Three Surprising Trade Scenarios The Vikings Should Consider.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Three Surprising Trade Scenarios The Vikings Should Consider.

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

If he's healthy, Rashod Hill will be the starting RT for the Vikings this year. O'Neill isn't ready, and Remmers will play RG when he returns. The Vikings won't trade their starting RT, especially when they're even weaker at guard.

I don't know why the Vikings don't give Jahari Evans a call. He's a quality veteran who's long in the tooth but durable and still effective. Plus, we wouldn't have to trade a thing to get him. At his age, he's not a long-term solution, but he could bridge the gap for a season.

The Vikings won't trade Murray. Mike Zimmer values character, and Murray is a hard-working, high-character guy. He's not going to lead the league in rushing. He can't juke anybody or bounce runs to the outside, but he's a good gap-to-gap runner, a good pass catcher and an excellent pass blocker. Not to mention, with the RB position devalued the way it is, who's going to give up assets for a backup? Murray isn't going anywhere.

Waynes I could see, but only to avert a cap casualty down the road. As for now, he's going to start and he's going to continue improving -- as he did last year. Waynes grades out really well and only gets picked on because Xavier Rhodes is on the other side. Mike Hughes is the obvious heir apparent except for one factor ... Hughes is showing excellent potential as the slot corner, a position for which it's extremely hard to find quality. I could see the Vikings keeping Waynes for at least one more year, since Hughes will be relatively cheap. Zimmer loves corners, and he might very well choose the luxury of having Rhodes, Waynes and Hughes -- a lineup that would give offenses fits. Mack Alexander would have to really step up his play in order for Zimmer to be willing to give up Waynes.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:22 pm If he's healthy, Rashod Hill will be the starting RT for the Vikings this year. O'Neill isn't ready, and Remmers will play RG when he returns. The Vikings won't trade their starting RT, especially when they're even weaker at guard.
Could be, although Rashod Hill looked dreadful in limited action against Seattle. He seems not to be able to get over the hump of being a slightly below average RT.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

VikingLord wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:48 pm If Spielman feels the need to make a move along the OL, I don't see him doing it with a player trade. He'd likely give up a draft pick
:thumbsup: