2018 Training Camp Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Pat Elflein opens Vikings camp on PUP list

Post by Cliff »

Vikings center Pat Elflein isn’t quite ready to practice. The Vikings announced on Wednesday that Elflein has been placed on the physically unable to perform list. Elflein broke his ankle during the NFC Championship Game in January and did not participate in the team’s offseason program as he recovered from surgery. Elflein is eligible to [more]

Read more
S197
Fenrir

Re: 2018 Season General Thread (News, Notes, Interviews, etc)

Post by S197 »

Sigh...
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Same crap different year... Why can't we have a season where everyone is healthy. :roll:
Edit:. Sorry... Just venting 😁
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

Thaumaturgist wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:10 pm Same crap different year... Why can't we have a season where everyone is healthy. :roll:
Edit:. Sorry... Just venting 😁
Here’s to hoping he misses little or no regular season time. The PFT article makes it sound like he may not be far off from returning. What sucks is that our OL starters will not all be practicing with each other during camp.
Cliff
Site Admin

Dalvin Cook full go for training camp

Post by Cliff »

Vikings running back Dalvin Cook is “full-go” for the start of training camp, Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer-Press reports. It’s not a surprise given Vikings athletic trainer Eric Sugarman said in April that Cook had “knocked his rehab out of the park.” Cook got limited work during the offseason, and the Vikings have no concern [more]

Read more
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Purple Domination wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:07 pm Here’s to hoping he misses little or no regular season time. The PFT article makes it sound like he may not be far off from returning. What sucks is that our OL starters will not all be practicing with each other during camp.
Hopefully it's not more than a few weeks. They're still shuffling people around and without Sparano things are even tougher now. The good thing is Elflein already has a year under his belt, of course the bad is the lack of continuity. Hopefully Remmers stays healthy, he seems to be the guy that will have the most adjustment if they keep him at RG.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Pat Elflein opens Vikings camp on PUP list

Post by halfgiz »

VMB News Bot wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:36 am Vikings center Pat Elflein isn’t quite ready to practice. The Vikings announced on Wednesday that Elflein has been placed on the physically unable to perform list. Elflein broke his ankle during the NFC Championship Game in January and did not participate in the team’s offseason program as he recovered from surgery. Elflein is eligible to [more]

Read more
Pat also had shoulder surgery in the offseason. So he is recovering from that too.

Also just Throwing this out there...Could we have a thread for training camp.
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Pat Elflein opens Vikings camp on PUP list

Post by Cliff »

halfgiz wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:24 pmAlso just Throwing this out there...Could we have a thread for training camp.
Good idea! Done.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: 2018 Training Camp Thread

Post by halfgiz »

@CourtneyRCronin
16h
After undergoing surgery to repair a broken ankle in January, Pat Elflein had shoulder surgery in February after sustaining an injury in Atlanta last December. Said the back to back surgeries left him immobile for a bit. Used a scooter to get around.

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
34m
#Vikings tackle Brian O'Neill, a second-round pick, is eating 6,000 calories a day to put on weight and he's finally over 300 pounds. Vikings eventually want him to be 315 pounds. twincities.com/2018/07/26/vik…

Stacy Coley strained his groin in practice...Hopes to only miss a couple days.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Hopefully things settle in after the funeral today. I didn't realize Zimmer was that close to sparano.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Cliff
Site Admin

Dalvin Cook sheds protective brace on his surgically repaired knee

Post by Cliff »

Dalvin Cook not only is “full go,” but the Vikings running back has shed the protective brace on his surgically repaired left knee. “I told myself, ‘I know the work I put it. I’m going to test it out before I get back to training camp,’” Cook said, via Dane Mizutani of the Pioneer Press.

Read more
S197
Fenrir

Re: Dalvin Cook sheds protective brace on his surgically repaired knee

Post by S197 »

Cliff wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:48 pm Dalvin Cook not only is “full go,” but the Vikings running back has shed the protective brace on his surgically repaired left knee. “I told myself, ‘I know the work I put it. I’m going to test it out before I get back to training camp,’” Cook said, via Dane Mizutani of the Pioneer Press.

Read more
I follow him on instagram, he was putting in a lot of work in the sand. If you've never tried running in sand, it's really tough but I imagine lower impact too so probably a smart idea on his part. Good way to build strength without too much strain on the joints.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Andrew Krammer
Rashod Hill appeared injured in today’s practice. Stayed and watched as Brian O’Neill took rest of first-team reps at right tackle.

That didn't take long...be interesting to see who they practice there besides O'Neil
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Hasan was saying Hill was throwing up so may be sick rather than injured. Seems Remmers is set at staying at guard.
Cliff
Site Admin

Presser Points: Priefer Lists Sherels as Punt Returner, Hughes as Kick Returner

Post by Cliff »

Presser Points: Priefer Lists Sherels as Punt Returner, Hughes as Kick Returner

Read more