Vikings sign Richardson (For real)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings sign Richardson (For real)

Post by Maelstrom88 »

mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:No!

Draft an O-lineman.

First-rounders are meant to play now. We addressed the 3-tech, and now have a greater need on the O-line than we do the D-line. Worry about a replacement for Richardson when the time comes. Go get Elflein's buddy, Billy Price, and make our world better now.
I think 3 tech is more reasonable. As We have nothing is Richardson. We have a guard they like already is Danny. Address guard with the 2nd pick (move up and trade a 5th that's not going to make the team)
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:$8 million base with an additional $3 million available in incentives. Seattle offering $6.5 million per year.
How many year did Seattle offer?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
dead_poet wrote:$8 million base with an additional $3 million available in incentives. Seattle offering $6.5 million per year.

I heard 11.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Maelstrom88 wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

I heard 11.
No $6.5
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Lol sorry, I meant how many years? How long of a contract?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

The other upside to this signing is it gives Jaleel another year to work into the rotation and hopefully progress. I'm a bit concerned about Richardson's drop in sack production but schematically he'll probably be tasked with being more of a disruptor than a full fledged pass rusher anyway. I'm most interested to see how this impacts Barr/Kendricks, I think they should be able to shoot gaps a lot more efficiently now.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Lol sorry, I meant how many years? How long of a contract?

Not sure that's been reported.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:The other upside to this signing is it gives Jaleel another year to work into the rotation and hopefully progress. I'm a bit concerned about Richardson's drop in sack production but schematically he'll probably be tasked with being more of a disruptor than a full fledged pass rusher anyway. I'm most interested to see how this impacts Barr/Kendricks, I think they should be able to shoot gaps a lot more efficiently now.
Good point on Johnson. And he gets to learn from a stud at his position.

I wouldn't worry about the drop in sacks. He's incredibly disruptive and has a lot of hurries. Watching some Vikings Twitter guys posting cutups...he has a relentless motor. He's going to be phenomenal, and against the run, too.

I read when he was in town he visited Zimmer who was in his office studying tape of draftable DTs. Both Rick abd Zimmer were on the same page about 3-technique being a priority.
nightowl
Career Elite Player

Post by nightowl »

I love this signing. For a player like Richardson who has huge ability but doesn't always live up to it this is the right kind of deal. A one year prove it deal with millions in incentives and being added to a pretty stacked front 7 where he won't be doubled very often. There's every reason for Sheldon to put up a huge year.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

YikesVikes wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:No!

Draft an O-lineman.

First-rounders are meant to play now. We addressed the 3-tech, and now have a greater need on the O-line than we do the D-line. Worry about a replacement for Richardson when the time comes. Go get Elflein's buddy, Billy Price, and make our world better now.
I think 3 tech is more reasonable. As We have nothing is Richardson. We have a guard they like already is Danny. Address guard with the 2nd pick (move up and trade a 5th that's not going to make the team)
What does that even mean? "We have nothing is Richardson"? Is that English?

If you meant we have nothing IN Richardson, that's patently ludicrous. You don't pay that kind of money for "nothing," and Richardson's track record is far more than "nothing."

And if you honestly believe Danny Isidora is anywhere near as good as Billy Price or James Daniels, then I want what you're smoking.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Interview with Richardson. Pretty cool.

http://m.vikings.com/media-vault/videos ... 3468ecdc44

Fun takeaways: full-court press to get him and Andre Patterson watched film with him for two hours BEFORE HE EVEN SIGNED.
Dakotavike
Starter

Post by Dakotavike »

I. AM. STOKED!!! Love this signing. I, like others, do hope they address the O-line early in the draft. And maybe a development QB in mid rounds but man, this team just doesn't seem to have many weak spots. I don't remember the last time I was so excited for a season and it's only March!!!
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

That D-Line of Griffin/Joseph/Richardson/Hunter will be unstoppable, period. With Joseph having an uncanny ability to take up two blockers and Griffin always getting double teamed, Richardson and Hunter are going to have a gosh-darned feast out there.

Can we say Purple People Eaters 2.0?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Rhodes Closed wrote:That D-Line of Griffin/Joseph/Richardson/Hunter will be unstoppable, period. With Joseph having an uncanny ability to take up two blockers and Griffin always getting double teamed, Richardson and Hunter are going to have a gosh-darned feast out there.

Can we say Purple People Eaters 2.0?
I saw them referred to as the "Maul of America."