View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Vikings sign QB- Kirk Cousins to a 3 year, ~$86 million deal 
Hall of Famer

Post Vikings sign QB- Kirk Cousins to a 3 year, ~$86 million deal
I feel like this one needs it's own thread if you guys want to lock any of the other Cousins/QB related ones

Quote:
Vikings signed Kirk Cousins, formerly of the Redskins, to a three-year contract.

The deal is believed to be for around $86 million, and ESPN's Adam Schefter reports it will be fully-guaranteed, a landmark for an NFL free agent. The contract is expected to be finalized after Cousins visits the Vikings' facility on Thursday. It always made sense for Cousins to land in Minnesota, an organization with a strong roster and good coaching which gives him a chance to win right away. This is also an ideal spot for Cousins from a fantasy perspective. With Adam Thielen, Stefon Diggs, and Kyle Rudolph to target and Dalvin Cook in the backfield, Cousins looks like a locked-in QB1.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:06 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post Re: Vikings sign QB- Kirk Cousins to a 3 year, ~$86 million
Can someone tell me how to download an image from my computer to a post on a thread?

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:11 pm
Transition Player

If they keep him upright this offense will be special. Great signing. Shows they are serious about winning a championship. :ripple:

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:12 pm
Transition Player

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... ree-agency

We now have a top 10 QB (he may be better on our team than the redskins too)!

Check out this stat: https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLResearch/ ... gr%5Etweet

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:31 pm
Commissioner

Maelstrom88 wrote:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-nfls-top-50-unrestricted-free-agents-heading-into-2018-free-agency

Well, technically, we had one last year in many categories. Whatever. Welcome Kirk! You'll find our fan base patient and forgiving.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:44 pm
Transition Player

dead_poet wrote:
Maelstrom88 wrote:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-nfls-top-50-unrestricted-free-agents-heading-into-2018-free-agency

Well, technically, we had one last year in many categories. Whatever. Welcome Kirk! You'll find our fan base patient and forgiving.

I think Kirk can be top 5 in our offense if the oline doesn't get him killed. The one thing Case did better than Kirk is move around in the pocket to buy time.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:51 pm
Fenrir

purplehaze wrote:
Can someone tell me how to download an image from my computer to a post on a thread?

You'll need to use an image hosting site like Imgur. Upload photo to that site and it will give you a URL (website) address. Copy that then paste it between the img tags, like:

Code:
 [img]paste Imgur URL here[/img]

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:52 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Reading the Vikings are being accused of violating tampering policy.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:53 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

S197 wrote:
purplehaze wrote:

You'll need to use an image hosting site like Imgur. Upload photo to that site and it will give you a URL (website) address. Copy that then paste it between the img tags, like:

Code:

postimage.org works well for me

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:54 pm
Transition Player

808vikingsfan wrote:

By the Cardinals or the Jets? :lol: Sour grapes

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:56 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
Maelstrom88 wrote:

Similar position here. Don't like the signing a whole lot but now that he's a Viking, behind him 99.35%. :tongue: Hope the Vikings can find a good backup. Cupboards looking bare right now.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:59 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Lots of backups out there to be had.

I'm a huge fan of this move. Wonder what happens to Teddy.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:01 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

mansquatch wrote:
Lots of backups out there to be had.

I'm a huge fan of this move. Wonder what happens to Teddy.

signing with Jets

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:03 pm
Fenrir

Couple of thoughts:

He wants to win but he's also in it for the money, lets not kid ourselves. It's a short, "double dip" contract that's fully guaranteed. Maybe the Jets or someone offered him a little more but it still took a monster contract to get him here.

This was a move Rick had to make. Franchise QB's simply don't hit free agency, I can't even remember the last. It's a huge risk but what is the downside? We don't win a SB for another five years? That's just par as a fan for this team, I want a championship and the next two years look pretty damn good right now. If it sets us back, so be it, win it all or let it blow up I say. I've seen enough .500 seasons to last my lifetime.

Despite the "all in" mentality, I hope Rick learns from his mistakes and grabs someone in the draft to groom. If Flip is as good as a lot of people say he is, we need to utilize his teaching ability while we have him, which may only be a year or two. Another journeyman vet or relying on Sloter would be a huge mistake.

If I'm Cousins, I take a massive insurance policy out on my knees. Knees come to die in Minnesota. Actually, he's fully guaranteed so probably doesn't matter. Rick better get some knee insurance on him. How nice would it be to have a QB start every game in back to back seasons? When is the last time that happened? Continuity is huge and something we've lacked on offense forever. Hopefully this is step one in making that a reality.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:05 pm
Transition Player

S197 wrote:
Couple of thoughts:

He wants to win but he's also in it for the money, lets not kid ourselves. It's a short, "double dip" contract that's fully guaranteed. Maybe the Jets or someone offered him a little more but it still took a monster contract to get him here.

