, and i know you watch some game film along with others who are good at pictures and breaking down plays. If in your journeys this week you if you decide to torture yourself and breakdown some plays in buffalo game id be interested if you/anyone can find one play of hughes where he had good coverage or even made a solo tackle? I honestly struggle to find one play where he had good coverage with the ball being thrown his way. IMO when Waynes went down he looked like the worst player on defence (even over barr) by far and even if he turns out ok im not undestanding these developmental picks in the first round while you got one of the weakest rated olines and a solid 30 sack dline. I may have selective memory but i remember Waynes debut, and he could atleast tackle.
Again, third game of a rookie season. Second time filling in on the outside. It takes time. I know people hate hearing it but its the truth. Go look at most rookies in this league. It goes for everyone. You cant expect a rookie CB to go out and be a shutdown CB day 1. It's not realistic. Waynes literally got picked on for a year and a half before he figured it out. And he was a higher pick than Hughes. This is Hughes' 3rd career game. Simple as that
-Chazz Palminteri
raddmann
Backup

Post by raddmann »

Agree on hughes. It was unfortunate he was pressed into action so early but the guy who deserves the scorn is Alexander. He still hasn't figured it out.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

allday1991 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:00 pm I hate to whip a dead horse but it is a honest statement, and i know you watch some game film along with others who are good at pictures and breaking down plays. If in your journeys this week you if you decide to torture yourself and breakdown some plays in buffalo game id be interested if you/anyone can find one play of hughes where he had good coverage or even made a solo tackle? I honestly struggle to find one play where he had good coverage with the ball being thrown his way. IMO when Waynes went down he looked like the worst player on defence (even over barr) by far and even if he turns out ok im not undestanding these developmental picks in the first round while you got one of the weakest rated olines and a solid 30 sack dline. I may have selective memory but i remember Waynes debut, and he could atleast tackle.
Someone on Reddit did a deep dive on Hughes against the Bills. Actually played really well despite a couple mistakes where he freelanced.
Https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikin ... hughes_in/
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Barr getting destroyed. Horrible...
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:39 pm Barr getting destroyed. Horrible...
To be fair, the defensive scheme was exploited badly. There is no way that Barr can be expected to cover WRs one-on-one. Normally there should be some safety help up top. McVay really out-coached Zim in the game, in my opinion.
Damian
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Barr needs a good benching to help him focus his mind.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

soflavike wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:34 am Barr needs a good benching to help him focus his mind.
I'm starting to wonder if he might not be in great shape compared to previous years. Perhaps putting him on some of those receivers was something that he would have been able to do in years past but he has lost a step for some reason?