2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Yea I know you're a strong advocate for Cousins PHP and youre right, he doesn't come with injury concerns but it only takes one unfortunate situation for that to go out the window. As for as Performance, going off of the stats you've posted and a little research myself, he's been way more efficient than our current QBs(Though I believe Bradford could've surpass him in 17' season) but Im skeptical because with all his great stat's, Washington still had mediocre records.

But hey if we get him I'm I wont be mad just skeptical. And even if he plays bad, I promise I wont be one of those I told you so guys. I completely understand that the Vikings front office ultimate goal is to win and any QB decision they make will be a tough one.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Dmizzle0 wrote:Yea I know you're a strong advocate for Cousins PHP and youre right, he doesn't come with injury concerns but it only takes one unfortunate situation for that to go out the window. As for as Performance, going off of the stats you've posted and a little research myself, he's been way more efficient than our current QBs(Though I believe Bradford could've surpass him in 17' season) but Im skeptical because with all his great stat's, Washington still had mediocre records.

But hey if we get him I'm I wont be mad just skeptical. And even if he plays bad, I promise I wont be one of those I told you so guys. I completely understand that the Vikings front office ultimate goal is to win and any QB decision they make will be a tough one.
Well you definitely make some valid points. But again, don’t let the records fool you. Without Kirk cousins, the Redksins are a very bad team. Like 4 win max team. Look at the Texans. Outside of those few games with Watson they had very bad QB play on a fairly talented team and win 4 games. Houston has a better overall team than Washington does. The records mean nothing to me to be honest. Especially when you’re surrounded by a terrible defense, below average WRs and RBs and a bad offensive line like cousins had this year
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Sam Bradford - QB - Free Agent
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Bills are a "team to watch" for free agent Sam Bradford.

Pelissero adds the Vikings have "stayed in touch" with the impending free agent, but Bradford "may have options, provided he can pass a physical." How Bradford's troublesome knee, which coach Mike Zimmer described as "degenerative," fares in medical testing will likely decide how strong his market actually is. If the Bills are comfortable with his health, this marriage makes a lot of sense.
Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Denardus
Backup

Post by Denardus »

Vikings put second-round tender on Nick Easton

"That will pay him $2.914 million for the year, and effectively take him off what has become a lucrative guard market"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ck-easton/
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Per Schefter, Keenum to Denver in the morning
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Well that can only mean one thing....

I guess it could mean another thing too..
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 0e1aa5a4fd

TE- Trey Burton confirms we have reached out to him
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Pondering Her Percy wrote:http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 0e1aa5a4fd

TE- Trey Burton confirms we have reached out to him
Nevermind he just went to the Bears. Bears have made some big moves!
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Vikings signed Kirk Cousins, formerly of the Redskins, to a three-year contract.

The deal is believed to be for around $86 million, and ESPN's Adam Schefter reports it will be fully-guaranteed, a landmark for an NFL free agent. The contract is expected to be finalized after Cousins visits the Vikings' facility on Thursday. It always made sense for Cousins to land in Minnesota, an organization with a strong roster and good coaching which gives him a chance to win right away. This is also an ideal spot for Cousins from a fantasy perspective. With Adam Thielen, Stefon Diggs, and Kyle Rudolph to target and Dalvin Cook in the backfield, Cousins looks like a locked-in QB1.
Our new QB-1 !!!!
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

The Star Tribune's Ben Goessling reports the Vikings are interested in Bears restricted free agent CB Bryce Callahan.

Chicago only placed an original-round tender on Callahan, meaning they will not be owed any compensation if they decline to match an offer sheet. It was an odd decision for a player who was always likely to draw interest -- it would have only cost the Bears $1 million more to give him a second-round tender. Chicago might end up having to match an offer sheet to retain Callahan.
Like this idea. Good depth right here. Wasting no time
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Sam to Arizona soon
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Teddy close to signing in New York (Jets).

Sigh.

Godspeed, Teddy. You have your work cut out for you.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Last edited by Dmizzle0 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Dmizzle0 wrote:Im gotta say, Im really nervous I was hoping we'd keep at least one of our previous QBs.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

dead_poet wrote:Teddy close to signing in New York (Jets).

Sigh.

Godspeed, Teddy. You have your work cut out for you.
OMG, poor Teddy :( Heck of a way to see Teddy go, we have to find a way to strengthen players knees.