Week 1 vs. SF will be there from Seattle

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Week 1 vs. SF will be there from Seattle

Post by PacificNorseWest »

It's been awhile since I've been to Minneapolis. I didn't want to hijack another thread and the tickets, tailgating thread gets no love, so I apologize for asking here and if some of this has been answered before. Cliff, you can move it, but at least let me get a few replies to this thread before you do. :lol:

What are some good spots to go to for drinks/food before and after the game?

I'm also taking the light rail from Big Lake to Target field. I didn't see that it went straight to US Bank Stadium. Is there something that can transport from Target Field to the stadium or better to walk? Looks like only a 20 minute walk. Perhaps good spots to stop at along the way.

I appreciate any suggestions.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Week 1 vs. SF will be there from Seattle

Post by Thaumaturgist »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:51 pm I'm also taking the light rail from Big Lake to Target field. I didn't see that it went straight to US Bank Stadium. Is there something that can transport from Target Field to the stadium or better to walk? Looks like only a 20 minute walk. Perhaps good spots to stop at along the way.
This is what I did. You can then take the metro green line right to the stadium. It works out really well. Just follow the crowd when you get off the light rail. :D

Hope you have fun, and that they have a good game when you're there. :rock:
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

No problem!

I'm sure you've probably noticed but one of the stickies at the top of this forum is collecting and combining information about this;

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30362

It may or may not have some useful information for you.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Cliff wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:30 am No problem!

I'm sure you've probably noticed but one of the stickies at the top of this forum is collecting and combining information about this;

http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopi ... =1&t=30362

It may or may not have some useful information for you.
Yeah, :lol: Noticed it right after posting. I saw some good tidbits in there.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Thaumaturgist wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:02 am This is what I did. You can then take the metro green line right to the stadium. It works out really well. Just follow the crowd when you get off the light rail. :D

Hope you have fun, and that they have a good game when you're there. :rock:
Perfect. Thank you! That's exactly what I needed to know.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:51 pm It's been awhile since I've been to Minneapolis. I didn't want to hijack another thread and the tickets, tailgating thread gets no love, so I apologize for asking here and if some of this has been answered before. Cliff, you can move it, but at least let me get a few replies to this thread before you do. :lol:

What are some good spots to go to for drinks/food before and after the game?

I'm also taking the light rail from Big Lake to Target field. I didn't see that it went straight to US Bank Stadium. Is there something that can transport from Target Field to the stadium or better to walk? Looks like only a 20 minute walk. Perhaps good spots to stop at along the way.

I appreciate any suggestions.
I've taken the Northstar commuter line to Target Field from Elk River. Easy as pie, though I wish they ran with more frequency. We then transferred to the light rail lines to head to the airport once and another time to the MOA. Super useful.

When I flew up for the playoff game vs. NO this past season we stayed downtown and since it was cold we ate at nearby places (Hell's Kitchen and Manny's Steakhouse). Both were great, but they're not super close to US Bank Stadium. Even though I visit MPLS often, my knowledge of restaurants and bars is oriented towards NordEast and South Minneapolis, not downtown, so I'll let someone else chime in on places to drink/ eat.

Enjoy the game!