Vikings vs. Bills Pregame Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Vikings vs. Bills Pregame Thread

Post by Cliff »

EAGAN, Minn. — After a weird, wild and wacky tie against the Packers on Sunday, the Vikings now turn their attention to their first interconference game of the 2018 season.

Minnesota will host Buffalo on Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium. Kickoff is at noon (CT).

The Vikings staged a furious rally at the end of regulation against Green Bay but neither team could score in overtime as the game ended in a 29-29 tie.

Minnesota is now 1-0-1 on the season as it prepares to welcome winless Buffalo to town.
Read more
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Vikings vs. Bill's Pregame Thread

Post by Cliff »

Should be a win but these kinds of games make me nervous!
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

This is a classic "Trap Game" especially with TNF in LA looming against the current NFC media darling Rams. Zimmer seems to do a decent job of keeping his squad focused for games like this though. The "egg laying" games have usually been against more quality opposition.

Heck as fan this is an easy one to overlook. The TNF game is by FAR the more intriguing match up.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

mansquatch wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:01 am This is a classic "Trap Game" especially with TNF in LA looming against the current NFC media darling Rams. Zimmer seems to do a decent job of keeping his squad focused for games like this though. The "egg laying" games have usually been against more quality opposition.

Heck as fan this is an easy one to overlook. The TNF game is by FAR the more intriguing match up.
And McVey has a bit of experience with Kirk. Didn't help last year though as the Skins got most of their rushing yards last season in that one game. As good as their D line is, you can run downhill on them. They added Suh this year, right? So who knows.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Vikings vs. Bills Pregame Thread

Post by dead_poet »

@eric_j_thompson
Through two games, the #Bills are allowing scores on 50% of opponents' drives and forcing turnovers on on 3.8% of opponents' drives. Both are league worst.

They have also scored the second fewest points and are tied for the most points allowed.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:43 pm
For the life of me I don't know why people keep hiring Leslie Frasier. He is a worthless coach and his schemes are so outdated.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
raddmann
Backup

Post by raddmann »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:18 pm For the life of me I don't know why people keep hiring Leslie Frasier. He is a worthless coach and his schemes are so outdated.
Ditto for Norv Turner.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

"Any given Sunday." Vikings should win this. I don't even care if it's ugly because they're playing down or looking ahead...Just win.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Vegas seems to think the Vikings will win. When was the last time the Vikings were favored by 16?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

808vikingsfan wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:17 pm Vegas seems to think the Vikings will win. When was the last time the Vikings were favored by 16?
I don't know...I don't want to. They probably lost. :lol:
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Purple Post
‏@Purple_Post
Follow Follow @Purple_Post
More
Jim Nantz and Tony Romo will be on call Sunday for the #Vikings/Bills matchup.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Kind of think they should sit Diggs, Cousins and Cook for this one. I don't remember a game that looked this easy on paper.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:47 pm Kind of think they should sit Diggs, Cousins and Cook for this one. I don't remember a game that looked this easy on paper.

No way, man. If they want to sit then they need to jump out quick and be up by 30+ heading into the 4th quarter.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

808vikingsfan wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:35 pm
Good for us...sucks for them. :lol:
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

The only way I see all the first-stringers sitting out is if we have a score of at least 35+ going late into the third.

I'm not a betting man though, but with how depleted and limp Buffalo's defense is, Cousins should have no problems having a career day against them. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I'm predicting a 450 yard, 5 TD day for Capt. Kirk on route to a 16-44 win. That's my best case scenario. Worst case we still win but 23-28.

Maybe I'm drinking the purple kool-aid but that's my prediction. :lol: