Bills vs. Vikings Postgame Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Trkn10
Practice Squad

Bills vs. Vikings Postgame Thread

Post by Trkn10 »

What an absolutely pathetic display of execution and coaching. This ranks third to the playoff games against the Giants and Eagles. I know there's a lot of guys here who think Zimmer is a good coach, but I think his strengths end at being a good DC. He has shown in numerous games that he can't make adjustments, lacks the aggressive killer instinct right out of the gate, and accepts schemes that lack creativity and risk.

I haven't caught his PG presser yet, but if it doesn't start with a tearful apology to Vikings fans across the globe he is seriously out of touch.

Pathetic today, just pathetic. My heart goes out to all of those who had to witness this humiliation in person. We watched the game at a sports bar and had no sound on the game, but I hope there was some audible signs of displeasure with this team. :wallbang: :ripple: :steamed: :confused: :nono:
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Bills vs. Vikings Postgame Thread

Post by halfgiz »

The thing that sticks out today for me is we only had 14 yards rushing on 6 atts.
While Cousins had 55 attemps.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

halfgiz wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:12 pm The thing that sticks out today for me is we only had 14 yards rushing on 6 atts.
While Cousins had 55 attemps.
Surprised we didn’t run north/south with Murray at all
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Murray sucks and Cousins really laid an egg, and Rudolph needs to be replaced in the starting lineup by Morgan.

Cousins seems very streaky. Its early in the year, but not feeling optimistic about him as the starting QB for the next 3 years.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

More complaining tomorrow.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Waiting for Pondering's view on this game seeing that he was at it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

'yikes vikes" pretty much sums this one up.

Is there something fundamentally wrong with this team or what?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

First i feel this was a classic case of overlooking your opponent, thinking you already had the game won and looking to your next opponent, who is a much harder game.
Secondly, i also think that we are the perfect example of a great team.. on paper.. and a not so great team on the field. We have been playing very undisciplined football. It was also one of those days where every bounce of the ball went against us.
But there are no excuses for today. We were dominated in every phase of the game from a SUPPOSEDLY horrible team.
That rookie QB made our Elite D look foolish.
And the weakness of our O line, and the neglect in trying to improve it is really coming back to bite us.
I hope that we are all overreacting , Cousins goes on the radio and tells us to all just R-E-L-A-X and turn it around.
But.. i don't feel real optimism for tge rest the season right now.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Is the NFC North the worst division in football? After week one, it looked like the bears might be really good, actually competing with the vaunted packers, and the Vikings managed to eek out a close game against a promising SF team. Then the vikings manage to keep even with that packers team, who just came off an impressive comeback against a promising CHI team, and should have won if not for the missed FGs...but now one has to wonder. Chicago is losing to AZ, GB loses to Wash, Min loses to Buf...maybe this whole division is not particularly good.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

YikesVikes wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:49 pm Waiting for Pondering's view on this game seeing that he was at it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Game was absolutely brutal. But I’m going to honestly sit here and blame one thing and one thing only. The offensive line. Riley Reiff was horrendous. Which is pretty unusual. I think we need to consider O’Neill at LT. Hughes was running around Reiff and Reiff didn’t have the quickness to get out to his wide rushes. Hard to blame cousins or the D because we were put in bad positions from the start because of the OL. We were down 17-0 before we knew it. I don’t care who we’re playing, you can’t turn the ball over inside your own 20 twice.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:36 pm Game was absolutely brutal. But I’m going to honestly sit here and blame one thing and one thing only. The offensive line. Riley Reiff was horrendous. Which is pretty unusual. I think we need to consider O’Neill at LT. Hughes was running around Reiff and Reiff didn’t have the quickness to get out to his wide rushes. Hard to blame cousins or the D because we were put in bad positions from the start because of the OL. We were down 17-0 before we knew it. I don’t care who we’re playing, you can’t turn the ball over inside your own 20 twice.
I think you are spot on. The oline was the start of the cascade. Cousins plays worst when pressured. The type of pressure we gave up early, got to him and affect him for much of the game. I think you are right about Oniel as well. My fear is that we cannot run block. We seem to end up in a lot of 3rd and longs as a result. Offensive play calling is also an issue. Lastly, I think this defense is arrogant and feels like they have achieved something. They are getting run by but play like they are the 85 Bears.
Vikings CrucifiXS
Rookie

Post by Vikings CrucifiXS »

fiestavike wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:29 pm Is the NFC North the worst division in football? After week one, it looked like the bears might be really good, actually competing with the vaunted packers, and the Vikings managed to eek out a close game against a promising SF team. Then the vikings manage to keep even with that packers team, who just came off an impressive comeback against a promising CHI team, and should have won if not for the missed FGs...but now one has to wonder. Chicago is losing to AZ, GB loses to Wash, Min loses to Buf...maybe this whole division is not particularly good.
The FudgePackers losing and getting gashed by AD is the only takeaway I can get today, as a Vikings fan. At the very least if all their division opponents lose then our guys will maintain their position and still win the division.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Now watch. They do this and they'll come out thursday and smoke the rams. This team has been jeckyl and hyde for 30 years. Every year they have a game like this. Recent memory has today, that one game against the colts where luck had like 350 yards at halftime and 35 points. The opener vs san fran a few years back. Last years nfccg. Its starting to annoy me . there is literally no excuse to scoring 6 points against a team that has given up almost 60 points in the first half of the last two games.and this defense hasnt been the same since the second half of the saints game. Something is seriously off
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

We started off terribly and it only became more of a nightmare from there. If we would have started off strong, I bet the Bills would have folded. That said, the Bills looked fundamentally better than I expected them to be. It’s easy to forget this team was in the playoffs last year.

Did Iloka play today? What is the story with him?

Offense got out of rythem early. Every play looked harder than it should have been. Really hoping this isn’t the beginning of the end as other teams figure out how to apply pressure through our porous offensive line and put Cousins off balance.

I am expecting a much better showing against the Rams next week, but even so I doubt we win. It’s very possible we’ll be staring at a 1-3-1 record here soon. This game hurts because it is one we should have won going into two that are very losable.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

I’m not thrilled about this loss, but I hope that it’s a reality check for this team. They have the talent, they just need to put in the effort. Over the years I’ve come to expect the team to put up 2-4 terrible games a year. This just happened to be one of them. To help me feel better about this loss I’ll think about the following:

2003 - Vikings start 6-0, lose to all 4 teams that finish 4-12, miss the playoffs with a 9-7 record.

2016 - Vikings start 5-0, finish 8-8 and miss the plays

1998, 2000, 2009, 2017 - do I need to go into details?

This one game won’t define the season, since 2000 teams coming off a bye are 3-13. Let’s hope for a rebound game against the Rams.

Side note: I feel a little bad that I’m going to force my soon to be born son to be a Vikings fan. It’ll build character, I guess?

Skol! On to the Rams.