Chat Function

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Chat Function

Post by Cliff »

It being the off season and all I'm trying a bunch of new stuffs. Plus now that we've upgraded we actually have options.

Anyway, there is now a chat window at the bottom of the page (you have to be logged in to use it). Lets see how it goes over.

The chat window is only visible on the main index page.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Chat Function

Post by Raptorman »

Cliff wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:12 am It being the off season and all I'm trying a bunch of new stuffs. Plus now that we've upgraded we actually have options.

Anyway, there is now a chat window at the bottom of the page (you have to be logged in to use it). Lets see how it goes over.

The chat window is only visible on the main index page.
They are very handy on game day. Something people will have to get used too. Is it possible to make the chat page a full screen? On game day when busy it will be scrolling pretty fast and only seeing 3 posts will get annoying. Just thought.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Raptorman wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:21 pm They are very handy on game day. Something people will have to get used too. Is it possible to make the chat page a full screen? On game day when busy it will be scrolling pretty fast and only seeing 3 posts will get annoying. Just thought.
I thought I replied to this - maybe I did on the chat window.

If you click the "mchat" link at the top left of the screen it will open the chat window in a page by itself.

I have also expanded the chat window to be much larger.

However, this is potentially problematic on mobile. Since I currently have the top line as the newest post if you're on mobile the "newest" line and the type window can't be on the same screen.

So I'll either need to resize the window a bit or change the text to have the newest appear at the bottom again.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

I think newest @ the bottom is OK, as long as it auto scrolls you which it does.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Will chats be saved for viewing? I know some people like to read through the gameday threads if they can't watch the game. I'm assuming this will take the place of the gameday thread.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

808vikingsfan wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:12 pm Will chats be saved for viewing? I know some people like to read through the gameday threads if they can't watch the game. I'm assuming this will take the place of the gameday thread.
There is a chat archive but I was going to copy the chat into it's own thread after each game.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Very cool. Appreciate the dedication to constantly improving our Vikings home. Can't wait to test it out on game day.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Is it gone now?
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:34 pmIs it gone now?
The 'like' buttons seem to have disappeared too.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The host for the board shut it down for reasons that they shouldn't have. To make a long story short.

After which both of those broke so I'll have to get them up again.