YikesVikes wrote: ↑
Wed May 09, 2018 6:30 pm
1. Injury at CB would not sink our season. This isn't even considering that we could sign a guy off the street, could have drafted a guy in the 2nd or 3rd. Even without those options, reduced play at corner (Alexander or Sherels starting) would not be a lost season.
So prior to signing Newman, if we had an injury at CB our season wouldnt be sunk but if Easton got hurt and Isidora had to start our season would? Tell me how that makes any sense? We didnt have a capable CB after Alexander that could come in and play. Isidora is more than capable.
2. You threw out a lot of names at OT and OG but the same amount of names could be thrown out in 2016. The difference now is the hindsight. Having depth isn't just about the numbers, its about the talent on roster. Many of the guys you listed are Jags that you have never seen play. You naming Compton is laughable. Might as well name me, because you have no idea how either of us look. I'm not excited about having Remmers at guard and Hill at RT.
No me naming Tom Compton is not laughable. As I've mentioned before, I follow the NFL as much as I do the Vikings. Compton started 9 games for the Skins a few years back and 5 more last year in Chicago. One of those games being against us last year and one against us when he was in Washington. I've seen Isidora play. I've seen Hill play. So I havent seen the "two rookies play" just like everyone else that watches football. So I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.
3. Each season we would be about getting better. Hughes doesn't make this team in the middle of a championship run tremendously better. Henderson would have. I'm not sure why you can't see that we have issues at Guard. Easton should be replaced as isn't great. I have high hopes for Isadora because if he doesn't work out we are in trouble.
Well I dont know who Henderson is. Also, in the paragraph above you try to get on me about not seeing these guys play but I'm counting them. Have you seen Mike Hughes play? No. So how do you know he doesnt make this team better? You're contradicting yourself
4. We keep dumping 1st rounders into the defense with little thought of the offensive line. You can't keep throwing UDFAs and low drafted guys out there and think that it will work out. Outside of Khalil, our investments into the oline via the draft have been laughable. We have maybe 1 success story in Sullivan. The rest have had a decent year and then fallen off.
Do you truly believe that in the first round, our entire draft room is just putting "little thought into the OL". That is just your personal opinion because you dont like this draft. Yet we take a guy in the 2nd and you still arent pleased. I'm done discussing that with you.
5. Wouldn't it be nice to have a guy that can actually open up holes for our Rbs. Not just not get beat but on a consistent basis, win and have an effect on the game.
We had the #10 rushing offense in the NFL dude. Another hole that is opening is the one you keep digging yourself. #10 total rushing offense WITHOUT Dalvin Cook the final 12 games. So by the looks of it, our offensive line did a pretty solid job of opening up holes last year. We get it, you dont like the draft but at the same time you arent making a good case for yourself