Vikings have long list of injuries, including losing Cedrick Lang for the season

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Vikings have long list of injuries, including losing Cedrick Lang for the season

Post by Cliff »

The Vikings paid a heavy price during their preseason game against the Jaguars on Saturday afternoon. “List was so long I don’t remember the exact number, so I’ll just wait until we put them on IR,” Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press.
Read more
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Vikings have long list of injuries, including losing Cedrick Lang for the season

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Does anyone know if any of these guys were going to be anything more than the 52nd or 53rd roster spot at best?

It really sucks to lose people, but I'm still holding my breath that nothing happens to those we do not want this happening to.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings have long list of injuries, including losing Cedrick Lang for the season

Post by mansquatch »

That is a good point. The list might be long, but how many were likely to crack the 52. If the answer is close to zero, then this is kind of a red herring.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

mansquatch wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:14 pm That is a good point. The list might be long, but how many were likely to crack the 52. If the answer is close to zero, then this is kind of a red herring.
I think we got lucky in that regard. Some of the guys who got injured basically got a medical redshirt and get to be stashed for another year. Of course, having your knee torn up is no joke and I feel terrible for the players, but from a strategic point of view, the Vikings got lucky in terms of WHO got injured.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins