2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24546
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by dead_poet » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:21 am

Jet to SF, reportedly 4-year, $30 million ($7.5 million average). Wow. Good for Her.

Also, watch out for SF this year.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
Maelstrom88
Franchise Player
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Maelstrom88 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:29 am

dead_poet wrote:Jet to SF, reportedly 4-year, $30 million ($7.5 million average). Wow. Good for Her.

Also, watch out for SF this year.
Love the guy but that's a lot for him imo. He may just be the next Darren Sproles in that offense though.
0 x
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers.

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18477
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:45 am

Maelstrom88 wrote:
dead_poet wrote:Jet to SF, reportedly 4-year, $30 million ($7.5 million average). Wow. Good for Her.

Also, watch out for SF this year.
Love the guy but that's a lot for him imo. He may just be the next Darren Sproles in that offense though.
I agree.
SF is on the rise.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5380
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:49 am

Jet is now the 4th highest paid RB in the nfl. And we’re saying Murray was overpaid :confused:
0 x
Image

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3506
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Location: Coon Rapids, MN

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by mansquatch » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:20 am

SF is fashionable, but we'll see how well Garroppolo plays after DCs have multiple games of tape on him. Have to believe he'll go through a re-adjustment period. I hope Jet can do well for himself, he always played hard for the Vikings.

Then agian... I think SF overpaid. Jet has never been able to hold up to a full season of work in the NFL as a legit starter. He has always been at his best as the change of pace back. They just paid a lot of money to a guy who in all liklihood will miss 25% of the season if he is the primary starter.

SF is definitely making a splash, but are they this year's cap disaster in the making. Given what they paid Garroppolo, they might be the next explosion...
0 x
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi

User avatar
Husker Vike
Transition Player
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:35 pm

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Husker Vike » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:35 pm

I agree, they still have holes to fill and have spent a big part of their cap.
0 x

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11369
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by S197 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:57 pm

Good for him. And our compensatory picks.
0 x

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24546
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by dead_poet » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:46 pm

Berger has offers from Vikings and Lions but weighing retirement. Decision to come in the coming few days.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5380
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:05 am

Vikings acquired QB Trevor Siemian and a 2018 seventh-round draft pick from the Broncos in exchange for a fifth-round pick in 2019.
The Broncos were in a hurry to get rid of Siemian even though he was easily their second-best quarterback behind Case Keenum and costs only $705,000 this season. In Minnesota, Siemian will provide a formidable backup to Kirk Cousins. Mar 14 - 5:49 PM
Figured I'd add the full details of this
0 x
Image

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5380
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Richardson is aiming for $15 million a year, so the sides obviously have significant ground to make up. The 27-year-old is meeting with Vikings brass on Thursday, though it's unclear how much Minnesota is willing to spend after investing $84 million in Kirk Cousins. The former Defensive Rookie of the Year impressed last season, earning PFF's No. 21 grade among 79 qualifiers at defensive tackle.
Looks like we are meeting with Richardson today
0 x
Image

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24546
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by dead_poet » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Richardson is aiming for $15 million a year, so the sides obviously have significant ground to make up. The 27-year-old is meeting with Vikings brass on Thursday, though it's unclear how much Minnesota is willing to spend after investing $84 million in Kirk Cousins. The former Defensive Rookie of the Year impressed last season, earning PFF's No. 21 grade among 79 qualifiers at defensive tackle.
Looks like we are meeting with Richardson today
$15 million/year?!

But dang would he look good next to Linval.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5380
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:38 pm

dead_poet wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Richardson is aiming for $15 million a year, so the sides obviously have significant ground to make up. The 27-year-old is meeting with Vikings brass on Thursday, though it's unclear how much Minnesota is willing to spend after investing $84 million in Kirk Cousins. The former Defensive Rookie of the Year impressed last season, earning PFF's No. 21 grade among 79 qualifiers at defensive tackle.
Looks like we are meeting with Richardson today
$15 million/year?!

But dang would he look good next to Linval.
I would think we can get him down from that
0 x
Image

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24546
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by dead_poet » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Richardson has a $11 million offer from Seattle. Sounds like Rick is up next. Let's get it done.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24546
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by dead_poet » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:46 pm

0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3542
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by fiestavike » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:49 pm

dead_poet wrote:Richardson has a $11 million offer from Seattle. Sounds like Rick is up next. Let's get it done.
Its been definitely confirmed that Seattle does not have an 11 million dollar offer to Richardson. that was an erroneous report.
0 x

Post Reply