The Kicker...AGAIN! *Update* Vikings Just signed Bailey

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Re: The Kicker...AGAIN! *Update* Vikings Just signed Bailey

Post by Crax »

dead_poet wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:42 pm Guys...what happens if/when Bailey misses a kick?

:gone:

The dude has no margin for error.
One kick? Not much. As long as it's not the very first one :lol:

It's the pattern. Guys miss, but people can live with 2/3 on a given game day. Packers missed one kick, but their kicker was 5/6 on FGs and really 6/7 if you include the timeout kick and his miss was from over 50 yards. We were all under 50 and the last one was essentially an XP.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

dead_poet wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:42 pm Guys...what happens if/when Bailey misses a kick?

:gone:

The dude has no margin for error.
Depends on how far out it is :point:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Wow. Dan Bailey apparently turned down four offers before signing with the Vikings.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:50 pm What game? I don't see a win or loss in our record. We must play tonight.
I'd be happy if they got rid of ties. I just don't know how to feel. Feels like a loss, but not really
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
raddmann
Backup

Post by raddmann »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:51 pm Bailey apparently told the Browns no lmao :slice:
Even the waterboy would turn down the Browns
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

808vikingsfan wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:13 pm I'd be happy if they got rid of ties. I just don't know how to feel. Feels like a loss, but not really
Me too. Although I feel like a tie at Lambeau is more of a loss for the Packers than us. We deserved to win that game though.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

The sad thing is, the browns signed K Greg Joseph. He was an UDFA out of Florida Atlantic and was 69% playing in conference USA :lol:

Like are you kidding me?? You just lost two games because of your kicker and you have guys out there like Forbath, Santos, Catanzaro, etc and you sign this dude?! You could’ve started 2-0 and beat the Steelers and saints no less and you sign a guy that was horrid in college? I truly couldn’t imagine being a fan of that team. How in any way does that signing seem logical?
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:17 pm The sad thing is, the browns signed K Greg Joseph. He was an UDFA out of Florida Atlantic and was 69% playing in conference USA :lol:

Like are you kidding me?? You just lost two games because of your kicker and you have guys out there like Forbath, Santos, Catanzaro, etc and you sign this dude?! You could’ve started 2-0 and beat the Steelers and saints no less and you sign a guy that was horrid in college? I truly couldn’t imagine being a fan of that team. How in any way does that signing seem logical?
If you're the Browns, any move you make is the wrong one. If you make the wrongiest one, it could turn out to be the right one.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:35 pm If you're the Browns, any move you make is the wrong one. If you make the wrongiest one, it could turn out to be the right one.
They have a good team. I don't understand this kicker signing though.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:35 pm If you're the Browns, any move you make is the wrong one. If you make the wrongiest one, it could turn out to be the right one.
Watch , In 5 years , the Browns will be the cream in the AFC and the patriots will be at the bottom

Eh, maybe not

Anyone know how much the Vikings are paying this kicker? I heard he was asking for a lot.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:17 pm The sad thing is, the browns signed K Greg Joseph. He was an UDFA out of Florida Atlantic and was 69% playing in conference USA :lol:

We traded up to draft a kicker who was inaccurate in college
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

YikesVikes wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:29 amWe traded up to draft a kicker who was inaccurate in college
Umm. Really? Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Carlson was 198-198 (100%) on XPs in his college career and 92-114 on FGs (80.7%) (his percentage is No. 5 all time in SEC history). He was a 3-time Lou Groza award finalist, is the SEC's all time leading scorer, is second all-time nationally among kickers, and was top 10 in the country in touch-back percentage. The gamble didn't pay off, but I don't think it was a terrible gamble.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

ChicagoViking wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:43 am Umm. Really? Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Carlson was 198-198 (100%) on XPs in his college career and 92-114 on FGs (80.7%) (his percentage is No. 5 all time in SEC history). He was a 3-time Lou Groza award finalist, is the SEC's all time leading scorer, is second all-time nationally among kickers, and was top 10 in the country in touch-back percentage. The gamble didn't pay off, but I don't think it was a terrible gamble.
Lol. What was his senior year percentage? All those accolades and a 74% FG percentage in 2017. He was 8th in the Sec his senior year. I'm too lazy to look up where that would put him in the NCAA but I wager somewhere between 15 and 30th in the NCAA. It's the same bell curve we saw with Walsh. A peak in the Soph and Junior years and a telling fall from grace in their senior year. So, no, trading up to draft him was head scratching at the draft and foolish given his fall from grace 2 weeks into the season.
TheCoolerOne
Transition Player

Post by TheCoolerOne »

YikesVikes wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:59 am Lol. What was his senior year percentage? All those accolades and a 74% FG percentage in 2017. He was 8th in the Sec his senior year. I'm too lazy to look up where that would put him in the NCAA but I wager somewhere between 15 and 30th in the NCAA. It's the same bell curve we saw with Walsh. A peak in the Soph and Junior years and a telling fall from grace in their senior year. So, no, trading up to draft him was head scratching at the draft and foolish given his fall from grace 2 weeks into the season.
Well, Auburn had 3 blocked kicks in 2017. Two against Texas A&M, and one against UGA. They had some special teams issues late in the season. Tack those three back on, or remove them from the overall attempts, and you're looking at 82-83% depending on which way you lean.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

808vikingsfan wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:44 am Watch , In 5 years , the Browns will be the cream in the AFC and the patriots will be at the bottom

Eh, maybe not

Anyone know how much the Vikings are paying this kicker? I heard he was asking for a lot.
I will agree with part of that though. The Patriots will be at the bottom IMO. Especially when Belichik leaves. Their team really isnt all that good. It's just excellent coaching and a great QB. But after Bill goes and Brady goes, woof. They have nothing behind Brady because Brady and Kraft pushed Jimmy G out. Their skill position players are simply "good" because of Tom Brady and Belichik. Outside of Gronk, who IMO is also on the verge of retirement. That division might make me throw up when the dynasty is done in NE. :puke:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri