Wright Released

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Wright Released

Post by YikesVikes »

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Wright Released

Post by fiestavike »

YikesVikes wrote:https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/sta ... cherreport

Didn't see this coming.
2.6 this year. 3.7 next year. Not shocking at all. Robison could well be next. Rudolph and Everson will have to restructure or this year could be their last.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

We now have a need at WR. This wouldn't have been where I would have gone to get the money.
With Treadwell being closer to bust than brilliant, Wright has been the steady 3rd down guy without complaining. He's going to be a good signing for someone else. When you pair that with Diggs always being banged up, all of a sudden, we are thin at WR.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Maybe they are excited about Treadwell?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

YikesVikes wrote:We now have a need at WR. This wouldn't have been where I would have gone to get the money.
With Treadwell being closer to bust than brilliant, Wright has been the steady 3rd down guy without complaining. He's going to be a good signing for someone else. When you pair that with Diggs always being banged up, all of a sudden, we are thin at WR.
Coley will get a chance. Zylstra, Cayleb Jones, or Laquan Treadwell will have to figure it out hopefully. I'm pretty sure the Vikings would love to find a taker for Treadwell's contract at this point because there is virtually no cap relief to be had from cutting him even NEXT year.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I wonder if it was a money issue. He was a thied-down machine.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

Very disappointed to see this. He seemed like a guy who never got much of a chance but usually delivered when in the game. I agree that he will be a good pickup for someone else.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Maybe they are excited about Treadwell?
:lol:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

It's a lot to pay for a guy who gets the occasional slant or out route for 8-10 yards. You should be able to plug in a Jones or Coley and get similar results, hopefully with more upside.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Purple Domination wrote:Very disappointed to see this. He seemed like a guy who never got much of a chance but usually delivered when in the game. I agree that he will be a good pickup for someone else.

Agreed. A bit overpaid, possibly, but a solid and dependable slot guy.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I hope this is fake news cause Wright is great, and isnt getting paid that much. Who the heck do they have in mind to be so clutch and good on first downs? We now have Diggs, Thelein and Rudolf. I hate this move, they have really underestimated Wright. UGH. And after feeling so good about getting Sheldon.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Maybe they are excited about Treadwell?
I hope this is a joke. Im personally hoping Treadwell is on another team, he and Floyd are just awful.
kidfozzy.
Starter

Post by kidfozzy. »

I wish the best for Wright. Hopefully the next WR we draft has the same heart as him.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I realize I'm a bigger Wright hater than most here for lack of a better word. But the guy had SIX years to solidify himself as something more than a one catch a game type of player. He had 18 receptions last year. And 11 the year before. Maybe someone else can utilize him better but he was very overpaid for his production here.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I bet he goes to GB and does well. He really was reliable and got stuck behind some big talent. I'll miss his 3rd down catches.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018