Vikings vs. Bills Pregame Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Vikings vs. Bills Pregame Thread

Post by PacificNorseWest »

If this game was in Buffalo and/or later in the season, I think it would be a tougher matchup. Not right now though. Vikings should roll.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Is anyone on here going to this game? This is the game we picked to come to this year. Plus for my bachelor party we’re coming to watch Vikings saints on Sunday night. I’ll be flying out of cuse this Saturday. Let me know I’d like to meet up with some guys if I can.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:25 pm I don't know...I don't want to. They probably lost. :lol:
Odds are in the Vikings favor.

Sure glad the Vikings have a new FG kicker. Imagine losing this game with a missed FG.
Mike Rodak

@mikerodak
From @ESPNStatsInfo on Bills’ 16.5-point spread at Vikings:

+ Earliest 16.5+ spread in a season since Week 3 of 2013 (SEA vs. JAX)

+ Teams favored by 16.5+ have won 33 straight. Last loss was 1995, DAL (17.5) vs. WAS

+ In SB era, favorites have been 164-15-1 with 16.5+ spreads

6:57 AM - Sep 17, 2018
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:29 pm Is anyone on here going to this game? This is the game we picked to come to this year. Plus for my bachelor party we’re coming to watch Vikings saints on Sunday night. I’ll be flying out of cuse this Saturday. Let me know I’d like to meet up with some guys if I can.
My wife and I are going. She’s a big Bills fan. Our seats are right in front of the doors, section 138. I’ll be wearing my #75 Millard jersey.
There’s a bar right in front of that section (great seats), I’ll hang out there right before the game for a bit or you can track me down in row 38 ( I believe) seats 20 and 21.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 pm The only way I see all the first-stringers sitting out is if we have a score of at least 35+ going late into the third.

I'm not a betting man though, but with how depleted and limp Buffalo's defense is, Cousins should have no problems having a career day against them. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I'm predicting a 450 yard, 5 TD day for Capt. Kirk on route to a 16-44 win. That's my best case scenario. Worst case we still win but 23-28.

Maybe I'm drinking the purple kool-aid but that's my prediction. :lol:
I will be very disappointing in the defense if they give up 16 unless those points come off of trick plays,STs, or in garbage time.

Buffalo's offense is really, really bad.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dkoby wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:17 am My wife and I are going. She’s a big Bills fan. Our seats are right in front of the doors, section 138. I’ll be wearing my #75 Millard jersey.
There’s a bar right in front of that section (great seats), I’ll hang out there right before the game for a bit or you can track me down in row 38 ( I believe) seats 20 and 21.
Millard. How good would he have been.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 pm The only way I see all the first-stringers sitting out is if we have a score of at least 35+ going late into the third.

I'm not a betting man though, but with how depleted and limp Buffalo's defense is, Cousins should have no problems having a career day against them. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I'm predicting a 450 yard, 5 TD day for Capt. Kirk on route to a 16-44 win. That's my best case scenario. Worst case we still win but 23-28.

Maybe I'm drinking the purple kool-aid but that's my prediction. :lol:
If you're drinking the koolaid, then I must be tossing back the concentrated version.

Cuz' if Buffalo, with an inaccurate rookie quarterback, puts up 16 against us at U.S. Bank, I'll be a little worried about our defense. The Bills only averaged 18 ppg last year, when they actually made the playoffs.

34-6. No TDs for Buffalo. We go up 21-0 at halftime and dial back the offense (ugh).
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Minnesota enters with a 1-0-1 record while the Bills are winless at 0-2. But don’t expect the Vikings to just be able to march into U.S. Bank Stadium and coast to a win.

“It’s not like college football; you can never look past an opponent,” said Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph. “The Bills are a talented team, and sometimes I feel like the most dangerous teams are the ones with their backs against the wall. Certainly when you start off 0-2, you have that mentality.

“It’s important for us to focus on the message we’ve been stressing all week, and that’s to focus on details,” Rudolph added. “For us as an offense, it’s getting lined up right, being on point with our motions and shifts, making sure no stone is left unturned at walk-throughs and practices. We have to be on-point with everything we do this week in order to get a win on Sunday.”

The Vikings play the Bills once every four years based on the divisional rotation of the schedule.

Because Buffalo is an unfamiliar opponent and doesn’t want to fall to 0-3, the Vikings expect the Bills best on Sunday.

“They’ve had some adversity, and usually teams kind of gain ground from adversity and kind of stick together and fight more than they’ve ever fought,” said Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen. “Every game is going to be difficult. It doesn’t matter the records. They’re all professional football players. We’re going to have our work cut out for us and play good football.”

NOTEBOOK: Vikings Staying Focused on ‘Dangerous’ Bills
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

T.V. map is up. Tgis is the first game not being shown live where I live. :wallbang:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Both Cook and Griffen ruled out for Sunday. wtf, man?

Better be a rest day because they play Buffalo.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:55 pm Both Cook and Griffen ruled out for Sunday. wtf, man?

Better be a rest day because they play Buffalo.
Maybe it's a game they think they can win without risking their health further?
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

No trap game here. The Bills are the 2nd worse team in football and they are coming to our house where we are pretty good at protecting with our defense and the bills destracted offense, depleted line, and inaccurate quarterback. I expect a 45-10 victory.
Trkn10
Practice Squad

Post by Trkn10 »

FullWood wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:02 pm No trap game here. The Bills are the 2nd worse team in football and they are coming to our house where we are pretty good at protecting with our defense and the bills destracted offense, depleted line, and inaccurate quarterback. I expect a 45-10 victory.
Do you want to reconsider your comments? It sounds like you were describing us.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Trkn10 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:55 pm Do you want to reconsider your comments? It sounds like you were describing us.
I fully reconsider my comments. I wasnt intentionally describing us. smh