Kirk Cousins “salty” about a bad practice on Wednesday

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Kirk Cousins “salty” about a bad practice on Wednesday

Post by Cliff »

It’s good that the Vikings won’t be scrapping the last workout of their offseason program. Their new quarterback thinks he needs it. Kirk Cousins wasn’t pleased with his performance on Wednesday, the second day of a three-day minicamp. “I was pretty salty walking off the field,” Cousins said, via Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul [more]

Read more
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Kirk Cousins “salty” about a bad practice on Wednesday

Post by 808vikingsfan »

The salt came from a third-down red-zone drill during which Cousins threw two interceptions in three plays.
I know it's just minicamp but this has been a concern over his career. Watched a replay of redzone from 2017 on NFLN a few weeks ago. Cousins looked pretty bad and threw a couple of terrible passes in the redzone. I sure hope this is fixable.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

808vikingsfan wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:01 pm I know it's just minicamp but this has been a concern over his career. Watched a replay of redzone from 2017 on NFLN a few weeks ago. Cousins looked pretty bad and threw a couple of terrible passes in the redzone. I sure hope this is fixable.
From the breakdowns I saw, redzone and throws over the middle are where he struggled the most. Zimm has put a huge emphasis on the redzone in practices over the last two years so he should get plenty of practice at least. The defense is also not surprisingly way ahead of the offense right now. In one 11-on-11 they mentioned that the defense called an audible, Kirk then called an audible, and the defense audibled again. The defense was told to dial it down as they're so used to playing with each other (other than Richardson) much of the stuff is second nature.

Barr also spent time with the DL to work on pass rushing tech since he's so familiar with the defense and didn't need as much time working with the LB's.

I guess that's the benefit of having all your starters back other than a new 3-tech.
Vikings77
Waterboy

Post by Vikings77 »

I am concerned about Kirk Cousins because he is not good his attitude. I am worry about him effect his bad team. I want Couins must friendly and support his team.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

Vikings77 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:13 am I am concerned about Kirk Cousins because he is not good his attitude. I am worry about him effect his bad team. I want Couins must friendly and support his team.
Eloquently stated
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Purple Domination wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:50 pm Eloquently stated
:lol:
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Purple Domination wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:50 pm Eloquently stated
was that necessary?
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

Boon wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:58 am was that necessary?
Sorry. I am experiencing offseason delirium.