View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:11 am



Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals 
Author Message
Transition Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:35 pm
Posts: 300
Post Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
I just saw this reported, thoughts?


Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:42 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24348
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
Wish him well. Hopefully his knees cooperate.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:45 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 24348
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
1-year, $20 million with option for 2019 for $20 million.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:47 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 11123
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
That's a lot to pay for a guy who can't stay on the field. He and Fitz can wreak havoc if he stays healthy but that's a really big if.


Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:48 pm
Profile
Transition Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am
Posts: 359
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
His knees are shot. He would be good if he could stay healthy.

_________________
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers.


Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:53 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Posts: 3438
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
If he can stay on the field that is a dark horse playoff team. Their OL is is good when healthy, they are getting their stud RB back, and Bradford is an excellent pocket passer, with elite accuracy. I'm pulling for the guy, I think his durability issues have overshadowed his talent, and that stinks.

_________________
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi


Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:59 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 1751
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
The Daily Norseman, a Minnesota Vikings blog retweeted
Nick Korte
@nickkorte
35m
The Vikings do end up getting a 3rd round 2019 compensatory pick for Case Keenum...because Sam Bradford's APY may be higher. Thus, it would be Bradford who gets canceled out by Kirk Cousins instead of Keenum. twitter.com/RapSheet/statu…

Not sure what we will get for Teddy.


Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:26 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 8333
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
halfgiz wrote:
The Daily Norseman, a Minnesota Vikings blog retweeted
Nick Korte
@nickkorte
35m
The Vikings do end up getting a 3rd round 2019 compensatory pick for Case Keenum...because Sam Bradford's APY may be higher. Thus, it would be Bradford who gets canceled out by Kirk Cousins instead of Keenum. twitter.com/RapSheet/statu…

Not sure what we will get for Teddy.

Wow, this would be nice.


Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:35 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3380
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
Tough break for Cardinals fans. In the short term, they are now the most QB hungry team in the NFL.


Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:52 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6900
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
Interesting deal.

The Cardinals signed another veteran quarterback a few years back who had a lot of talent but couldn't stay on the field. A fellow by the name of Kurt Warner.

Of course, Warner had already been to two Super Bowls and won one. So don't fit Bradford for a tan jacket just yet.

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:59 pm
Profile
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:08 am
Posts: 187
Location: Portland, OR
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
fiestavike wrote:
Tough break for Cardinals fans. In the short term, they are now the most QB hungry team in the NFL.


I'm more thinking the Bills. They traded away Taylor and if Teddy goes to the Jets, I'm not sure who they're going to start? They're going to have to either give it to Glennon or trade up and start a rookie? Not sure what their plan is....


Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:56 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:40 pm
Posts: 163
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
This move cancels out Cousins on the compensatory formula and means we are up most likely a 3rd round compensatory pickin 2019 for Cousins, and depending what Teddy sounds for could have another 3rd rounder there in 2019...
All this contingent upon the players being on the active roster week 1 I believe.
We are probably going to get more because Cousins will restrict our ability to resign and sign free gents but there is a max of 4.
However, due to the difference between Cousins and Bradford/Keenum/Brdigewater we may give back SOME value with one of our other compensatory picks.

Still pretty good.
If Murray is a cap casualty he won't count towards the equation.


Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:09 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:40 pm
Posts: 163
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
halfgiz wrote:
The Daily Norseman, a Minnesota Vikings blog retweeted
Nick Korte
@nickkorte
35m
The Vikings do end up getting a 3rd round 2019 compensatory pick for Case Keenum...because Sam Bradford's APY may be higher. Thus, it would be Bradford who gets canceled out by Kirk Cousins instead of Keenum. twitter.com/RapSheet/statu…

Not sure what we will get for Teddy.

It is estimated to go by the Average per year vs ALL free agents.
Highest paid are slotted the highest.
So probably another 3rd if Teddy is paid anything close to the Starting QB market. Maybe a 4th.


Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:11 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 5204
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
halfgiz wrote:
The Daily Norseman, a Minnesota Vikings blog retweeted
Nick Korte
@nickkorte
35m
The Vikings do end up getting a 3rd round 2019 compensatory pick for Case Keenum...because Sam Bradford's APY may be higher. Thus, it would be Bradford who gets canceled out by Kirk Cousins instead of Keenum. twitter.com/RapSheet/statu…

Not sure what we will get for Teddy.


That sounds awesome!

_________________
Image


Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:26 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3380
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
MikethePurple wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
Tough break for Cardinals fans. In the short term, they are now the most QB hungry team in the NFL.


