Bills vs. Vikings Postgame Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Bills vs. Vikings Postgame Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:57 pm My only comment here is that the Bills didn't exactly have to do much passing in the 2nd half. The yards allowed by the defense in the first half were more than enough to last the whole game.

The defense merited complaints yesterday. You can paper it over a little, but they did almost nothing to alter the trajectory of that game in either half even if statistically the 2nd half looked better.
Sorry but I have to question that statement. We gave up 128 in the first half and 164 in the second half. So in turn, how was 128 yards given up able to last the whole game? You’re missing the point. I feel like you’re looking at points put up over actual yards. The first drive was carried by penalties (two 15 yarders) and the next 10 points came when our defense was pinned inside the 20 twice BECAUSE OF our offensive line. The amount of yards actually given up when we were down 17-0 was minimal.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

TheCoolerOne wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:35 am We all just got done salivating over his clutch performance against Green Bay. "Finally, a real QB!" "Haven't seen chucks like that since Tarkenton!" "Put the team on his back!" etc., etc. It was just a crappy game, all around. I don't really have any hard insider information to back any of this up, but would anyone be that surprised if they were putting installs in for the Rams game on Thursday leading up to the Bills game?
Bills got into his head and he never recovered. I expect the Rams to bring heavy pressure as well for the same reason.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:05 pm Sorry but I have to question that statement. We gave up 128 in the first half and 164 in the second half. So in turn, how was 128 yards given up able to last the whole game? You’re missing the point. I feel like you’re looking at points put up over actual yards. The first drive was carried by penalties (two 15 yarders) and the next 10 points came when our defense was pinned inside the 20 twice BECAUSE OF our offensive line. The amount of yards actually given up when we were down 17-0 was minimal.
So you think that was a good defensive performance in the 2nd half?

I think the Bills let up in the 2nd half to be honest. No need to push their already good luck, but at no time did I feel like the Vikings defense stepped up and exerted control over the game or altered anything the Bills wanted or had to do.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:05 pm Sorry but I have to question that statement. We gave up 128 in the first half and 164 in the second half. So in turn, how was 128 yards given up able to last the whole game? You’re missing the point. I feel like you’re looking at points put up over actual yards. The first drive was carried by penalties (two 15 yarders) and the next 10 points came when our defense was pinned inside the 20 twice BECAUSE OF our offensive line. The amount of yards actually given up when we were down 17-0 was minimal.
You honestly think the defense played a gecent game? How can you all be arguing anything from this game other than the entire team sucked? Every player on the 53 had a bad game, seemingly a staple once per season in the Mike Zimmer era. It was worse than the game in SF a few years ago in week 1.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Also, who committed the two 15 yard penalties? The defense. Therefore, they allowed those yards.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Actually no. We gave up 44 yards rushing in the second half and 28 yards passing.

Allens passes in the second half went for 6, 4 17 and 1 yards.
Rushing attempts went 6,5,5,4,1,2,5,4,7,2,-5,4,2,1,1.

Pretty sure that doesn't add up to 128.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Rick proved to me, once again, that he was wrong. You cant try and plug cheap Line pieces into an Oline and expect it to work. Rick is too cheap to spend the money needed to get a decent line on the OFFENSIVE side of the ball. Does do any good at all to have a great (and I dont think ours is a great D now, but it is a good one). Ever since Rick came to town we have had a good line. Its one of his weaknesses, along with WR,s (Diggs and Theilen were freaks and pure luck).

Iimagaine in a few weeks Vikes wont even be a #5 D. Im guessing we will be down around a #10. When a rookie like Rosen had more time then a Vet QB, somethings wrong.

Cousins looked bad. Thats what happens when your GM doesnt spend the money to protect the billion dollar man. Im so glad we got Hughes and Oneil to help us this year. (Hughes is considered a god by people like PHP for having his man fall down and getting a pick 6, or having bad coverage the opponents throw the ball way to long, giving time for Hughes to knock it away).

Bottom line: For what seems like 20 years the Vikings havent wanted to put money in a oline. Its only going to get worse, as Oline's value increases. 2nd: Out d is NOT as good as some on here like to think and points out all the time. Like its set in stone. IT is a good D, but too many problems to be near great. Giving up first half points is bad. Not stopping a drive inside the 30.

I dont want to talk about Turnovers. Im just out of breath at the play of this team this year.