Diggs Miracle TD

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Diggs Miracle TD

Post by Texas Vike »

Been watching this team for a long time; it's hands down my favorite moment for the Vikings.

Helps that I was there in person! It was SO fun to be there. :beerock:
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Yea this is my new go-to video to cheer me up for any unfortunate Vikings loss. Before it was Farve to Lewis.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Don't get me wrong it was a magical
moment and a great play, but it also
when I knew we would lose the next
game we peaked too early and didn't
have the emotional strength to play a good
team on the road.

If we would have beat Carolina imo
we have our championship
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Greatest play in NFL history. Period.

What made it so memorable for me was that it honestly seemed there was no hope. Favre-to-Lewis, we drove 80 yards in less than 2 minutes. There was anticipation and buildup, and even though it was improbable, the Vikings were in range to score. The 1980 Kramer-to-Rashad play was close, but again they were at least within Hail Mary range, and they had just pulled off the beautiful Ted Brown hook-and-ladder play to get within range. This literally came out of nowhere. We were going nowhere on the drive preceding the play.

Add all that to the fact that it was the playoffs, and that seals the deal.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

It would be very high without a doubt.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Demarates
Backup

Post by Demarates »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I actually almost tear up watching it still.
:D Same here.
Tene Quod Bene
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

One of the reasons this was such a great moment, is even people that aernt football or Vikings fan saw it and love it. A lot of relatives i have done watch football at all, but they all talked to me about it, and how exciting it was. I dont remember any other play by a MN sports team that did that, not even the Twins in '87 or '92. It was indeed very special. And at least we have that after such a great season where we didnt finish the job. This season hopefully they have all the kinks worked out and we can show the world how MN celebrates without tearing everything to pieces.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:One of the reasons this was such a great moment, is even people that aernt football or Vikings fan saw it and love it. A lot of relatives i have done watch football at all, but they all talked to me about it, and how exciting it was. I dont remember any other play by a MN sports team that did that, not even the Twins in '87 or '92. It was indeed very special. And at least we have that after such a great season where we didnt finish the job. This season hopefully they have all the kinks worked out and we can show the world how MN celebrates without tearing everything to pieces.
Totally agree. Even Joe Buck was over the moon about it. I saw Rich Eisen interview Buck the next day, and Buck was choking up as he talked about how privileged he was just to be a part of it. Pretty good for the normally condescending Buck.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by cstelter »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:One of the reasons this was such a great moment, is even people that aernt football or Vikings fan saw it and love it. A lot of relatives i have done watch football at all, but they all talked to me about it, and how exciting it was. I dont remember any other play by a MN sports team that did that, not even the Twins in '87 or '92. It was indeed very special. And at least we have that after such a great season where we didnt finish the job. This season hopefully they have all the kinks worked out and we can show the world how MN celebrates without tearing everything to pieces.
I think the performance of Morris in game 7 of the 91 WS rivals.

The starter going 10 innings to win the most important game of the season in the equivalent of overtime?

I'd probably put Diggs ahead of it, but not by a whole lot. Any fan of baseball with any interest in who won the WS that year couldn't help but be talking about that performance the next day.

Craig S
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

cstelter wrote:
I think the performance of Morris in game 7 of the 91 WS rivals.

The starter going 10 innings to win the most important game of the season in the equivalent of overtime?

I'd probably put Diggs ahead of it, but not by a whole lot. Any fan of baseball with any interest in who won the WS that year couldn't help but be talking about that performance the next day.

I agree. I love watching FSN because after each Twins game, and sometimes during it, Morris is commentating. Hes very good at his job and it always reminds me of his pitching in the WS.