Compton has to go

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Compton has to go

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:56 pm What? We were saying that Compton wasn’t great by any means but was facing one of the better up and coming interior players out there. You said he was never a pass rusher. That was proved to be false with the stats showed. Arguments pretty much over there. Nobody is praising Compton. He had a tough matchup. And I know you, me and everyone else on this board has probably only seen/focused on Compton in one legit game and he wasn’t all that great. He also faced Buckner often. Before we jump the gun after one game, let’s see how a few more play out
It was never an argument. Bucker in his NFL career was not an elite pass rusher. There is a difference between being disruptive and being a pass rusher. Buckner is disruptive and Compton gave up 2.5 sacks. That's not having trouble. That's getting your butt kicked. So he had trouble with a guy that is up and coming. What happens when he has to take on the Suhs, Donalds, Fletcher Coxs and Donetie Poes of the world? I'm sure we won't have to play those guys come playoff time :roll:

Also, He got beat badly this game too. Although as the game went along he played better. The point you and others need to stop dancing around is that he needs to play better or be removed. It's simple. I've seen Compton play more than one game. He's not a rookie and I live in the DC area. Do the math.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

YikesVikes wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:13 am It was never an argument. Bucker in his NFL career was not an elite pass rusher. There is a difference between being disruptive and being a pass rusher. Buckner is disruptive and Compton gave up 2.5 sacks. That's not having trouble. That's getting your butt kicked. So he had trouble with a guy that is up and coming. What happens when he has to take on the Suhs, Donalds, Fletcher Coxs and Donetie Poes of the world? I'm sure we won't have to play those guys come playoff time :roll:

Also, He got beat badly this game too. Although as the game went along he played better. The point you and others need to stop dancing around is that he needs to play better or be removed. It's simple. I've seen Compton play more than one game. He's not a rookie and I live in the DC area. Do the math.
Again, you keep saying "elite" to try and support your argument but once again, NOBODY said the word elite. You said he was "never a pass rusher". You didnt say he was never an "elite" pass rusher. We're saying the guy can rush the passer. But nobody said that he was an elite pass rusher.

And since you say we should "cut Compton", who's your alternative to handle the Suh's, Donalds, and Cox's of the world then? :lol: I can tell you right now they sure arent sitting out there on the streets.

Also, you just assumed Buckner was blowing by Compton every time when he was sacking Cousins because that is what happened on his first sack. However, the other sack and a half did not come from Compton. One came from Remmers and the other Compton and Jones had him double teamed and stagnant at the line but Cousins held the ball and ran right towards Buckner. So in the end, only 1 sack was due to Compton.

And to address your last comment after "doing the math", NOBODY, I repeat NOBODY said Tom Compton was good or should continue starting. You really need to just go back and read what was said. Because nobody said the word "elite" and nobody said Compton was good or should be starting. We were simply saying Buckner was a solid pass rusher. Period. Not sure why you're not grasping that. We werent defending Compton. Clearly you guys aren't friends though :lol: Compton is a good depth piece but we currently dont have much at LG with Elflein and Easton being out. When Elflein is back, dont be surprised if you see Jones at LG.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:33 pm Again, you keep saying "elite" to try and support your argument but once again, NOBODY said the word elite. You said he was "never a pass rusher". You didnt say he was never an "elite" pass rusher. We're saying the guy can rush the passer. But nobody said that he was an elite pass rusher.

And since you say we should "cut Compton", who's your alternative to handle the Suh's, Donalds, and Cox's of the world then? :lol: I can tell you right now they sure arent sitting out there on the streets.

Also, you just assumed Buckner was blowing by Compton every time when he was sacking Cousins because that is what happened on his first sack. However, the other sack and a half did not come from Compton. One came from Remmers and the other Compton and Jones had him double teamed and stagnant at the line but Cousins held the ball and ran right towards Buckner. So in the end, only 1 sack was due to Compton.

And to address your last comment after "doing the math", NOBODY, I repeat NOBODY said Tom Compton was good or should continue starting. You really need to just go back and read what was said. Because nobody said the word "elite" and nobody said Compton was good or should be starting. We were simply saying Buckner was a solid pass rusher. Period. Not sure why you're not grasping that. We werent defending Compton. Clearly you guys aren't friends though :lol: Compton is a good depth piece but we currently dont have much at LG with Elflein and Easton being out. When Elflein is back, dont be surprised if you see Jones at LG.
But I never said he should be cut. I said he shouldn't be starting. This has gone so far down the rabbit hole, agree to disagree.