Inside Laquon Treadwell's Redemption Tour

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

ChicagoViking
Veteran

Re: Inside Laquon Treadwell's Redemption Tour

Post by ChicagoViking »

Raptorman wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:48 pmWho had the First TD in the Packers game again?
You really think Treadwell making his first TD catch since he was drafted in 2016 makes up for all of those drops, including the INT? Not to mention his drop last week against the Niners!?!! I'm ready to give Beebe a shot.
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

raddmann wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:13 pmI think they fell in love with his size rather than his talent.
Size? Treadwell posed for a pic with my 15-year-old son at training camp this season. There is no way that dude is more than 6'0" or possibly 6'1". He absolutely is not 6'3". My son is barely 6'0" and looked taller than him in the pic.

I have managed to get field passes for some games over the past couple of seasons and have seen Treadwell up close and personal practicing and making one-handed grab after one-handed grab a la Cris Carter. I came into this season optimistic he could turn his promise into stardom. Sadly, he has shown no ability to translate his clear abilities into on-the-field performance.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

ChicagoViking wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:03 am Size? Treadwell posed for a pic with my 15-year-old son at training camp this season. There is no way that dude is more than 6'0" or possibly 6'1". He absolutely is not 6'3". My son is barely 6'0" and looked taller than him in the pic.

I have managed to get field passes for some games over the past couple of seasons and have seen Treadwell up close and personal practicing and making one-handed grab after one-handed grab a la Cris Carter. I came into this season optimistic he could turn his promise into stardom. Sadly, he has shown no ability to translate his clear abilities into on-the-field performance.
By my unofficial count, Treadwell has 6 drops this season, including 4 against the Packers.

I'm curious ... where does a guy go to get official stats on drops?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

My guess is that Treadwell will be on very thin ice after yesterday and REALLY needs to have a bounce back performance. He won't last long if he is a turnover risk, Zimmer will NOT allow it.

Also, seeing what a disaster his game was yesterday justifies some of what many have thought was this teams heavy handed approach to giving WR play time. If guys are going to tip balls like that, then they shouldn't be out there.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Maybe Seattle would want Treadwell... get a 7th rounder for him. :rofl:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Lars
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Lars »

Cliff wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:16 pm (Treadwell's) speed is just fine. He is even getting open. He just can't seem to hold onto the ball.
I watched his misses closely on NFL Game Pass. The short pass up the middle when Cousins was getting tackled was definitely trying to run with the ball before securing it. Stupid mistake. The last drop was a ball thrown a bit behind him, hit his finger tip, and jammed his finger. Kind of freak. The other two seemed to me to be caused by his inability to catch balls thrown with the velocity Cousins throws them at. Those balls bounced off his hands. That has to be a technique issue. In the post game comments, Cousins said good things about Treadwell, so maybe he's redeemable yet.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

ChicagoViking wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:03 am Size? Treadwell posed for a pic with my 15-year-old son at training camp this season. There is no way that dude is more than 6'0" or possibly 6'1". He absolutely is not 6'3". My son is barely 6'0" and looked taller than him in the pic.

He's 6'1. 74 inches If you want to be exact. It was his weight and arm length that made him a big sized target.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/laquon-treadwell
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

S197 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:18 pm He's 6'1. 74 inches If you want to be exact. It was his weight and arm length that made him a big sized target.
https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/laquon-treadwell
Fair enough, but I think his weight and height reported elsewhere are exaggerated. Arm length and hand size may be accurately reported, I suppose. He is listed at 6'2" or 6'3" elsewhere, which I do not think is accurate, and his weight has been reported at 215 to 221, and right now I would guess he is no more than 200. My son is 6'0" 150 lbs., and Treadwell doesn't look much bigger than him standing right next to him.

Of course, all of this is irrelevant if the guy can't be counted on to catch the ball reliably in game situations. I am hoping he can, but my optimism is fading.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

TO used to drop passes at a staggering rate and he is a HOF'er. *shrugs* :lol:

Maybe he turns it around? I know if he makes a few big plays this season I'd be more willing to forgive him.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Lars wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:46 pm I watched his misses closely on NFL Game Pass. The short pass up the middle when Cousins was getting tackled was definitely trying to run with the ball before securing it. Stupid mistake. The last drop was a ball thrown a bit behind him, hit his finger tip, and jammed his finger. Kind of freak. The other two seemed to me to be caused by his inability to catch balls thrown with the velocity Cousins throws them at. Those balls bounced off his hands. That has to be a technique issue. In the post game comments, Cousins said good things about Treadwell, so maybe he's redeemable yet.
Thanks for this. If I remember correctly, the Redskins receivers also had a lot of drops when Kirk was there. I wonder if we can just blame Cousins for throwing too hard.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

808vikingsfan wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:15 pm Thanks for this. If I remember correctly, the Redskins receivers also had a lot of drops when Kirk was there. I wonder if we can just blame Cousins for throwing too hard.
That's kinda silly. You think he throws harder than Favre? The last thing we need is a QB laying off on his passes so our underachieving WR3 can catch them. I think it's more of a concentration thing with Treadwell. I think he puts too much pressure on himself to make the big play instead of just catching the ball. Hopefully this will wake him up, but I also hope they don't trust him quite yet in important situations.
Damian
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Dames wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:10 am That's kinda silly. You think he throws harder than Favre? The last thing we need is a QB laying off on his passes so our underachieving WR3 can catch them. I think it's more of a concentration thing with Treadwell. I think he puts too much pressure on himself to make the big play instead of just catching the ball. Hopefully this will wake him up, but I also hope they don't trust him quite yet in important situations.
Sorry, it was meant to be a joke.

Totally agree about putting too much pressure on himself. I guess being a 1st rounder amongst a 4thand ufas can do that. He just needs to relax and start playing
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

808vikingsfan wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:03 pm Sorry, it was meant to be a joke.

Totally agree about putting too much pressure on himself. I guess being a 1st rounder amongst a 4thand ufas can do that. He just needs to relax and start playing
Haha... I guess my sarcasm meter was broken!

Indeed. Hopefully the Vikings signing another WR doesn't just make it worse!
Damian
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Tread will be ok. We are overreacting.
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

Raptorman wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:48 pmWho had the First TD in the Packers game again?
Which one of those blind squirrels found that nut again?