This was a move Rick had to make. Franchise QB's simply don't hit free agency, I can't even remember the last. It's a huge risk but what is the downside? We don't win a SB for another five years? That's just par as a fan for this team, I want a championship and the next two years look pretty damn good right now. If it sets us back, so be it, win it all or let it blow up I say. I've seen enough .500 seasons to last my lifetime.

Despite the "all in" mentality, I hope Rick learns from his mistakes and grabs someone in the draft to groom. If Flip is as good as a lot of people say he is, we need to utilize his teaching ability while we have him, which may only be a year or two. Another journeyman vet or relying on Sloter would be a huge mistake.

If I'm Cousins, I take a massive insurance policy out on my knees. Knees come to die in Minnesota. Actually, he's fully guaranteed so probably doesn't matter. Rick better get some knee insurance on him. How nice would it be to have a QB start every game in back to back seasons? When is the last time that happened? Continuity is huge and something we've lacked on offense forever. Hopefully this is step one in making that a reality.

Totally agree. I hope they draft a Qb 8n the top 3 rounds 8n either this draft or next year.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:11 pm
Practice Squad

I will emphasize what I typed from the last thread:

$28 million is bound to happen, we will more than likely lose Kendricks or Hunter now, which will sting.

What gets me mixed about this, is that it’s FULLY GUARANTEED!! This move will make or break a GM, not only that, this will be the new standard of negotiation in the NFL. This just started it.

Spielman, I hope for the sake of the Vikings franchise, you truly know what you’re doing.

——

With that being discussed, luckily we are high in cap availability and yes, letting go both Rudolph and Robison will help the burden of this fully-guaranteed contract. We now need to solidify our offensive line and shore up our defensive backs.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:17 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

I like it. Cousins can make all the throws, keenum floats way too many throws.

As far as the draft now, with the first round I see them taking o line or d line, same in second. If Lamar Jackson is there at 30 I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:17 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Maelstrom88 wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:

By the Cardinals or the Jets? :lol: Sour grapes

Not too much traction with the story yet.

ProFootballTalk
✔ @ProFootballTalk

Teams aren't permitted to arrange visits during the negotiating window. The league's media operation is reporting that the Vikings have essentially violated this provision.
5:20 AM - Mar 13, 2018

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:21 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

I hope they frontload the heck out a deal like this. I'd like him to get about 43 million this year...clear a little cap to make that happen, and then drop down to 21.5 a year each of the next two years...or something like that.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:28 pm
Rookie

Norv Zimmer wrote:

As far as the draft now, with the first round I see them taking o line or d line, same in second. If Lamar Jackson is there at 30 I wouldn't mind seeing it.

I agree. I like the signing but really hope they grab somebody in the draft. Personally, I would love to see them grab Mason Rudolph in the second if he lasts that long.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:06 pm
Hall of Famer

Thats another thing everyone has to understand. Not sure of the details yet but we can easily front load Cousins contract. And it won't be as bad of a hit in 2019 and 2020. So another reason why we can keep the core of this team together

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:28 pm
Rookie

[url][/url]we spent 21 million on QBs last year this is just 7 million for one of the best in the NFL proven over a number of years

we have plenty of money left over for our defensive signings

need to draft an NFL ready Offensive Lineman and an Offensive Lineman prospect and a Free Agent Offensive Lineman
our oline was not fixed last year Case just moved around a lot
we need 2 or more olineman added either draft and/or as FAs
this team is crazy to sign him without fixing the oline which was exposed in the playoffs last year

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:49 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

808vikingsfan wrote:
S197 wrote:
purplehaze wrote:

Code:

postimage.org works well for me

Thanks this is the image I was trying to post earlier.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:57 pm
Transition Player

Great video on Kirk and the boneheaded plays by Keenum in the playoffs.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... fIIuCaiwcb

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:28 pm
Hall of Famer

purplehaze wrote:
[

Thanks this is the image I was trying to post earlier.

I like that! I just posted the same pic on Facebook

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:32 pm
Commissioner

Is it just me or is that catchphrase already feeling dated?

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:34 pm
Hall of Famer

Maelstrom88 wrote:

Case is gone, find someone else to piss on.

I do love Case's release. Its fast, and pretty accurate. I dont get why there are reports Cousins doesnt have a good short passing game. He releases the ball as fast as anyone ive seen, and sometimes at the LOS or 5 yards off the LOS.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Hall of Famer

dead_poet wrote:

It has gotten sooo old...

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:45 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

dead_poet wrote:

Come on man the purple version is only a couple days old!!

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:56 pm
Transition Player

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Maelstrom88 wrote:

Case is gone, find someone else to piss on.

I do love Case's release. Its fast, and pretty accurate. I dont get why there are reports Cousins doesnt have a good short passing game. He releases the ball as fast as anyone ive seen, and sometimes at the LOS or 5 yards off the LOS.

I think maybe you are the one that can't let Case go? Why is it that any criticism of him triggers you? We got a much better QB than Case ever was or will be. That will be apparent this year to everyone as long as the oline protects him.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next