2018 Schedule

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: 2018 Schedule

Post by Raptorman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I don't really care about WHO they play. It's about WHERE. They get us at home. Green Bay at home. Kansas City at home for the second straight year. And they play in the worst division in football. They pretty much start the season 6-0.

I hate that team.
Nothing special happening to them. The teams rotate on a regular basis. In 4 years when we play the AFC east again they and the Jets will come to our house. Just like they did in 2014. The schedule is set years in advance except for 2 teams. And those are based last years wins.

This is the Vikings 2019 schedule. Without the division games.

Home

Philadelphia
Washington
Denver
Oakland
NFC South

Away

Dallas
NY Giants
Kansas City
LA Chargers
NFC West

Vikings schedule through 2020.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... edules.htm
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

akvikingsfan wrote:Thoughts:
- 4 prime time games. Guess thats what happens when you go 13-3 and make the NFCC
- Surprised the opening game isn't @Eagles
- Love that theres a long week before the Eagles game
- Surprised they're not @Packers late in the season
- No 3 road game stretches, so that's nice.

Overall, looks like a good schedule. I think 12-4 is possible. After the draft I'll do my annual way to early predictions.
Niners have 5. As do the Cowboys, Packers, Chiefs, Rams, Patriots, Saints, Eagles, Steelers and Seahawks
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I always thought the home or away games were done separately.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:I always thought the home or away games were done separately.
If you ever notice, the Vikings play the same home away games as the Packers. The Lion-Bears play the same. I forget how long this has been going on, but I believe it's been since the last realignment.
MikethePurple
Veteran

Post by MikethePurple »

Damn, really bummed again that the Vikes are away the game before Christmas. I was really hoping I'd be able to catch a game while I was back visiting. Three years in a row now :evil:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Raptorman wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote: I don't really care about WHO they play. It's about WHERE. They get us at home. Green Bay at home. Kansas City at home for the second straight year. And they play in the worst division in football. They pretty much start the season 6-0.

I hate that team.
Nothing special happening to them. The teams rotate on a regular basis. In 4 years when we play the AFC east again they and the Jets will come to our house. Just like they did in 2014. The schedule is set years in advance except for 2 teams. And those are based last years wins.

Home

Philadelphia
Washington
Denver
Oakland
NFC South

Away

Dallas
NY Giants
Kansas City
LA Chargers
NFC West

I'm seeing at the Eagles again in 2019. Which is BS.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... hedule.htm
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

I hate that team.

Home

Philadelphia
Washington
Denver
Oakland
NFC South

Away

Dallas
NY Giants
Kansas City
LA Chargers
NFC West

I'm seeing at the Eagles again in 2019. Which is BS.

Because. Of the rotation. I am guessing we also play the Giants on the road and Dallas and Washington at home?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
S197 wrote: I'm seeing at the Eagles again in 2019. Which is BS.

Because. Of the rotation. I am guessing we also play the Giants on the road and Dallas and Washington at home?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The only reason we play the Eagles this year is because we won the division. The home-away game is predetermined as well for those games. In 3 years when we play a game against that division based on the previous years record it will be in MN. For example, the last time we played all 4 teams in the west(2015), we had the Giants at home. Take 2019's schedule. The game we play against the west division will be an away game and the one against the south a home game.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Not sure if this was posted yet.

Minnesota Vikings 2018 Preseason Games:

Preseason Week 1 (Aug. 9-13): at Denver Broncos

Preseason Week 2 (Aug. 16-20): vs. Jacksonville Jaguars

Preseason Week 3 (Aug. 23-26): vs. Seattle Seahawks

Preseason Week 4 (Aug. 30): at Tennessee Titans
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Did you guys see New England's schedule?

It's ridiculous. All their tough games except for Jacksonville are at home. I can't stand that team.

This is a pretty tough schedule that we have. No surprise, given our record last year. Even the opener against the 49ers is no picnic. Hopefully our defense and crowd can fluster Jimmy GQ.
Of course the NBA like NFL brass is gonna do all it can to give their hero another superbowl win. Maybe for once Brady can win by more than a field Goal. G.O.A.T. I don't think so. Montana didn't win superbowls by 1-3 points, he dominated in Superbowls.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Laserman wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:Did you guys see New England's schedule?

It's ridiculous. All their tough games except for Jacksonville are at home. I can't stand that team.

This is a pretty tough schedule that we have. No surprise, given our record last year. Even the opener against the 49ers is no picnic. Hopefully our defense and crowd can fluster Jimmy GQ.
Of course the NBA like NFL brass is gonna do all it can to give their hero another superbowl win. Maybe for once Brady can win by more than a field Goal. G.O.A.T. I don't think so. Montana didn't win superbowls by 1-3 points, he dominated in Superbowls.
From 1981 - 1996, when San Fran won 5 Super Bowls with Montana and Young, their defense averaged the ranking in points per game given up at 5.4. Very much like the Patriots the last 20 years. Not saying Montana wasn't great, but he didn't do it by himself. It's a lot easier to "dominate" when your defense only gives up an average of 16.5 points per game over 15 years.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Our preseason rivalry with the Titans continues. :lol:
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

dead_poet wrote:Not awful. Weeks 11-14 are tough (yes, I'm putting Chicago in there on purpose). I like the later bye.
I kinda think weeks 1-5 looks tough!

can't wait though
i'm ready for a beer.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

vikeinmontana wrote:
dead_poet wrote:Not awful. Weeks 11-14 are tough (yes, I'm putting Chicago in there on purpose). I like the later bye.
I kinda think weeks 1-5 looks tough!

can't wait though
Yeah, 4 of those 5 for sure.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly