Jet cashes in: 4 years $30 million with SF

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Jet cashes in: 4 years $30 million with SF

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
tzinc wrote:completely overpaid people were complaining about Cousins deal?
this is ludicrous
49ers are going straight into the dumpster with their management scheme
I'll take that bet. Jet is going to get a lot of touches in SF. He's being paid like RB/WR, as he should be.
Which bet? That San Fran will continue to be in the dumpster? I think they really went over board this year, and they will next year too, if able. They are the new Lions as far as management. I do love the Jimmy G FA a lot. But as we have seen this year, just an outstanding (which Jimmy has yet to prove he is) will not win you a SB. The way the Vikes are going at it is a much better way. Im not as big on others with the Cousins signing for 30 a year, and it isnt a front side loaded contract. I think saving 10 Mil and taking a chance on Case may have been a better move simply because, for whatever reason, the Vikings fall apart, and mostly on the D side of the ball, in big games, at horrible times. And that hard to overcome even for professionals when the D is ussually so good. Plus the D like the bend but dont break idea a little too much. I know its worked for them so far, but luck runs out, and when it does, it would be nice to have extra money lying around to pick up the good FA's.
It’s not like Case was stellar in the playoffs either
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Case wasnt stellar, correct. The Oline was worse, heck the whole team was just bad. Whatever happens to the D from time to time, like San Fran a few years ago, This years second half against the Saints, and then the whole game against the Eagles, has to be fixed.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Case wasnt stellar, correct. The Oline was worse, heck the whole team was just bad. Whatever happens to the D from time to time, like San Fran a few years ago, This years second half against the Saints, and then the whole game against the Eagles, has to be fixed.
I dont get the whole "second half vs. the Saints" thing. And I've seen this so many times on here and for whatever reason I dont address it. In the second half, Case threw a pick that put NO in the red zone and we had a punt blocked which put them in scoring range. How is that on the defense? We gave up one true TD that game. The first one to Thomas. After that they were caused by Keenum and our ST. Not the defense. When the rest of your team is putting you (the defense) in bad position, you can only contain NO's offense so much. For the most part, the defense played a pretty good second half.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

The Defense needs better pass rushers. Got to put more pressure on good QBs in order to win in the playoffs. We need to upgrade till the DLine becomes Dominant
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Laserman wrote:The Defense needs better pass rushers. Got to put more pressure on good QBs in order to win in the playoffs. We need to upgrade till the DLine becomes Dominant
3 tech is biggest need there. Pushing the pocket and getting interior penetration will make Everson and Danielle look all that much better.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

dead_poet wrote:
tzinc wrote:completely overpaid people were complaining about Cousins deal?
this is ludicrous
49ers are going straight into the dumpster with their management scheme
I'll take that bet. Jet is going to get a lot of touches in SF. He's being paid like RB/WR, as he should be.
Yeah, and Kyle Shanahan knows how to use versatile players like Jet. He could have a breakout year.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I heard the deal was backloaded in a big
way, he won't probably see a lot of that
money ?

If our wonder boy is healed we wouldn't
need him much, to be honest
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!