Easton Out for the Year

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Easton Out for the Year

Post by YikesVikes »

Easton will miss the rest of the year due to his injury. Unfortunately, he was a player we needed to improve upon but neglected to do so. Really wish we had taken Hernandez now in the first. :wallbang:
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Easton Out for the Year

Post by jackal »

:point: maybe Mike Hughes can
play Guard... Genius Spielman
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Well, ####.

This sucks.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Ross Tucker

@RossTuckerNFL
Given his track record Vikings GM Rick Spielman isn't going to sit back and let the OL be what prevents team from chance to win it all.

Trade with Eagles for Warmack, Seumalo, or possibly even Wisniewski?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Do we have the cap space for those guys? I think we have something like $10M left and keep in mind there's tough decisions to make about Barr and Richardson. Plus a bunch of other guys on 1-year deals.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

S197 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:58 pm Do we have the cap space for those guys? I think we have something like $10M left and keep in mind there's tough decisions to make about Barr and Richardson. Plus a bunch of other guys on 1-year deals.
We get a couple of million back for Easton to IR
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

How long will it be until Incognito is on the team? He seems like a terrible human being but an outstanding football player. Bringing him in would be better than giving up assets to get someone else. Have to make some kind of move now, the OL was already the weakest unit and now it’s weaker.
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

This O-line is shaping up to be as bad as the Skins line last year. At least Kirk has experience with crap lines.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

Hope our young guys can step up! Either that or bring Berger out of retirement.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Purple Domination wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:54 pm Hope our young guys can step up! Either that or bring Berger out of retirement.
Berger said no
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:14 pm This O-line is shaping up to be as bad as the Skins line last year. At least Kirk has experience with crap lines.
The Redskins OL graded better than the Vikings OL last year (PFF)
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

808vikingsfan wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:49 pm The Redskins OL graded better than the Vikings OL last year (PFF)
And they were without their star LT. Yet, people on here felt that Oline wasn't as big a priority as CB :confused:
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

YikesVikes wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:06 pm And they were without their star LT. Yet, people on here felt that Oline wasn't as big a priority as CB :confused:
I'm just about tired of watching this team. OLine should have been a priority for this team, and I said so at the time. Why they grabbed a luxury CB when we needed lineman is beyond my understanding. Dang I'm salty over all this! You spend that kind of money on a QB that's fully guaranteed, and you don't do anything to protect him... Ugh... In fact, I had a mock draft I did where I grabbed only lineman.
:soap
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I would have liked them to focus a bit more on the offensive line in the draft too but it's not as if 1st round linemen are a sure thing.

I'm also not as sore about Hughes as some. The identify of this team is the defense. If we had two CBs that could lock down their respective parts of the field it would be huge. They were hoping Waynes would be that guy but if he doesn't pan out or his costs rise too much because he has a good season going into the end of his contract we're suddenly much more thin at CB.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

If The Redskins OL rated higher than ours last year, then PFF really is bunch of snake oil. They started a fan favorite of ours at tackle last year: TJ Clemmings. Are people really going to tell me that a line featuring that guy was BETTER than the one we fielded last season? My response to this will be: Did you watch any of the games?

Losing Easton sucks, but it is hardly the end of the world. They have guys they picked up in FA to fill in, plus we have almost a month of preseason left to get whomever the guy is reps with the starters. Does it suck? Sure.

I really do not get it anymore. We went to the NFFCG last year. They could only have done two things to have a better season: Wi the SB or lose the SB. Thats it. THen, the very next pre-season there is even a hint of injury issues and suddenly the sky is falling. What will it take for you guys to have a little faith in the franchise? For that matter WHO could they have added vs who they did add that would make some massive difference to the team?

I am pretty sure at this point they could win the SB and then Rhodes could have a hang nail the next pre-season and guys on here will predict we go 4-12. Can we play a freaking game or four before we decide the fate of the 2018 season?
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi