2018 Season General Thread (News, Notes, Interviews, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2018 Season General Thread (News, Notes, Interviews, etc)

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:35 pm Linval won't play.
My guess is Cook will go to IR soon.
Not sure about Linval. Today will be telling. Same with Cook. I read he may not have practiced yesterday. He's not going on IR with a hamstring. One of those soft tissue injuries that only gets better with rest.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:35 pm Linval won't play.
My guess is Cook will go to IR soon.
No way Cook goes to IR with a hamstring
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Davis1979
Waterboy

Post by Davis1979 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:09 am No way Cook goes to IR with a hamstring
Why have we not seen zylstra play very much one would think he could beat out treadwell
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Davis1979 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:25 pm Why have we not seen zylstra play very much one would think he could beat out treadwell
I mean Treadwell is beating out anyone not named Thielen or Diggs right now. So who knows. He's played much better as of late though
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Davis1979 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:25 pm Why have we not seen zylstra play very much one would think he could beat out treadwell
He's been in on special teams, which is where he'll need to make his mark. Just like Thielen's progression.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Everson Griffen to resume team activities tomorrow. Skol!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:57 pm Everson Griffen to resume team activities tomorrow. Skol!
That's awesome. I can't even imagine if he suits up and gets a sack on Sunday. The place will blow up.

But non-football-related, I'm super happy for him and hope things are getting better.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Everson...my dude is back. This is all good.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

any word or Rhodes or Barr?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

808vikingsfan wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:05 am any word or Rhodes or Barr?
Check back later today after the practice report is out. I'd be shocked if either suits up.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Cook out again. He's been terribly disappointing.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

TSonn wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:55 pm Cook out again. He's been terribly disappointing.
Seeing a lot of speculation we won't see him until after the bye week at earliest.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

TSonn wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:55 pm Cook out again. He's been terribly disappointing.
Just something you cant avoid. It's not like he's really injury prone. A tweaked hammy is a tweaked hammy. Look at Fournette right now. Same deal. Look at many guys around the league with hamstring issues right now. As for the ACL, any ACL injury is a fluke injury. It's all about the way you step or cut. It's a very unlucky injury. I'm honestly not worried. I'd rather him rest it and get healthy when we need him most which would be the back half of the season. This is why I'm glad Spielman signed Murray and for all the Murray haters out there, given the current situation with Cook, we're very lucky to have him. Because I can think of a handful of teams around the league that he could start for. He's doing just fine carrying the load right now. So let Cook get healthy
-Chazz Palminteri
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:58 am
Just something you cant avoid. It's not like he's really injury prone. A tweaked hammy is a tweaked hammy. Look at Fournette right now. Same deal. Look at many guys around the league with hamstring issues right now. As for the ACL, any ACL injury is a fluke injury. It's all about the way you step or cut. It's a very unlucky injury. I'm honestly not worried. I'd rather him rest it and get healthy when we need him most which would be the back half of the season. This is why I'm glad Spielman signed Murray and for all the Murray haters out there, given the current situation with Cook, we're very lucky to have him. Because I can think of a handful of teams around the league that he could start for. He's doing just fine carrying the load right now. So let Cook get healthy
Yeah, I'm not mad at him. But his production on the field has been terrible because of the injuries and that's just a crappy situation. He'll basically still be playing his "rookie year" games the start of his 3rd season when most other guys have 30+ games under their belt.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

TSonn wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:07 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:58 am

Yeah, I'm not mad at him. But his production on the field has been terrible because of the injuries and that's just a crappy situation. He'll basically still be playing his "rookie year" games the start of his 3rd season when most other guys have 30+ games under their belt.
You can also look at it like this: he has nearly a season less tread on his tires.