What Does Everyone Think About Trading for an O-Lineman?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Re: What Does Everyone Think About Trading for an O-Lineman?

Post by YikesVikes »

808vikingsfan wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:56 pm Is Aviante Collins The Answer?
Hes not. Hes solid as an OG but his pass blocking need tremendous work. Hes also light in the ####. Those two reasons are why he was not toted guy.
Last edited by YikesVikes on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

YikesVikes wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:05 am Hes not. Hes solide as a rb but his pass blocking need tremendous work. Hes also light in the ####. Those two reasons are why he was not toted guy.

What? Collins is an OT/G. He's upwards of 300 pounds now. The only question seems to be pass blocking. I'm going to be focusing on him during the preseason. He may surprise some.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

dead_poet wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:20 am What? Collins is an OT/G. He's upwards of 300 pounds now. The only question seems to be pass blocking. I'm going to be focusing on him during the preseason. He may surprise some.
Might have been autocorrected. His issues coming out of school was he was light in the pants. He was 295 (per combine) and had a good bench strength but could not anchor. He has tried to add weight in the past year. I don't know where he stands today but I don't anticipate he is much bigger.

From his draft profile

"WEAKNESSES Frame could use more mass and definition. Somewhat narrow through shoulders and hips and may not have the frame to carry desired weight. Pad level coming off the ball is a little too high. Needs to do a better job of bending his knees and looking to strike from a leveraged position on second level. Is a little light in the power department. Below average as base blocker. Fear of being overwhelmed by power leads to wide, bear-hugging hands. Lacks discipline in his pass sets and will cross feet over to chase edge rushers. May be zone-only fit."
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Could be more urgent....

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
27m
Mike Zimmer does not know if Rashod Hill will return next week

Cedric Lang lost for the season, will have surgery.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

When it rains, it pours. A little worried about Elflein. I would have expected him back by now.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Sign Boone. He can't be worse than where we are at now. And yes, I think it's time to trade for a lineman. The window is far too open now to dick around with a suspect OL.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:05 pm Sign Boone. He can't be worse than where we are at now. And yes, I think it's time to trade for a lineman. The window is far too open now to dick around with a suspect OL.
Nobody in their right mind wants boone. He's barely a notch up from incognito in the personality department, and might well be worse.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins