Vikings sign QB- Kirk Cousins to a 3 year, ~$86 million deal

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Vikings sign QB- Kirk Cousins to a 3 year, ~$86 million deal

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I feel like this one needs it's own thread if you guys want to lock any of the other Cousins/QB related ones
Vikings signed Kirk Cousins, formerly of the Redskins, to a three-year contract.

The deal is believed to be for around $86 million, and ESPN's Adam Schefter reports it will be fully-guaranteed, a landmark for an NFL free agent. The contract is expected to be finalized after Cousins visits the Vikings' facility on Thursday. It always made sense for Cousins to land in Minnesota, an organization with a strong roster and good coaching which gives him a chance to win right away. This is also an ideal spot for Cousins from a fantasy perspective. With Adam Thielen, Stefon Diggs, and Kyle Rudolph to target and Dalvin Cook in the backfield, Cousins looks like a locked-in QB1.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Vikings sign QB- Kirk Cousins to a 3 year, ~$86 million

Post by purplehaze »

Can someone tell me how to download an image from my computer to a post on a thread?
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

If they keep him upright this offense will be special. Great signing. Shows they are serious about winning a championship. :ripple:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... ree-agency

We now have a top 10 QB (he may be better on our team than the redskins too)!

Check out this stat: https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLResearch/ ... gr%5Etweet
mael·strom

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Maelstrom88 wrote:https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... ree-agency

Well, technically, we had one last year in many categories. Whatever. Welcome Kirk! You'll find our fan base patient and forgiving.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

dead_poet wrote:

Well, technically, we had one last year in many categories. Whatever. Welcome Kirk! You'll find our fan base patient and forgiving.
I think Kirk can be top 5 in our offense if the oline doesn't get him killed. The one thing Case did better than Kirk is move around in the pocket to buy time.
mael·strom

S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

purplehaze wrote:Can someone tell me how to download an image from my computer to a post on a thread?
You'll need to use an image hosting site like Imgur. Upload photo to that site and it will give you a URL (website) address. Copy that then paste it between the img tags, like:

Code: Select all

[img]paste Imgur URL here[/img]
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Reading the Vikings are being accused of violating tampering policy.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote:
purplehaze wrote:Can someone tell me how to download an image from my computer to a post on a thread?
You'll need to use an image hosting site like Imgur. Upload photo to that site and it will give you a URL (website) address. Copy that then paste it between the img tags, like:

Code: Select all

[img]paste Imgur URL here[/img]

postimage.org works well for me
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

808vikingsfan wrote:Reading the Vikings are being accused of violating tampering policy.
By the Cardinals or the Jets? :lol: Sour grapes
mael·strom

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote:

Similar position here. Don't like the signing a whole lot but now that he's a Viking, behind him 99.35%. :tongue: Hope the Vikings can find a good backup. Cupboards looking bare right now.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Lots of backups out there to be had.

I'm a huge fan of this move. Wonder what happens to Teddy.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

mansquatch wrote:Lots of backups out there to be had.

I'm a huge fan of this move. Wonder what happens to Teddy.
signing with Jets
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Couple of thoughts:

He wants to win but he's also in it for the money, lets not kid ourselves. It's a short, "double dip" contract that's fully guaranteed. Maybe the Jets or someone offered him a little more but it still took a monster contract to get him here.

This was a move Rick had to make. Franchise QB's simply don't hit free agency, I can't even remember the last. It's a huge risk but what is the downside? We don't win a SB for another five years? That's just par as a fan for this team, I want a championship and the next two years look pretty damn good right now. If it sets us back, so be it, win it all or let it blow up I say. I've seen enough .500 seasons to last my lifetime.

Despite the "all in" mentality, I hope Rick learns from his mistakes and grabs someone in the draft to groom. If Flip is as good as a lot of people say he is, we need to utilize his teaching ability while we have him, which may only be a year or two. Another journeyman vet or relying on Sloter would be a huge mistake.

If I'm Cousins, I take a massive insurance policy out on my knees. Knees come to die in Minnesota. Actually, he's fully guaranteed so probably doesn't matter. Rick better get some knee insurance on him. How nice would it be to have a QB start every game in back to back seasons? When is the last time that happened? Continuity is huge and something we've lacked on offense forever. Hopefully this is step one in making that a reality.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

S197 wrote:Couple of thoughts:

He wants to win but he's also in it for the money, lets not kid ourselves. It's a short, "double dip" contract that's fully guaranteed. Maybe the Jets or someone offered him a little more but it still took a monster contract to get him here.

This was a move Rick had to make. Franchise QB's simply don't hit free agency, I can't even remember the last. It's a huge risk but what is the downside? We don't win a SB for another five years? That's just par as a fan for this team, I want a championship and the next two years look pretty damn good right now. If it sets us back, so be it, win it all or let it blow up I say. I've seen enough .500 seasons to last my lifetime.

Despite the "all in" mentality, I hope Rick learns from his mistakes and grabs someone in the draft to groom. If Flip is as good as a lot of people say he is, we need to utilize his teaching ability while we have him, which may only be a year or two. Another journeyman vet or relying on Sloter would be a huge mistake.

If I'm Cousins, I take a massive insurance policy out on my knees. Knees come to die in Minnesota. Actually, he's fully guaranteed so probably doesn't matter. Rick better get some knee insurance on him. How nice would it be to have a QB start every game in back to back seasons? When is the last time that happened? Continuity is huge and something we've lacked on offense forever. Hopefully this is step one in making that a reality.
Totally agree. I hope they draft a Qb 8n the top 3 rounds 8n either this draft or next year.
mael·strom