Game Day Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Game Day Thread

Post by Cliff »

I've had a few questions about where the game day thread is and the answer is that it no longer exists. Follow this link to join game day chat instead.

Game Day Chat.
Raz
Veteran

Re: Game Day Thread

Post by Raz »

Maybe I'm alone but I really don't care for the chat deal my old I pad struggles and it's difficult to look back .
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Raz wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:40 pm Maybe I'm alone but I really don't care for the chat deal my old I pad struggles and it's difficult to look back .
I agree. I like the threads better. You can also type longer messages.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

I gave up trying to post to game chat. My old iPhone takes 4 minutes to type a sentence in it. Much prefer the old game day threads.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Cliff, can we do the thread next week and see how it goes? Or take a vote? I'm guessing we aren't the only three who prefer the threads.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I'm willing to take another vote and change it back. We have done that though viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31892&hilit=Chat

You can actually read back pretty easily by going to the "archive" section.

I'll also see if I can find a way to make it work better on older devices.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Cliff wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:20 am I'm willing to take another vote and change it back. We have done that though viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31892&hilit=Chat

I'm just curious if people will change their minds now that we have a few week under our belt.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Raz wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:40 pm Maybe I'm alone but I really don't care for the chat deal my old I pad struggles and it's difficult to look back .
You're not alone as you can see! One thing you might try is reading through the archives if you want to look back. Additionally, if you scroll up the chat window rather it should stop moving it and allow you to read.

mchat/archive
ERIK the PURPLE wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:06 am I gave up trying to post to game chat. My old iPhone takes 4 minutes to type a sentence in it. Much prefer the old game day threads.
I notice a little bit of lag trying to type too. It mostly happens when I turn off my device to watch the game and then go back to chat. It tends to scroll through a bunch at once. Right now I've got it set to reload text every minute.

Also, have you tried the actual chat page? It works a bit better than just going to our main page. mchat
PurpleMustReign wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:21 am
Cliff wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:20 am I'm willing to take another vote and change it back. We have done that though viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31892&hilit=Chat

I'm just curious if people will change their minds now that we have a few week under our belt.
I checked again after the first game or two and it was still pretty unanimous. As much as you guys don't like the chat some people feel the same about the thread.

I'm going to see if I can find some ways to make the chat work better in general. In the meanwhile, make sure you're using the main "chat" page during game days. It should work better.

I'll leave the discussion open as well. If people want to move back to a thread we certainly can.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Thanks cliff. I will try the main page next game.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

My, admittedly very old iPad, absolutely crawls on the chat. Doesn't really matter what browser (tried Chrome, Firefox, and Safari). My phone, which is pretty new and running Android 9.0 has no issues. I'll try the mchat this week and report back.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

I like the chat, but I do see a lot of scrolling when I switch to another App, then back to the browser. At points it's quicker to reload the whole page.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Thaumaturgist wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:46 pm I like the chat, but I do see a lot of scrolling when I switch to another App, then back to the browser. At points it's quicker to reload the whole page.
I've noticed that too. The chat window tries to catch up with everything you've missed since then and if there's a lot of conversation that can be a lot. I'm going to see if I can fix that but it's difficult without having enough people on to really test.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I still noticed issues on mobile. I've made some changes for the coming week's game. Sorry for the issues, everyone. It's a new feature so that kind of stuff happens, I suppose.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Cliff wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:57 am I still noticed issues on mobile. I've made some changes for the coming week's game. Sorry for the issues, everyone. It's a new feature so that kind of stuff happens, I suppose.
Thanks for your work, Cliff.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Seemed like the chat went a bit better last week. Towards the end I started picking up some lag but overall I thought it was better.

Opinions?