Good game Viking fans

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

packerbacker
Practice Squad

Good game Viking fans

Post by packerbacker »

Hard fought battle in Lambeau. Always tough playing you guys. Anyways nobody won or lost so nobody can brag. Best wishes on the rest of your season. I admit it would have hurt slot had we lost to you guys. I hope your team can stay healthy and I know no true Vike fan wishes injury on Rodgers either. Take care and here is to another battle in November.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Good game Viking fans

Post by PurpleMustReign »

packerbacker wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:54 pm Hard fought battle in Lambeau. Always tough playing you guys. Anyways nobody won or lost so nobody can brag. Best wishes on the rest of your season. I admit it would have hurt slot had we lost to you guys. I hope your team can stay healthy and I know no true Vike fan wishes injury on Rodgers either. Take care and here is to another battle in November.
You too. It was a very entertaining game. I still can't believe it ended in a tie
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Thanks, you too! This division is shaping up to be a dog fight now that the Bears have Mack.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:48 pm Thanks, you too! This division is shaping up to be a dog fight now that the Bears have Mack.
I guess I don't really understand this. It's the Bears offense that will cost them a shot at the playoffs. And as far as Mack goes, in Oakland he had a QB most guys here at VMB thought of (in the comparison to Teddy) as elite, often times the best offensive line in the AFC, and a good receiver or two. And they averaged about 7 wins per season over Mack's career. He's a good player, but IMHO he's not the difference between a six win team and a ten win team.

Especially when the Bears have a coaching staff that has 3rd and 1 in the red zone with a chance to ice the game against the Pack late in the 4th quarter with a first down, and they don't run Howard twice to pick it up and run out the clock. Incompletion, FG to go up six (which is just incentive for Rodgers to get the TD rather than the FG) and leave buckets of time on the clock. That type of coaching will cost the more than one game this season - that's my prediction.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Bears are a long long way off. That offense stinks. Granted, they will play the Vikings close. Black and blue division, after all.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I worry about Mack destroying our oline. They are going to have to give the Tackle blocking him help unless it's a 3 step drop imo.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

John_Viveiros wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:50 am I guess I don't really understand this. It's the Bears offense that will cost them a shot at the playoffs. And as far as Mack goes, in Oakland he had a QB most guys here at VMB thought of (in the comparison to Teddy) as elite, often times the best offensive line in the AFC, and a good receiver or two. And they averaged about 7 wins per season over Mack's career. He's a good player, but IMHO he's not the difference between a six win team and a ten win team.

Especially when the Bears have a coaching staff that has 3rd and 1 in the red zone with a chance to ice the game against the Pack late in the 4th quarter with a first down, and they don't run Howard twice to pick it up and run out the clock. Incompletion, FG to go up six (which is just incentive for Rodgers to get the TD rather than the FG) and leave buckets of time on the clock. That type of coaching will cost the more than one game this season - that's my prediction.
I agree. I think the Lions will end up with a better record than the Bears. Like Goff with the Rams, Trubisky will be a crutch for the Bears.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:14 am I worry about Mack destroying our oline. They are going to have to give the Tackle blocking him help unless it's a 3 step drop imo.
I couldn't have said that any better. Mack vs our O line scares the living crap outta me! That man is an absolute game wrecker!
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

packerbacker wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:54 pm Hard fought battle in Lambeau. Always tough playing you guys. Anyways nobody won or lost so nobody can brag. Best wishes on the rest of your season. I admit it would have hurt slot had we lost to you guys. I hope your team can stay healthy and I know no true Vike fan wishes injury on Rodgers either. Take care and here is to another battle in November.
Classy post packerbacker! Always appreciate it when fans of opposing teams come in peace and with respect. Same back at you and the Packers.

I'm curious what Rodgers and Barr said to each other when they talked. Rodgers looked like he was smiling, while Barr looked kind of serious. Also, did you see what Zimmer said about Rodgers at his presser? Super funny. After the game, Zimmer walked up to Rodgers and told him something along the lines of he's a great **** player, and then rhetorically asked why the Packers don't trade him (with a smile on his face).

Good to see when opponents have mutual respect for each other like that. Definitely looking forward to the rematch.
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

I was at Lambeau with my 15-year-old son for the second year in a row. We were sitting on the Packers side of the field on the 50 yard line (I mention that only because we were mostly among Packers fans -- the Vikings side of the field had a significantly higher percentage of Vikings fans). I was wearing a Cris Carter jersey and my son was sporting an Adam Thielen jersey. I didn't have a single negative experience with a single Packers fan. Everyone was friendly and respectful and the experience has been nothing but positive. Quite the opposite of going to a game in Philly.

Although I live in Chicago, I am a Vikings season ticket holder. We treat opposing fans around us with respect and friendliness, and I hope all Vikings fans do the same.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

ChicagoViking wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:57 pm I was at Lambeau with my 15-year-old son for the second year in a row. We were sitting on the Packers side of the field on the 50 yard line (I mention that only because we were mostly among Packers fans -- the Vikings side of the field had a significantly higher percentage of Vikings fans). I was wearing a Cris Carter jersey and my son was sporting an Adam Thielen jersey. I didn't have a single negative experience with a single Packers fan. Everyone was friendly and respectful and the experience has been nothing but positive. Quite the opposite of going to a game in Philly.

This is great to hear. I had a bad experience in Seattle with negative fans, but they're all schmucks anyway.

Lambeu is on my bucket list.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

ChicagoViking wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:57 pm I was at Lambeau with my 15-year-old son for the second year in a row. We were sitting on the Packers side of the field on the 50 yard line (I mention that only because we were mostly among Packers fans -- the Vikings side of the field had a significantly higher percentage of Vikings fans). I was wearing a Cris Carter jersey and my son was sporting an Adam Thielen jersey. I didn't have a single negative experience with a single Packers fan. Everyone was friendly and respectful and the experience has been nothing but positive. Quite the opposite of going to a game in Philly.

Although I live in Chicago, I am a Vikings season ticket holder. We treat opposing fans around us with respect and friendliness, and I hope all Vikings fans do the same.
What cracks me up is I'm pretty sure my brother and I sat at a booth near your table at Manny's Steakhouse after the New Orleans game in January. Y'all were the ones that started the SKOL chant, IIRC. Cool post. We had a great back and forth with Saints fans that day. Respectful, always.
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

Texas Vike wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:34 pmWhat cracks me up is I'm pretty sure my brother and I sat at a booth near your table at Manny's Steakhouse after the New Orleans game in January. Y'all were the ones that started the SKOL chant, IIRC. Cool post. We had a great back and forth with Saints fans that day. Respectful, always.
LOL. You are correct, my friend!!