How do you feel about watching the preseason?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: How do you feel about watching the preseason?

Post by dead_poet »

Cliff...don't. Teddy looks really good and is excelling once again on important things like pocket presence, accuracy, decision-making, pressure, third downs. I worry about Cousins on some of these things. I hope Teddy starts somewhere this year.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I wish things had worked out differently with Teddy. If he can stay healthy I really think he can do great things.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cliff wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:43 pm I wish things had worked out differently with Teddy. If he can stay healthy I really think he can do great things.
I don't know why, but watching Teddy gives me more confidence than watching Kirk. I'm always waiting for Kirk to do something stupid. I don't know why.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

dead_poet wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:09 pm I don't know why, but watching Teddy gives me more confidence than watching Kirk. I'm always waiting for Kirk to do something stupid. I don't know why.
I have similar feelings. To me, it is because teddy has led us to the playoffs and has shown promise in a Viking’s uniform. Kirk on the other hand is full of expectations but has done nothing yet. Anything perceived short of $84MM value will make us cringe. I hope he will quickly inspire confidence after a few games.

I also think the “grass is always greener” effect is at play here. If we had slated TB as the starter, I know many here would be worried that his knee would implode at any minute. That cloud does not constantly loom while watching from a far.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

808vikingsfan wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:49 pm Bridgewater with another nice game

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-sp ... ns-love-it
Not surprised. Vikings would be better off if they had kept him and still had scads of cap room, but here we go with Kirk. Hopefully he plays better going forward. That was a piss poor performance against the Jags.

Teddy is a winner with great composure, IQ, pocket presence, and accuracy. He will be a franchise QB yet.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins