Viking QB Options 2018: Tracker

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Viking QB Options 2018: Tracker

Post by PacificNorseWest »

The only gripe so far with Cousins is his fumbling, so holding onto the ball too much and not feeling the pressure when he's in the pocket. Other than that dud in Buffalo, he's been great. You also have to remember that it generally takes a while for an offense with a new QB to get ramped up and if the Vikings ramp up from here, the sky is seriously the limit.

I feel confident if the Vikings find themselves in a shootout and haven't felt that way since '09. I think Kirk is the real deal. And keep in mind, he's doing this without the running game showing up yet. I'm taking the optimistic route on this topic. I'm excited to see where he takes this offense/team.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:03 pm The only gripe so far with Cousins is his fumbling, so holding onto the ball too much and not feeling the pressure when he's in the pocket. Other than that dud in Buffalo, he's been great. You also have to remember that it generally takes a while for an offense with a new QB to get ramped up and if the Vikings ramp up from here, the sky is seriously the limit.

I feel confident if the Vikings find themselves in a shootout and haven't felt that way since '09. I think Kirk is the real deal. And keep in mind, he's doing this without the running game showing up yet. I'm taking the optimistic route on this topic. I'm excited to see where he takes this offense/team.
great point about the running game. the dude has just under 1700 yards, 11 td's and only 2 picks this year. playing behind a lousy o-line and a non-existent run game. my only concern is if he can keep this up for the 3 months...
i'm ready for a beer.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

vikeinmontana wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:01 pm great point about the running game. the dude has just under 1700 yards, 11 td's and only 2 picks this year. playing behind a lousy o-line and a non-existent run game. my only concern is if he can keep this up for the 3 months...
The OL has not been bad in pass protection in my opinion. They have been respectable, and nearly all the disastrous plays have been squarely on Kirk not stepping into the void. When you drop back to pass 50 times a game, its hard to keep a DL at zero pressure. The running game has not been good, although Murray's plodding, meandering attempts to find a hole and get going contribute to that as well. I'd really like to see Boone and Thomas get the lions share of the action until Cook is fully healed. Murray is just a dud unless he gets going North South immediately and finds a gaping hole.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Case Keenum has now had an INT in every game with the Broncos. FYI
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

mansquatch wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:17 am Case Keenum has now had an INT in every game with the Broncos. FYI
Ive watched a lot of the games Case has played in and Keenum has been very inaccurate
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

mansquatch wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:17 am Case Keenum has now had an INT in every game with the Broncos. FYI
And that trends continues.............
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966