George Iloka

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

George Iloka

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Where has Mr. iloka been? Has he played yet? I thought he was supposed to help Zimmer create all of these exotic looks and make our defense even better?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: George Iloka

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:38 am Where has Mr. iloka been? Has he played yet? I thought he was supposed to help Zimmer create all of these exotic looks and make our defense even better?
He's played some but needs to get more familiar with the defense. He said like 60-70% or something was similar but Zimmer isn't going to put him out there unless he knows what he's doing. Plus, Sendejo is probably better right now, to his credit.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

dead_poet wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:44 am He's played some but needs to get more familiar with the defense. He said like 60-70% or something was similar but Zimmer isn't going to put him out there unless he knows what he's doing. Plus, Sendejo is probably better right now, to his credit.
I think it was 85%. They seem to be giving his role to Kearse, who had a horrible missed tackle early in the game. I expect he eventually will get some looks later in the year.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

The fact that he hasn't seen much playing time yet isn't really surprising. With the exception of Hughes, everyone else in the Secondary has 3+ years of experience in this Defense with this group of personnel and coaches. Iloka, while having lots of past history with Zimmer just doesn't have the same time with this unit that even the backups have. If anything, the fact they haven't needed him out there is a testament to the depth we have in the secondary.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi