2018 Free Agency

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: 2018 Free Agency

Post by S197 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote: I feel bad too. He was a stud when healthy and had plenty of room for improvement
First thing we agreed on. "Did we just become best friends?" J/k but I felt he was fantastic at his role in this defense and improving every game.
:lol: do you wanna do karate in the garage?!!
:lol:
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote:
Rhodes Closed wrote:Rumors are floating Vikings are making a HUGE signing tomorrow, unknown sources, but still just a rumor. Hopefully it's an o-lineman.
If it's huge, I'm thinking Sheldon Richardson. Or Solder. Can't think of any other "huge" lineman to sign.

Viking Quest‏@VikingQuestMN

I’ve heard from a few sources, Vikings have a “decent chance” of landing Sheldon Richardson. Would be a short 1-2 year deal.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

S197 wrote:
Rhodes Closed wrote:Rumors are floating Vikings are making a HUGE signing tomorrow, unknown sources, but still just a rumor. Hopefully it's an o-lineman.
If it's huge, I'm thinking Sheldon Richardson. Or Solder. Can't think of any other "huge" lineman to sign.
Solder signed to Gmen
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@DWolfsonKSTP Clayborn is another DL the #Vikings have inquired about. But he'll be tough to get with enough other teams more seriously in the mix.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Cousins? :lol:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Maelstrom88 wrote:
Cousins? :lol:
Lol my thought exactly.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

LeGarrette Blount is visiting Detroit tomorrow. Good god, please don't sign with the Lions or they may just be a good team. :hitfan:
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

If they make a FA signing for a starting calibur player, I would guess 3-tech or G.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

fiestavike wrote:If they make a FA signing for a starting calibur player, I would guess 3-tech or G.
agreed, guard market is a little weak right now. Pugh is still out there. Still some good DTs out there. Although this draft has some studs too
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Rhodes Closed wrote:LeGarrette Blount is visiting Detroit tomorrow. Good god, please don't sign with the Lions or they may just be a good team. :hitfan:
I have a feeling this division is gonna be loaded this year. I really hope that if we go 10-6 or 11-5 because of our very tough schedule, we dont have a ton of fans on here saying "see I told you Kirk wasnt worth the money, Case won 13 games" before we get into playoff games. This team is even better yes, but this schedule is as tough as tough gets. Especially with road games
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Rhodes Closed wrote:LeGarrette Blount is visiting Detroit tomorrow. Good god, please don't sign with the Lions or they may just be a good team. :hitfan:
I have a feeling this division is gonna be loaded this year. I really hope that if we go 10-6 or 11-5 because of our very tough schedule, we dont have a ton of fans on here saying "see I told you Kirk wasnt worth the money, Case won 13 games" before we get into playoff games. This team is even better yes, but this schedule is as tough as tough gets. Especially with road games
I agree. If the Vikings make no other major roster additions they will not match last years record, and the return of Rodgers and improvement of the bears/lions are among the reasons for that. If they want to solidify their position atop the NFC North, they need to add an impact player in the defensive trenches, and they need an O-line that cam impose its will on other teams. If they can win in the trenches, the rest of their very talented players will be able to shine.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

If we're able to get Cousins, Richardson, and Siemian that would be a fantastic free agency. Plus we can mainly focus on OL and developmental guys in the draft. Also, if the Siemian reports are correct, we essentially traded Keenum, Bradford, Bridgewater, and a 5th rounder for Cousins, Siemian, a 3rd rounder, 4th rounder, and a 7th rounder. That's amazing.
Last edited by TSonn on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Agreed. Richardson next to Joseph would be scary. Like I said before, I'd much rather draft quality OL then to spend more money there. Even if we dont land a DT or OL in FA, I still feel confident come draft time. It would just be nice to know one is already taken care of if we do it now.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

TSonn wrote:If we're able to get Cousins, Richardson, and Siemian that would be a fantastic free agency. Plus we can mainly focus on OL and developmental guys in the draft. Also, if the Siemian reports are correct, we essentially traded Keenum, Bradford, Bridgewater, and a 5th rounder for Cousins, Siemian, a 3rd rounder, 4th rounder, and a 7th rounder. That's amazing.
Question: Does the fact that the vikings traded for Siemian mean that his addition won't be factored in to compensatory picks? In other words, did trading a 5th for him (instead of signing, say, Osweiler) protect whatever compensatory picks the vikings might get from losing Teddy or McKinnon? In other words, is it possible that the Vikings essentially got Siemian and a 7th rounder for nothing?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

fiestavike wrote:
I agree. If the Vikings make no other major roster additions they will not match last years record, and the return of Rodgers and improvement of the bears/lions are among the reasons for that. If they want to solidify their position atop the NFC North, they need to add an impact player in the defensive trenches, and they need an O-line that cam impose its will on other teams. If they can win in the trenches, the rest of their very talented players will be able to shine.
I feel the schedule all but guarantees a lower win total. We are facing an absolutely brutal road schedule. Of course every year someone falls off and someone comes on, so for all we know, some of those road games will be wimpier than we think. Of course, if Cousin can elevate his game and the offense this team is a threat to beat anyone, even on the road, so anything is possible.

FWIW, I think GB is in decline. They've added no real talent, have only one legitimate WR, and their defense continues to decline. It's all about Rogers and thats it, but he has come down to earth a bit from 5 years ago. They could be a 3rd place team in this division next year if Bears or Lions become more of a threat.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi