Adrian Peterson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Adrian Peterson

Post by Raptorman »

soflavike wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:34 pm AD is looking pretty good in the first half against the Cardinals. 14 rushes for 53 yards with 1 TD so far, plus 1 catch for 18 yards and he looks pretty fresh. With that TD he joined the 100 yard touchdown club and he also cracked the top 10 for career yards.

I wish him well this season... hope he can avoid injury.
Peterson has more rushing attempts than Bradford has passing yards in the first half.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

raddmann wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:45 am I don't think he'll do much. He is slower than molasses but still has some power. He's only getting about 1 million so it's low risk for Washington. Still can't catch or block either plus he's become an injury machine. He should retire. Hard to believe they can't find somebody better.
You sound like an ex girlfriend.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Horrible day for Sam Bradford... 17/29 for 138 yds, 0 TD's, 1 INT
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

soflavike wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:16 pm Horrible day for Sam Bradford... 17/29 for 138 yds, 0 TD's, 1 INT
Sam Bradford is not and has never been a particularly good QB. Great arm though.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

So Peterson finished.

26 runs, 96 yards 1 TD
2 catches, 70 yards and a fumble lost.

Bradford, 20/34 153. 4.5 YPA 0 TD's 1 Int. 57.6 rating

Keenum 25/39 329 yards 8.4 YPA 3 TD's 3 Int. 84.2 rating.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Although this was just one game, it might have cemented Peterson's spot in the Hall of Fame. With his 96 yards rushing, he now has 12,372 yards for his career, which is good for 10th most in NFL history. The Redskins running back passed Jim Brown and Marshall Faulk on the all-time list, something that he likely won't forget anytime soon.

"It means a lot," Peterson said of passing Brown, via ESPN.com. "I have a lot of support that keeps me going and keeps me motivated. Not only do I do it for myself and my family, but I do it for my fan base, as well."

Peterson also scored his 100th career rushing touchdown on Sunday, moving him up into a tie for seventh place on the all-time list. In the process, the Redskins running back also joined a very prestigious club that's currently only made up of Hall of Famers.

Adrian Peterson just joined a very prestigious club with his Week 1 performance
Vikings CrucifiXS
Rookie

Post by Vikings CrucifiXS »

I'm not to surprised at Adrian Peterson performamce this Sun. He avg 3.1 yds behind the worst O-line, in Ari. The Redskins' line is middle of the road but still far superior to theirs. Already he's in a better place to excel.

Not to mention his struggles with The Cardinals and The Saints were exasperated by both teams employing ZBS; AD works better in PRS, which Jay likes to run. The Redskins haven't been that good at running it but it could be they didn't have the right runningback(s) to implement their schemes? Judging by their rushing stats AD and Chris Thompson are looking like the answer.

Couple that with basically Peterson having a year off, due to his neck injury, giving his legs a chance to rest he has a 50 50 chance off working out this season.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Vikings CrucifiXS wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:05 am I'm not to surprised at Adrian Peterson performamce this Sun. He avg 3.1 yds behind the worst O-line, in Ari. The Redskins' line is middle of the road but still far superior to theirs. Already he's in a better place to excel.

Not to mention his struggles with The Cardinals and The Saints were exasperated by both teams employing ZBS; AD works better in PRS, which Jay likes to run. The Redskins haven't been that good at running it but it could be they didn't have the right runningback(s) to implement their schemes? Judging by their rushing stats AD and Chris Thompson are looking like the answer.

Couple that with basically Peterson having a year off, due to his neck injury, giving his legs a chance to rest he has a 50 50 chance off working out this season.
:welcome to the message board!

I wasn't surprised that he had an impact but I was surprised by how well he did - especially his catches. Of course, I think we both know he won't sustain that part of his game.

I think it's going to be difficult for him to maintain the rushing as well. Even though he got that year off which will help he's got a lot of wear on his body and not even he can outrun time. I definitely don't think he'll be able to maintain 25+ carries a game for very long.
Vikings CrucifiXS
Rookie

Post by Vikings CrucifiXS »

Thanks Cliff!

I don't see AD as a 3 down back like he used to be either. Using him in rotation, to take some of the wear off, is the only way to keep him effective. Washington signed him to the vet bare minimum so it is gamble that may pay off .

The problem is after AD and Thompson The Redskins have a bunch of JAGs on the bench. If they're expecting him to carry the load he may not make it through the season like you said.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

AP is in the best place for him right now. Probably only 2 or 3 of 32 NFL teams still have an offense that AP can thrive in. Would love to see Washington/Vikings in the playoffs. Oh, the storylines. :lol:
Last edited by PacificNorseWest on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Raptorman wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:43 pm So Peterson finished.

26 runs, 96 yards 1 TD
2 catches, 70 yards and a fumble lost.

Bradford, 20/34 153. 4.5 YPA 0 TD's 1 Int. 57.6 rating

Keenum 25/39 329 yards 8.4 YPA 3 TD's 3 Int. 84.2 rating.
As I read this shouldn't we add Jarius Wright?
raddmann
Backup

Post by raddmann »

FullWood wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:27 pm As I read this shouldn't we add Jarius Wright?
Wright is the Panthers now. Last Sunday he caught 3 passes for 23 yards on 5 targets.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Peterson back down to earth hard this week. 11 carries for 20 yards and 3 catches for 30 yards. He had a long rush of 14 which means he got 6 yards over 10 carries the rest of the game. Ouch.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Vikings CrucifiXS wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:29 am Thanks Cliff!

I don't see AD as a 3 down back like he used to be either. Using him in rotation, to take some of the wear off, is the only way to keep him effective. Washington signed him to the vet bare minimum so it is gamble that may pay off .

The problem is after AD and Thompson The Redskins have a bunch of JAGs on the bench. If they're expecting him to carry the load he may not make it through the season like you said.
Welcome! Nice signature. Agree AP isn't a 3 down back anymore. It's sad that any team would have to depend on him to be that imo.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Cliff wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:41 pm Peterson back down to earth hard this week. 11 carries for 20 yards and 3 catches for 30 yards. He had a long rush of 14 which means he got 6 yards over 10 carries the rest of the game. Ouch.
Yea not a good showing by Adrian but lets look at the rest of our former Vikings from week 2 as well as some lesser known but awesome Vikings.

Sam Bradford 17-27 90 yards 1 interception. QB rating 53.0 ((Edit) Team didn't get passed the 50 yard line)

Case Keenum 19-35 222 yards 1 interception QB rating 61.8 3 rush 16 yards 1TD ( Had a 4th Quarter comeback)

Jarius Wright 5 catches 7 targets 62 yards 1TD

Cordarrelle Patterson 3 catches 5 targets 18 yards.. 1 rush 5 yards

Shamar Stephen 2 tackles

Emmanuel Lamur 1 tackle

Tremaine Brock 6 tackles 1 PD

Captain Munnerlyn 2 tackles

Teddy Bridgewater DNP
Jerrick Mckinnon Injured Torn ACL
Mike Wallace Injured Reserved Broken Fibula