Running Backs? How Many?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

MWNANCe
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Running Backs? How Many?

Post by MWNANCe »

How many Running Backs does the team usually keep?
With how well Boone and Thomas are doing ..anyone have any thoughts on trading Murray?
I believe..
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Running Backs? How Many?

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Cook
Murray
Boone
Thomas

I'm all for keeping all four.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I think the only RB we have that would fetch anything worthwhile is Dalvin, and he's a special talent, if he can recover from the ACL reconstruction, so I don't like the idea of trading him.

Murray looked great vs. Denver. His fumbles were surprising and a concern, but I am not ready to move him. I love the energy I'm seeing from Boone and Thomas though!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I like our depth at RB enough that I'd be ok trading Murray for a decent offensive lineman. That's about it though.
MWNANCe
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by MWNANCe »

I was thinking the same thing Murray for a good lineman I just was wondering how many RB the team normally keeps to see if this is even realistic
I believe..
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

MWNANCe wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:19 pm I was thinking the same thing Murray for a good lineman I just was wondering how many RB the team normally keeps to see if this is even realistic
Murry for Ty Neske. Guy is a back up and is a fanatstic olineman.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Murray is a free agent after this season. Highly unlikely anyone will trade for him.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

My guess is it's 3 RBs plus C.J. Ham at fullback.

Not saying that's what I want. That's just what the coaches seem to be hinting at as I listen to interviews on Vikings podcasts.

So it appears to be Cook, Murray and Boone or Thomas.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

720pete wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:44 pm Murray is a free agent after this season. Highly unlikely anyone will trade for him.
It would be a team that was as desperate for RB as we are for OL. Not sure if that team exists but that's basically the only scenario that makes sense to me.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

I hear that the Washington Redskins are talking to Adrian Peterson today as they are looking for a RB,don't know what they have for depth on the O line though.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Trade Murray and Siemian to the Jets for Teddy. Keep both young RBs along with Dalvin.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:56 am My guess is it's 3 RBs plus C.J. Ham at fullback.

Not saying that's what I want. That's just what the coaches seem to be hinting at as I listen to interviews on Vikings podcasts.

So it appears to be Cook, Murray and Boone or Thomas.
This is what will happen. Both Boone and Thomas have looked good but Murray is a known and good commodity. He was instrumental in last year's success AND he took a pay cut to be here. Assuming Dalvin is 1) 100% and 2) can take the brunt of the carries is a really big unknown right now. One guy will win the competition and the other will be on the practice squad (or picked up by another team). The Adam Thielen story is very very rare in the NFL. More often than naught, they're UDFA's for a reason.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

They only need 3 + Ham. Roc will probably clear waivers and make the practice squad. If not, practice squad RB's with upside are a dime a dozen.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:56 am That's just what the coaches seem to be hinting at as I listen to interviews on Vikings podcasts.
J Kapp, just curious, would you mind sharing what Vikings podcasts do you listen to?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Purple Domination wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:43 pm J Kapp, just curious, would you mind sharing what Vikings podcasts do you listen to?
Mainly the official Vikings podcasts ... TCO Pressers, Wobcast, KFAN stuff, 9-to-noon with Paul Allen, etc.

I've listened to a number of other ones, but most of them are lame. Vikings Update is OK, I guess. Purple FTW, ATL, Odin, and the others are unemployed slobs with no inside information recording in their mom's basement. OK, I don't know if that's true, but it's what they sound like.

Really like listening to the official Vikings stuff, especially when Cousins, DeFilippo or George Edwards talk. Those guys are so well-spoken and don't just give standard answers. You get a real sense of what the coaches are thinking and considering, and Cousins is just a smart guy who loves to talk football.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.