Vikings Vs. Packers Postgame Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings Vs. Packers Postgame Thread

Post by VikingLord »

raddmann wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:49 pm I think he is the greatest WR to come into the league since Moss.

Happy now ?
No, because my point is, there was almost zero evidence Troy Williamson could be an impact WR at the pro level, much less worthy of a high first round pick. And if they did discover he had an eye problem when he was a pro, they certainly didn't manage to fix that.

The fact is, Williamson's problem wasn't with his eyes - it was with his coordination, or lack thereof. All the straight line speed in the world won't help someone who can't time a ball into his hands.

And as far as fighting Brad Childress goes, everyone pretty much wanted to fight Childress towards the end. I don't hold that against Williamson at all.
raddmann
Backup

Post by raddmann »

VikingLord wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:56 pm No, because my point is, there was almost zero evidence Troy Williamson could be an impact WR at the pro level, much less worthy of a high first round pick. And if they did discover he had an eye problem when he was a pro, they certainly didn't manage to fix that.

The fact is, Williamson's problem wasn't with his eyes - it was with his coordination, or lack thereof. All the straight line speed in the world won't help someone who can't time a ball into his hands.

And as far as fighting Brad Childress goes, everyone pretty much wanted to fight Childress towards the end. I don't hold that against Williamson at all.
I agree with you on Williamson besides speed he didn't have much else. I read an article yesterday about how the Vikes brought in an eye doctor and he determined there was a depth perception problem. I don't have the link but you could find it easily on google like I did. But yeah he had some other probs too. He didn't really have that many receptions in college and if I remember right ( I probably don't) he was on a team that ran 80 perecent of the time so I'd guess a lot of his catches occured when the opponent was in a run defense which makes it easier to pass due to the element of surprise. The other 'can't miss' wr taken one pick above Troy ended up being an even bigger bust.

The reason I posted about him wanting to fight Childress was because I loved the guy for it. I wanted to fight him too !
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

raddmann wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:10 am The reason I posted about him wanting to fight Childress was because I loved the guy for it. I wanted to fight him too !
I did too... :thumbsup:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mike Zimmer said on KFAN's "X's and O's" that safety Andrew Sendejo was told by an official at Green Bay that he was flagged for unnecessary roughness even though his form and delivery was correct by rules standards. "He (Sendejo) said, ‘What could I have done different?'" Zimmer said on KFAN. "He (the official) said ‘You did everything right. You couldn't have done anything different. They just want us to throw the flag.'" Zimmer said he placed a call to the league office to review the incident. Video replay of the hit shows Sendejo appearing to lead with his right shoulder on an open field tackle of Devante Adams after cornerback Xavier Rhodes had made initial contact with the receiver.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:09 pm
If this is true, this could be another black eye on the league. This borders on "fixed" games because an official could easily throw a flag on something and claim the same thing. The NFL is going rapidly downhill. I said it years ago, Roger Goodell will ruin the league if no one stops him. He's probably a third of the way there.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:13 pm I said it years ago, Roger Goodell will ruin the league if no one stops him. He's probably a third of the way there.
You and...everybody...The issue is that the league is still making millions upon millions. The collective bargaining in 2020 is the game changer. That will seal the fate of the NFL one way or the other. And to be honest, I hope the Vikings win the SB before then because the NFL may never feel the same ever ever again.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

PacificNorseWest wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:05 am You and...everybody...The issue is that the league is still making millions upon millions. The collective bargaining in 2020 is the game changer. That will seal the fate of the NFL one way or the other. And to be honest, I hope the Vikings win the SB before then because the NFL may never feel the same ever ever again.
Yeah but I get a weird feeling that the league is hanging by a thread... Like something big will happen soon like a ton of sponsors will leave or a long strike. I just have an uneasy feeling about the NFL for the next few years.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:13 pm If this is true, this could be another black eye on the league. This borders on "fixed" games because an official could easily throw a flag on something and claim the same thing. The NFL is going rapidly downhill. I said it years ago, Roger Goodell will ruin the league if no one stops him. He's probably a third of the way there.
Yep. I've been saying this from day 1 of the new rule. Fixing will basically be legal.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

808vikingsfan wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:34 am Yep. I've been saying this from day 1 of the new rule. Fixing will basically be legal.
Idk. A lot of this season seems so scripted so far. Rodgers getting "hurt" and triumphantly returning... Weird penalties being called and not explained... Tom Brady with the usual drama in New England, but different this season because I remember hearing about how this could be Bellichecks last season... It's weird.