2018 Training Camp Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Dakotavike
Starter

Re: 2018 Training Camp Thread

Post by Dakotavike »

I bet you're right!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

8/13

Remmers back in pads.

Also back: Barr, Gossett, King.

Out: Brown, Zylstra

Signed: G Kaleb Johnson
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Great to see Remmers back! I'm bummed about Zylstra, from the camp notes it sounds like he was making some noise.

I mentioned this in the other thread but it's a shame Fowler and Ramsey aren't making the trip, I was looking forward to seeing how Cousins fares against an elite defense. Even if teams keep it vanilla in preseason, it would have been fun to watch, especially the 1-on-1's on Wed/Thurs.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cooley left on a cart after making a diving catch.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:26 pm Cooley left on a cart after making a diving catch.
Hopefully just a bruised hip or something, Coley has had a tough time staying healthy, which is too bad because he's looked promising otherwise. Rashod Hill also had a bit of a scare today but appears to be okay.
Cliff
Site Admin

Lunchbreak: NFL.com Highlights Vikings, Jaguars Defenses

Post by Cliff »

Today and tomorrow, the Vikings and Jaguars will join for co-practices at Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center before facing off at U.S. Bank Stadium at noon (CT) Saturday for their second preseason game.

The two teams finished No. 1 and 2 in overall defense last season, and NFL.com’s Adam Schein recently tabbed their units in the top two spots again. He placed the Vikings second on the list, saying it’s “no surprise” that the team is well coached under Head Coach Mike Zimmer.
Read more
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Some camp takeaways from the bloggers over the last few days:

-O'Neil isn't as behind as originally thought. Some speculation he may be as good or better than Hill at this point. He's someone really progressing

-Hughes is going to be really good. Because he already is.

-Murray is faster this year
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

dead_poet wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:41 pm Some camp takeaways from the bloggers over the last few days:

-O'Neil isn't as behind as originally thought. Some speculation he may be as good or better than Hill at this point. He's someone really progressing

-Hughes is going to be really good. Because he already is.

-Murray is faster this year
This is all good and for O'Neil and Hughes, it seems to have been great from the start and already seeing validation.

Murray has got to be hungry. He wants that ring. Love it!
Cliff
Site Admin

Zimmer Explains Goals, Reasons for Hosting Jaguars Joint Practices

Post by Cliff »

“At some point, you’ve been going against yourself for 12 days now or something, and it starts to get a little bit stale. You’ve got the same routine,” Zimmer said. “And I think the intensity level will be up a little bit because guys are going against each other. But we’re not trying to prove who’s the toughest guys, and I’m sure they’re not, either. We’re going to see different techniques than we’ve seen, we’re going to see different plays, how we react, the plays that we haven’t prepared for really, blitzes we may not be prepared for, and see if our rules hold up to those things.”

Zimmer is looking forward to facing the Jaguars, whose defense ranked No. 2 behind the Vikings last season. He pointed out that their defense is similar to “a lot of teams” on Minnesota’s schedule this season, and he specifically mentioned the Seahawks – whom the Vikings will play in preseason and the regular season – and the 49ers, Minnesota’s Week 1 opponent.
Read more
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
Tom Compton had a wrap on his right arm leaving practice. Didn’t see what happen but he got dinged up earlier in the afternoon.
3:25 PM - 16 Aug 2018

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
54m
Line was left to right Reiff Isidora Ellison O’Neill Collins
View details ·
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Training camp is over so I'm "un-stickying" this.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

Has there been any word on Stacy Coley?
Formerly AADPFan