Message Board Update and Changes

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Message Board Update and Changes

Post by akvikingsfan »

Can I request the ability to view the full desktop site on mobile? I like the look of the mobile, but I’d still like to be able to view the full desktop version without getting on the laptop. If that feature isn’t available through the platform I understand.
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

Cliff wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:25 pm Which ones are wrong?

I'm going by this; http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/2 ... fd90bd3866
Dates are correct but the game "description" is wrong. The 49ers game is Week 1, for example.

I really like the calender though. But perhaps make it slightly smaller in terms of height? Maybe list start and end dates in the same row.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Ohjay wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:44 pm Dates are correct but the game "description" is wrong. The 49ers game is Week 1, for example.

I really like the calender though. But perhaps make it slightly smaller in terms of height? Maybe list start and end dates in the same row.
Hmmm ... I'm showing the 49ers as the Preseason week 1 game at the top.

Unfortunately I don't have the ability to edit the calendar in that way. If there is a start and end date (rather than a game that has only one date) It will be shown the way Minicamp and Training camp are.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I have implemented a draft/auto-draft system.

You can now save your posts as a draft at the bottom of your reply. Additionally, drafts of your posts are automatically saved every 20 seconds so should you accidentally close a window or time out your work will remain mostly intact.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Cliff wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:25 pm Which ones are wrong?

I'm going by this; http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/2 ... fd90bd3866
Well, what I see is the first four games are preseason against the the 49s, Packers, Bills and Rams. With the corresponding dates Sep. 9th, 16th, 23rd and 27th. Maybe it's my computer.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Raptorman wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:43 pm Well, what I see is the first four games are preseason against the the 49s, Packers, Bills and Rams. With the corresponding dates Sep. 9th, 16th, 23rd and 27th. Maybe it's my computer.
I don't know if it's your computer necessarily because the plugin is new but those are the dates I'm showing.

What dates are showing for you?
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

Cliff wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:47 am Hmmm ... I'm showing the 49ers as the Preseason week 1 game at the top.

Unfortunately I don't have the ability to edit the calendar in that way. If there is a start and end date (rather than a game that has only one date) It will be shown the way Minicamp and Training camp are.
Yes that is what is showing for me as well (49ers as preseason week 1), but the matter of fact is that in reality the 49ers game is the first game of the regular season.

The dates are all correct, it's just the preseason/week description that's wrong.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Ohjay wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:38 am Yes that is what is showing for me as well (49ers as preseason week 1), but the matter of fact is that in reality the 49ers game is the first game of the regular season.

The dates are all correct, it's just the preseason/week description that's wrong.
Ha ha! I was treating weeks 1-4 like preseason. I see now. Thanks!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

akvikingsfan wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:06 pm Can I request the ability to view the full desktop site on mobile? I like the look of the mobile, but I’d still like to be able to view the full desktop version without getting on the laptop. If that feature isn’t available through the platform I understand.
The feature isn't available via the website but some browsers allow you to. In chrome if you go to your settings there is a checkbox for "desktop site" and you can do it there.

The desktop version isn't designed for mobile though so things might not display properly.
Barry
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Barry »

I'm late to the game on this thread. As with any change, it will take some getting used to, but well done.
Fan of:
Hanahan Hawks
South Carolina Gamecocks
Minnesota Vikings
Charleston Battery
FC Bayern München
USMNT & Die Nationalmannschaft