2018 Free Agency

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2018 Free Agency

Post by dead_poet »

fiestavike wrote:
dead_poet wrote:NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Dolphins are shopping RT Ja'Wuan James.

Solid RT that seems to be being cut due to the Dolphins' atrocious cap situation. Was out much of last year with a groin injury but he's a Rick AND Zim target: Former first-rounder coming off his rookie deal. Was a top-5 pass-blocker (per PFF) before going down. Was effective the year prior as well. Only knock on him has really been his ability to stay healthy. He's been banged up with stingers, toe injury and the groin but has been effective when on the field. Feels like a Remmers-type signing. Keep Remmers at G.
Please, don't keep Remmers at Guard. He was terrible at Guard.
He's a better RT but wasn't terrible at guard. I'd prefer him over Sirles.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I know Suh has a bad reputation, no argument there. But if they can bring him in and integrate him, they would be hard pressed to find more talent at 3 technique. Suh paired with Joseph would be an impregnable interior, plus Suh is very capable of rushing the passer from the interior which the Vikings sorely need.

I get why people don't like the guy, but the incremental potential he would bring to the defense is too great to ignore. Against virtually every OL in the league our interior DL would present a game changing mismatch. Kendricks and Barr would be running free all over the place.

If they pursue him I will not be upset. Don't be shocked if Belicik goes after him.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Trae Burton and Allen Robinson to the Bears. Chicago will be tough this year. Especially if they get some help on defense. I wanted Burton.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Remmers was bad at guard, and decent at T. He needs to play his original position in order for him to be as good as he can be. Unless we hit the injury bug again.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Remmers was bad at guard, and decent at T. He needs to play his original position in order for him to be as good as he can be. Unless we hit the injury bug again.
I actually thought he was a better tackle too. I just hope we land Billy Price from Ohio St. Him next to Elflein would be a great combo IMO
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

fiestavike wrote:
dead_poet wrote:NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Dolphins are shopping RT Ja'Wuan James.

Solid RT that seems to be being cut due to the Dolphins' atrocious cap situation. Was out much of last year with a groin injury but he's a Rick AND Zim target: Former first-rounder coming off his rookie deal. Was a top-5 pass-blocker (per PFF) before going down. Was effective the year prior as well. Only knock on him has really been his ability to stay healthy. He's been banged up with stingers, toe injury and the groin but has been effective when on the field. Feels like a Remmers-type signing. Keep Remmers at G.
Please, don't keep Remmers at Guard. He was terrible at Guard.
I agree...Berger and Remmers wasn’t actually playing to bad over there on the right side. They had average grades.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Just like that our QB's are gone. Whish them all luck.

A mass quarterback exodus out of Minnesota. Report here that Teddy Bridgewater going to Jets. Would follow Case Keenum to Broncos and Sam Bradford to Cardinals.

Chris Tomasson added,
Bryant McFadden
Verified account @BMac_SportsTalk
Sources tell me the @nyjets are finalizing a deal with @teddyb_h2o.#NYJets #FreeAgency
2 replies 5 retweets 8 likes
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:Remmers was bad at guard, and decent at T. He needs to play his original position in order for him to be as good as he can be. Unless we hit the injury bug again.
I actually thought he was a better tackle too. I just hope we land Billy Price from Ohio St. Him next to Elflein would be a great combo IMO
Price is my first choice in the draft (unless Rick knows of a great pick higher up in mind that he plans to trade up for). He and Elf will be so damn solid. Remmers on the RT, thats going to be a great side for Cook to cook/sweep behind. I thinkI saw Elf once rip a guys heart out, and put it back in before the Refs saw him.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

halfgiz wrote:Just like that our QB's are gone. Whish them all luck.

A mass quarterback exodus out of Minnesota. Report here that Teddy Bridgewater going to Jets. Would follow Case Keenum to Broncos and Sam Bradford to Cardinals.

Chris Tomasson added,
Bryant McFadden
Sources tell me the @nyjets are finalizing a deal with @teddyb_h2o.#NYJets #FreeAgency
This just stinks. The Jets to me are the typical below .500 team, usually screwing something up if they get something going.

Man its going to be hard being a Jets fan while Teddy is there.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:

Chris Tomasson added,
Bryant McFadden
This just stinks. The Jets to me are the typical below .500 team, usually screwing something up if they get something going.

Man its going to be hard being a Jets fan while Teddy is there.
My dream scenario would have been to see Teddy go to the Browns and turn that franchise around.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Chris Tomasson added,
Bryant McFadden
Interesting that no one followed Shurmur.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:

Chris Tomasson added,
Bryant McFadden
Eli blocking a clear path to start muddied the waters.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

GB signed Jimmy Graham and released Jordy Nelson.

Bears agreed to terms with WR Taylor Gabriel.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

S197 wrote:

Chris Tomasson added,
Bryant McFadden
I could see the Giants go after Jet
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
S197 wrote:

Chris Tomasson added,
Bryant McFadden
I could see the Giants go after Jet
Been linked to the Bucs is all I've read.