Message Board Update and Changes

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Message Board Update and Changes

Post by Cliff »

That "yellow" is viking gold I'll have you know!

The green is just cause that's what we've always had but good catch, I'll have to change that.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Cliff wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:50 pm That "yellow" is viking gold I'll have you know!

The green is just cause that's what we've always had but good catch, I'll have to change that.
Lol I was wondering why it looked different.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Thaumaturgist wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:03 pm Just wanted to say that this is the first chance I've gotten to look at the new layout with my phone. BIG improvement! IMHO, no need for Tapatalk support with the new format.
This.

VMB's homepage looks pretty darn neat on mobile now. Not bad, Cliff. Not bad! :smilevike:

Also, Tapatalk sucks and really takes away a lot of what makes message boards like these neat. Surprised people use it. I got it the other day to see what my board looked like with it. Got rid of it in less than a few minutes. I hated it. lol. I think most boards/sites are compatible with smartphones, so not sure why people would use Tapatalk. No no no...
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Outstanding job on the redesign, Cliff.
Mike

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Kansas Viking wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:20 pm Outstanding job on the redesign, Cliff.
Thanks a lot! Web design isn't my specialty but I'm fairly proud of how it turned out.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Funkytown wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:03 pm This.

VMB's homepage looks pretty darn neat on mobile now. Not bad, Cliff. Not bad! :smilevike:

Also, Tapatalk sucks and really takes away a lot of what makes message boards like these neat. Surprised people use it. I got it the other day to see what my board looked like with it. Got rid of it in less than a few minutes. I hated it. lol. I think most boards/sites are compatible with smartphones, so not sure why people would use Tapatalk. No no no...
I'm glad you like it! Mobile still needs a touch of work but I think it's coming along.

Tapatalk was really the only option while the message board was on the old version of the software. It wasn't mobile friendly at all. To be fair though, it came out before surfing on mobile got so big ...
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The "like" system has *finally* been implemented and seems to be working. Please let me know if you see any problems or have any suggestions.

Thanks!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:22 am The "like" system has *finally* been implemented and seems to be working. Please let me know if you see any problems or have any suggestions.

Thanks!
I just tried to "Like" your post and an "Ajax Error—Service Unavailable" window popped up. :(
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Thanks, Jim.

It looks like you can like your own posts just fine (which is how it tricked me into thinking it worked properly!) but when you like someone else's post you get that error. It still actually counts the "like".

Anyway, I've taken it back down and will toy with it on the beta site until I work out the kinks.

Thanks!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Seems to work now.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:25 am Seems to work now.
Yes... and I "like" it. :)
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I've added an extension that surfs a Vikings RSS feed and posts news articles from it. It's not perfect and will require a bit of mod attention here and there but I think it'll help feed discussion.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Cliff wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:14 am Thanks, Jim.

It looks like you can like your own posts just fine (which is how it tricked me into thinking it worked properly!) but when you like someone else's post you get that error. It still actually counts the "like".

Anyway, I've taken it back down and will toy with it on the beta site until I work out the kinks.

Thanks!
I think Jim ruined it for everyone.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

The visual look is FAR superior. Not trying to be rude, but the other one looked pretty dated like when the internet first came out. This is way more sophisticated looking. Totally impressed. Well done, Cliff.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Cliff wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 2:06 pm I've added an extension that surfs a Vikings RSS feed and posts news articles from it. It's not perfect and will require a bit of mod attention here and there but I think it'll help feed discussion.
Cliff, I like the news bot. I hope it will help with discussion. I know I don't post a lot, but I'm here just about every day reading. Thanks again for everything you and the other mods do.