2018 Free Agency

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Re: 2018 Free Agency

Post by YikesVikes »

dead_poet wrote:Vikings: Siemian + 2018 7th rounder
Broncos: 2019 5th rounder
That's what I thought. Makes sense for both parties.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Excellent deal right there. And he’s cheap and doesn’t hurt us cap wise
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I think that's a pretty fair trade. He is a serviceable backup.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Like his contract, trade seems pretty fair. A little worried this means we won't go after a QB in the draft. Flip may be good but Sloter is really unpolished. I think bringing in someone to challenge him for a job would be ideal.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

@GoesslingStrib (Ben Goessling):

According to a NFL release, Sharrif Floyd's contract did not toll into 2018. He's officially a free agent, though he still has a grievance in settlement negotiations that will determine how much he should have made from the Vikings in 2017.
Vikings should have about $22M in cap space now. Some of that will have to go towards rookies but they're still in decent shape to either front load Cousins contract, extend some key player(s), or grab a free agent or two.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

S197 wrote:

According to a NFL release, Sharrif Floyd's contract did not toll into 2018. He's officially a free agent, though he still has a grievance in settlement negotiations that will determine how much he should have made from the Vikings in 2017.
Vikings should have about $22M in cap space now. Some of that will have to go towards rookies but they're still in decent shape to either front load Cousins contract, extend some key player(s), or grab a free agent or two.
I feel bad for Floyd, the injury bug hitting young promising players hurts, but this worked out well for the Vikes.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
S197 wrote:

I feel bad for Floyd, the injury bug hitting young promising players hurts, but this worked out well for the Vikes.
I feel bad too. He was a stud when healthy and had plenty of room for improvement
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I feel bad too. He was a stud when healthy and had plenty of room for improvement
First thing we agreed on. "Did we just become best friends?" J/k but I felt he was fantastic at his role in this defense and improving every game.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Sirles was not tendered and is now a free agent. Rumor is Berger will retire.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Rumors are floating Vikings are making a HUGE signing tomorrow, unknown sources, but still just a rumor. Hopefully it's an o-lineman.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

YikesVikes wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote: I feel bad too. He was a stud when healthy and had plenty of room for improvement
First thing we agreed on. "Did we just become best friends?" J/k but I felt he was fantastic at his role in this defense and improving every game.
:lol: do you wanna do karate in the garage?!!
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Rhodes Closed wrote:Rumors are floating Vikings are making a HUGE signing tomorrow, unknown sources, but still just a rumor. Hopefully it's an o-lineman.
Where are you seeing this
-Chazz Palminteri
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Rhodes Closed wrote:Rumors are floating Vikings are making a HUGE signing tomorrow, unknown sources, but still just a rumor. Hopefully it's an o-lineman.
Where are you seeing this
Mostly Twitter. I wouldn't trust it though, there's no trusted sources, from what I've looked up so far. It's probably just the Kirk Cousins signing thing.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

I'm praying for A Richardson trade. From a technical standpoint. He's everything this defense needs. He's fantastic in a multitude of alignments. If you like Dline play, this is an orgy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zukmRxdvOyg
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

If it's huge, I'm thinking Sheldon Richardson. Or Solder. Can't think of any other "huge" lineman to sign.