[Rumor] Kirk Cousins a Vikings for 27 million/year

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: [Rumor] Kirk Cousins a Vikings for 27 million/year

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I'd be ok with Osweiler.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Sign Osweiler. With DeFilippo, I can see him actually reaching his potential as a fringe-good player while behind Cousins. Denver sucked and Houston wasn't a good fit for him.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Ugh idk Osweiler is gross. Gabbert played halfway decent in SF with no talent around him. Either way, I’m on the Luke Falk, Mason Rudolph and Kyle Lauletta train in the 2nd-4th round somewhere
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Not a fan of Osweiler on the Vikings, mainly because he's huge and immobile, and I have a feeling DeFilippo is going to take advantage of Cousins' ability to throw on the run. The best teams don't have to change their offense when they put the backup under center.

I'm also not a fan of Osweiler on the Vikings because, well, he kinda stinks. I'd rather have Gabbert as a backup. But I wouldn't want him to have to start 14 games like Keenum did.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Sloter should be the back up and they should draft one imo.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Geno Smith please. A good back up.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

YikesVikes wrote:Geno Smith please. A good back up.
Geno Smith is not a good backup. Or a good QB for that matter. He holds a whopping 29:36 TD to INT ratio and has a career completion percentage of 57.9. That is as bad as it gets. I live in NY. I've seen this guy play many of times. He's terrible. I'll pass
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

with the numbers being what they are, I'd suggest trading for Teddy Bridgewater! :v):
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Geno Smith is not a good backup. Or a good QB for that matter. He holds a whopping 29:36 TD to INT ratio and has a career completion percentage of 57.9. That is as bad as it gets. I live in NY. I've seen this guy play many of times. He's terrible. I'll pass
Of the guys on the list, who is better?

I hate that young And aren't given the time to develop. Here we have a young guy who had a bad rookie season. His sophomore season he improved and since then, he's been on the bench. Geno still has the ability to play and would be a good backup in my eyes. With the amount spent on QB1, we don't really have 10 million to throw at a QB2.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

YikesVikes wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Of the guys on the list, who is better?

I hate that young And aren't given the time to develop. Here we have a young guy who had a bad rookie season. His sophomore season he improved and since then, he's been on the bench. Geno still has the ability to play and would be a good backup in my eyes. With the amount spent on QB1, we don't really have 10 million to throw at a QB2.
Matt Moore first of all. I would consider Gabbert. Why not just draft one? That’s what I want to do. Who says we need to sign one? It’s not like we have a rookie starter that needs a vet behind him. We have a veteran starter. So get a rookie to back him up. I’m sure he would be better than Geno Smith.

And you also said “I want Geno Smith, a good backup”. What classifies him as a “good” backup?? Because he’s never been good. Ever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Yeah I think some people think a good backup is anyone who has started a game in the NFL. But if they were horrible then just having experience doesn't make them someone you want starting on Sunday.
Last edited by Maelstrom88 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mael·strom

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:I dont see us losing Kendricks or Hunter as a sure thing. Remember there is a lot of money coming off of next years books with Robison along with others. Could be some surprise cuts like Rudy. Either way, this is more than doable to keep those guys. There was an article on exactly how we could do it.
Prior to Cousins, we were slated to be $67 million under the cap going into the 2019 season, when we'll need to re-sign Kendricks, Hunter, etc. I have every confidence that Spielman and Co. will work the numbers and sign who needs to be signed.

We as a fanbase need to wake up to the fact that we have one of the better organizations in the NFL. The Wilfs have done everything imaginable to bring us facilities and players. Spielman had dealt shrewdly in the draft and the occasional free agent signing. Mike Zimmer has been tremendous -- 39 regular season wins in 4 years, having taken over for a rebuild. It speaks volumes that Kirk Cousins likely could have gotten $10 million more somewhere else but chose the Vikings.

Obviously we still don't have that pesky Lombardi trophy, so there's no way we can call ours "the best" organization or even elite. But in every other aspect, we're there. In my opinion, the future is bright for the Vikings.
:beerock: Get this man a beverage! HERE HERE
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Maelstrom88 wrote:Yeah I think dome people think a good backip is anyone who has started a game in the NFL. But if they were horrible then just having experience doesn't make them someone you want starting on Sunday.
IMO, the right guy to be a backup for this roster is an aged vet QB. The Shaun Hill type player. This roster is very strong, so they just need a guy who is going to come in on the cheap, make a few plays, and be a game manager while the starter recovers from whatever booboo he got.

If we were not an elite roster, I'd say just roll with Sloter.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

A rookie backup would be a bad idea. It also flies against what this team typical does. Routinely we have a starter, a vet and a young development talent.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

YikesVikes wrote:A rookie backup would be a bad idea. It also flies against what this team typical does. Routinely we have a starter, a vet and a young development talent.
Sloter is no longer a rookie.
mael·strom