I'm more thinking the Bills. They traded away Taylor and if Teddy goes to the Jets, I'm not sure who they're going to start? They're going to have to either give it to Glennon or trade up and start a rookie? Not sure what their plan is....


Good point. I forgot about the bills.


Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:23 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:13 am
Posts: 7305
Location: Ft Walton Beach, Florida
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
I Liked Bradford. Damn good arm and feel for the passing game, piss poor knees. Poor deal by the cards, he won't last 3 games


Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:11 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 1751
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
Now that Bradford's knee was scoped & cleaned maybe he will get a good year out of it.
That would be our luck.

J.R.
@JReidDraftScout
57m
MIN 2019 Expected Comp. Picks: • Bradford/Cousins: Cancel out • Keenum: 3rd-Rounder • Bridgewater: 5th or 6th-Rounder


My thoughts: We could also get 4/5 for McKinnion depending what we do in FA.


Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:53 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:28 pm
Posts: 606
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Interesting deal.

The Cardinals signed another veteran quarterback a few years back who had a lot of talent but couldn't stay on the field. A fellow by the name of Kurt Warner.

Of course, Warner had already been to two Super Bowls and won one. So don't fit Bradford for a tan jacket just yet.


He actually didn't miss too many games as a cardinal. Not that I recall anyways, I live in arizona. Most of his issue was not playing early and he got benched once. His last year he was injury riddled though. And he did take the cardinals to a super bowl where they were robbed blind


Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:05 am
Profile
Strong Safety
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Posts: 11529
Location: California
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
I don't think the Cardinals will do much
the Rams should own that division for
a while. Seattle is going backwards and
SF has been moving back into a winning
team.

_________________
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!


Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:07 am
Profile
Rookie

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:10 am
Posts: 36
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
Boon wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Interesting deal.

The Cardinals signed another veteran quarterback a few years back who had a lot of talent but couldn't stay on the field. A fellow by the name of Kurt Warner.

Of course, Warner had already been to two Super Bowls and won one. So don't fit Bradford for a tan jacket just yet.


He actually didn't miss too many games as a cardinal. Not that I recall anyways, I live in arizona. Most of his issue was not playing early and he got benched once. His last year he was injury riddled though. And he did take the cardinals to a super bowl where they were robbed blind


Yep. Kurt took the cards to a superbowl and had some good years there. 3 super bowl appearances, 1 victory, Hall of Famer.


Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:28 am
Profile
Rookie

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:10 am
Posts: 36
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
halfgiz wrote:
Now that Bradford's knee was scoped & cleaned maybe he will get a good year out of it.
That would be our luck.

J.R.
@JReidDraftScout
57m
MIN 2019 Expected Comp. Picks: • Bradford/Cousins: Cancel out • Keenum: 3rd-Rounder • Bridgewater: 5th or 6th-Rounder


My thoughts: We could also get 4/5 for McKinnion depending what we do in FA.


this....


Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:34 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6900
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
Boon wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Interesting deal.

The Cardinals signed another veteran quarterback a few years back who had a lot of talent but couldn't stay on the field. A fellow by the name of Kurt Warner.

Of course, Warner had already been to two Super Bowls and won one. So don't fit Bradford for a tan jacket just yet.


He actually didn't miss too many games as a cardinal. Not that I recall anyways, I live in arizona. Most of his issue was not playing early and he got benched once. His last year he was injury riddled though. And he did take the cardinals to a super bowl where they were robbed blind

Yes, he played at a HOF level with the Cardinals, without a doubt.

I'm talking about his time with the Giants. His career in New York was injury-riddled, and most people thought he was finished. That's the point I was making. The Cardinals took a chance on a guy who seemingly couldn't stay on the field, and he turned out just fine.

In a way, the same happened with Carson Palmer.

Perhaps it will work out again with Bradford.

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:10 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 1751
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
ProFootballTalk
@ProFootballTalk
52m
Cardinals announce Sam Bradford passed physical bit.ly/2FMTPci
View summary ·

Darren Urban
@Cardschatter
2h
Bradford on his knee: "In my mind, it’s really not an issue. I think everyone outside of this building is probably worried about it." Said it's felt good since Nov.


Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:02 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 8265
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Bradford to sign with the Arizona Cardinals
Quote:
Bradford on his knee: "In my mind, it’s really not an issue. I think everyone outside of this building is probably worried about it." Said it's felt good since Nov.


What about in your knee tho? :(

_________________
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson


Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:13 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.