Are Saints in Danger of Losing Drew Brees to the Vikings?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Are Saints in Danger of Losing Drew Brees to the Vikings

Post by purplehaze »

Brees is old as dirt and he licks his fingers too much.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

purplehaze wrote:Brees is old as dirt and he licks his fingers too much.
:lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

YikesVikes wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote: Jesus, people saying a nobody like Cousins is better then Brees. And theres no way teddy could heal up but Sammy can in a heartbeat after being hurt 50 thousand times so far. I hope to god Rick ans Zim dont have time to waste to look at the comments on this board.
Yup cousins is a nobody and Teddy’s a stud in the making even though he hasn’t played in two years (or did anything prior to his injury) ..... exactly why I hope Zim and Spielman don’t bother to read yours :lol:

Ps, not one single person on here said Bradford could “heal up in a heartbeat”. And either way, his last injury didn’t demolish his knee to the point where players were puking on the field. Little bit of a difference there. Just a little though :whistle:
I think you are wrong about Teddy achievements before injury. He was the league's best Qb in the final 2 mins of games in 2015. He won 11 games including beating Rogers in Lame-blow for the division and was a miss kick away from knocking off Seattle (the NFC Superbowl representatives the year before). His stats weren't pretty but to say he didn't achieve anything is a gross exaggeration.

Also, the look of an injury doesn't really correlate to the long term prognosis of said injury.
Lets be honest, HE didnt win 11 games. That was more on the coat tails of AP and his defense. We were one of the worst passing teams in the NFL both years he was our starter. That alone should say enough. He was a game manager. I'm not saying he was "awful" but he was a game manager than leaned on the rest of his team. Congrats on being the best QB in the last two minutes but we needed a lot more out of him than that
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
JDLon
Rookie

Post by JDLon »

2 years $50m according to Rapaport...another QB off the board

(Edit to clarify with the Saints!!)
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

We can probably lock this one too
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Bye Brees. It was a fun five minutes.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly