Tom Johnson is back

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Tom Johnson is back

Post by Maelstrom88 »

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/9/18 ... om-johnson

Always great to add quality depth to the d-line.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
MWNANCe
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Tom Johnson is back

Post by MWNANCe »

Does anyone know who we waived for Johnson.

I know kicker for the rcvr
cooley for the kicker.
Who for Johnson?
I believe..
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

MWNANCe wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:08 am Does anyone know who we waived for Johnson.

I know kicker for the rcvr
cooley for the kicker.
Who for Johnson?
Perry.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

This is a good move for the Vikings. A really unheralded one, too. Johnson left for more $$$. Not sure why it didn't work out for him in Seattle, but Johnson is not only an established vet, he's also a guy who has experience playing within the Vikings scheme and chemistry with the other defensive linemen.

Glad he's back - he makes an already solid and deep defensive line more solid and deeper.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

How much does Seattle hate us? :rofl:
mael·strom

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

VikingLord wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:49 am This is a good move for the Vikings. A really unheralded one, too. Johnson left for more $$$. Not sure why it didn't work out for him in Seattle, but Johnson is not only an established vet, he's also a guy who has experience playing within the Vikings scheme and chemistry with the other defensive linemen.

Glad he's back - he makes an already solid and deep defensive line more solid and deeper.
My understanding is Seattle thought he would sign right back. They had to make the move because if injuries. Instead we snatched him lol.
mael·strom

Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Ladies and Gents, Sebastian Thunderbucket rides again!!!

Once again the Vikings slaughter the Seahawks with poison pill situations and outmaneuvering them in free agency. Well played Brzezinski and Spielman.

It's amazing to see such a change that people are willing to backstab their own team just to join Minnesots it seems. Who ever could have thought of us as a "Go-to" team.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Yeah, Seattle was hurting bad at LB and needed to make a move to last through the game on Monday, so they had to cut Tom to make room for Mychal Kendricks -- who won't even be with them all season. Sounded like they really didn't want to and were hoping to sign him back this week if the injury situation got better, but the Vikings swooped in. Pretty sure Seattle has to pay most of his salary too since he was cut after week 1, but not sure how that works. Either way...Point, to the Vikings.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

How do wee keep signing players? Jones, Bailey, Johnson. Where's the cap sitting at right now?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:46 pm Ladies and Gents, Sebastian Thunderbucket rides again!!!

Once again the Vikings slaughter the Seahawks with poison pill situations and outmaneuvering them in free agency. Well played Brzezinski and Spielman.

It's amazing to see such a change that people are willing to backstab their own team just to join Minnesots it seems. Who ever could have thought of us as a "Go-to" team.
If you build it....

I had to google it. There is such a place as Sleepy Eye Minnesota.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

808vikingsfan wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:19 pm How do wee keep signing players? Jones, Bailey, Johnson. Where's the cap sitting at right now?
They had $10 MIL free from last I remember and I'd like to know the specifics of how Johnson's contract is paid since he was cut from Seattle after week 1 with his contract already being guaranteed at that point.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

808vikingsfan wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:21 pm If you build it....

I had to google it. There is such a place as Sleepy Eye Minnesota.
Oh yeah it exists. :lol:

Not to derail the thread, but it's 13 miles West of New Ulm and about an hour away from Hutchinson and Mankato respectively. It's a smaller town but it does have lots of interesting history. Did you know the Native American chief the city is named after was one of the original signatories of the Traverse-des-Souix and met James Monroe? He also helped settlers found Mankato by giving them advice on where to settle. Ish-tak-ha-ba is a super interesting guy.

Back to your regularly scheduled program. :lol:
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

808vikingsfan wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:19 pm How do wee keep signing players? Jones, Bailey, Johnson. Where's the cap sitting at right now?
Because Rob Brzezinski is a cap GOD.

According to OTC, we're now about $3 Million over the cap. If we wanted to make another splash signing this season, we have just enough room to do so.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Good, cause I think they should trade for an Olineman. There's a few really bad teams out there that with a few more losses will be done for this season and willing to part ways. Get a guy in here to learn the playbook in plenty of time. Trade deadline is around week 9, so that would be an ideal time to get a new body on the team.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

The main concern is where the cap will be next year. But, if Had to bet my druthers, if it works out well, I could see then redoing Cousins contract next March, moving his salary into a signing bonus, adding a few years and lowering the overall cap hit by $10 million or so.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966